Storm have Slater on Cap for $500K or less

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
According to 360 tonight that figure is all that the Storm pay Slater out of the cap.

Ben Ikin reckons the 17 players that started for the Broncos last week ore on a combined total of $9mil, that means the other 13 players are on a combined $500K.

And yet Manly are being punished for cheating the cap.

Makes sense.

Is anyone surprised? No.
I'm only surprised they would actually say that on 360, on one of the game's 'broadcast partner' networks.
Maybe they are paving the way for a certain finding about the salary cap??!!

Complete rort. Just like the rorters roster. The blatantly uneven playing field in this comp incenses me, as does the CEO.
Against the odds we need to get back to the top and shove it right up Toddy and the broncos, roosters, storm etc. and celebrate Premiership #9.

Is anyone surprised? No.
I'm only surprised they would actually say that on 360, on one of the game's 'broadcast partner' networks.
Maybe they are paving the way for a certain finding about the salary cap??!!

They were having a great laugh about it, Kent, Hooper and Ikin.

It is not by far a level playing field and it never will be while news filth has a stake in the Drizzle and the Donkeys and while Politis runs the chooks. When will the NRL get it and take ownership of the cap and run it for all clubs, make it all transparent and any hidden payments means a team is suspended!!

Any chance we could still make the 8 if several cheating teams are stripped of points?
Don't expect the NRL to pick up any indiscretions. The last thing they want to hear is that this competition is uneven.
Any time a rort is discovered it is by chance or from a whistle-blower.
Imagine the NRL's laughingly named 'Integrity Unit' proving that there was no integrity in the NRL!

Don't want to be accused of coming out with something with common sense and logic, particular here because you guys are just so much fun, but wouldn't the game be better if we had the cap, plus a max of $2mil (in dollars or benefits), that the teams find from their own resources, that are on record with the NRL and bank accounts checked from the players?

Great idea but
Don't want to be accused of coming out with something with common sense and logic, particular here because you guys are just so much fun, but wouldn't the game be better if we had the cap, plus a max of $2mil (in dollars or benefits), that the teams find from their own resources, that are on record with the NRL and bank accounts checked from the players?

Great idea but we would still be over a mill+ behind as we can only raise something like 500k in TPA's.

!M should be enough TPA money.

Great idea but

Great idea but we would still be over a mill+ behind as we can only raise something like 500k in TPA's.

!M should be enough TPA money.

Hear what your saying but if it wasn't $2mil the Roosters / Broncos / Storm / Parra / Cowboys Cronulla would loose to many players in reality. I reckon conservatively those boards individually would be worth hundreds of millions. At Roosters between two Directors their net worth's would be in excess of $800mil Then also it puts the onus on the other clubs to step up and actually offer an attractive brand worth investing in. Personally if the process was more apparent and clearer most clubs wouldn't struggle that much. We only raise $500K because we thought we would do it the right way.

Just my opinion.

TPA's, what a joke

TPA's actually have their origin back in the Super League war. No, there weren't TPA's as such back then as we know them now, but they came about as a result of the inflated salaries that the war created (in the scramble to sign players, even some reserve graders went from earning $50k per year to $500k pretty much overnight). A way was needed to be found to keep the players being able to earn at least somewhere close to what they were getting back then, but it had to be in a way so that not all the clubs would go broke trying to keep up with the likes of the Broncos.

Player managers were threatening that the top players of the time like Fittler, Daley, Lockyer etc would all defect to the newly (at the time) professional rugby union and the money was needed, thus TPA's eventually came into being.

Unfortunately, all TPA's do is make a mockery of what the salary cap was originally introduced for as it gave the one team, one town clubs, or those like the Chooks with Politis and his cronies, a huge advantage.

Clubs like Manly have not only done well just to even survive as long as they have, but the fact that since then we've made it to 4 Grand Finals and have won two of them is a huge achievement.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8