Storm match in Melbourne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
Howdy all,
I live in Melbourne these days - so rarely get to watch the mighty eagles. A good mate of mine is flying to Melbourne for the weekend, and we are making the pilgrimage to AAMI stadium to watch the mighty eagles go round again (can't wait already).
Anyone know if there is any organised events for that away day? Or even a pub most Manly fans might gather at prior?
We sat in the 'away team' seats last time and found the view horrendous - so won't be making that mistake again this time!

@The Wheel Will you be in town for work by chance?

Howdy all,
I live in Melbourne these days - so rarely get to watch the mighty eagles. A good mate of mine is flying to Melbourne for the weekend, and we are making the pilgrimage to AAMI stadium to watch the mighty eagles go round again (can't wait already).
Anyone know if there is any organised events for that away day? Or even a pub most Manly fans might gather at prior?
We sat in the 'away team' seats last time and found the view horrendous - so won't be making that mistake again this time!

Oh for the days of MFB’s away game packages, great seats , pre game hospitality, post game meet the players.

Pity I love retirement ( and fishing) so much isn’t it!!!

Howdy all,

No I won’t be unfortunately

I'll be there (watching the crappy view from the away section).
Forked out for seats in the clubhouse last year but was PO'd by the fact that all the good (middle of the ground) seating was reserved for storm members. But It was good to retreat inside when the cold got too much for my 2 year old.
My mother and (almost) three year old will be joining me this year so probably won't be doing much prior to the game. But I did think Tokosan might be a good choice for dinner :)

307C1B58-DAAE-4DAA-A04B-AA7D5B4156A7.jpeg
I'll be there (watching the crappy view from the away section).
Forked out for seats in the clubhouse last year but was PO'd by the fact that all the good (middle of the ground) seating was reserved for storm members. But It was good to retreat inside when the cold got too much for my 2 year old.
My mother and (almost) three year old will be joining me this year so probably won't be doing much prior to the game. But I did think Tokosan might be a good choice for dinner :)
Am sitting there right now
Not the same though without the snake

Oh for the days of MFB’s away game packages, great seats , pre game hospitality, post game meet the players.

Pity I love retirement ( and fishing) so much isn’t it!!!
True. But my doc says my liver function is much better these days.

@Harmless27 can’t help with your questions sorry. But can you do me a favour on the day, can you absolutely give it to
Grub Smith all game for me. I’ll send you a box of lozengers if need be.:hi:

True. But my doc says my liver function is much better these days.

@Harmless27 can’t help with your questions sorry. But can you do me a favour on the day, can you absolutely give it to
Grub Smith all game for me. I’ll send you a box of lozengers if need be.:hi:

Yes we did imbibe somewhat at the functions didn’t we???

I’ll be travelling up to Melbourne for the first time to watch the game !! does anyone recommend a certain area to sit ? I was thinking the away section but the seats look terrible !! Would be good if we could get a font manly section going ?

I’ll be travelling up to Melbourne for the first time to watch the game !! does anyone recommend a certain area to sit ? I was thinking the away section but the seats look terrible !! Would be good if we could get a font manly section going ?
They ar eliterally the worst seats inthe stadium mate - stay away

I will have a few mates in town from the beaches so we will be hitting a pub in the city (most likely - such as The Duke of Wellington maybe) and then walk to the ground

will post an update of what my plans are closer to the game

@wombatgc consider it DONE.
@The Wheel Thats sad
@Mark from Brisbane I am disappointed I missed the boat. Sounds like they were awesome trips.... but your retirement is well deserved
@globaleagle about as useful as a #17 who gets 0 minutes

One thing worth knowing is the best seats in the GA and clubhouse areas are reserved for members and they are extremely narky about it. I usually aim to sit a couple of bays up from the away bay so the view isn't too bad and we aren't too isolated. That said, the majority of the crowd is usually quite neutral.
The best seats usually sell quite fast when they play Manly so I'd take a look to see what's still free.

If there were enough Silvertails fans going I would almost look at hiring a corporate box (I know some ppl connected with the stadium) so we could just get on the booze and not deal with the filthy scum directly.

We go every year it’s in Melbourne. It’s my excuse to spend a few days there.
And yep, the away bays are complete rubbish.

@Harmless27 Buying my tickets for the Melbourne game this week !! Anyone suggest what tickets to buy I’m thinking GA ? Would like to sit next to any manly fans that are going

@Luke_m ive not bought mine yet - planning to get them on the day

I’m thinking I’ll meet mates at a pub prior and then walk to the ground.

I did The London Tavern in Richmond last time. Great for a beer garden pint and a feed (although kitchen is closed 3-6)

Will likely head there again or the Cherry Tree I reckon

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4