Storm have Slater on Cap for $500K or less

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Why don't they just bin the cap? It's obviously not working and it would save the NRL wasting $$$ on bull**** investigations

Because it helps the teams that fit their agenda and hurts the ones that fit their other agenda..
That
Hear what your saying but if it wasn't $2mil the Roosters / Broncos / Storm / Parra / Cowboys Cronulla would loose to many players in reality. I reckon conservatively those boards individually would be worth hundreds of millions. At Roosters between two Directors their net worth's would be in excess of $800mil Then also it puts the onus on the other clubs to step up and actually offer an attractive brand worth investing in. Personally if the process was more apparent and clearer most clubs wouldn't struggle that much. We only raise $500K because we thought we would do it the right way.

Just my opinion.

Fair enough mate. A 2M TPA cap would be relevant to restrict an unfair blowout to probably 50% of clubs. Clubs on the fringe would be perennial also-ran's and clubs like us, that will always be location-hindered business wise, would forever be making up the numbers and extinction fearing.

I just can't see why a level playing field sorting out who survives/belongs isn't the best way to run this game for everyone concerned..

on't expect the NRL to pick up any indiscretions. The last thing they want to hear is that this competition is uneven.

That's what pisses me off the most. It's just treated as a joke now. The commentators don't even try and hide it anymore.
They can't help but hear it and its interesting that commentators are starting to pick up and actually say on air what fans have known for years. Last night I happened to hear a bit of a radio program, not sure who but it may have been Scott Sattler and Belcher (?) and they mentioned the Chooks signing Morris and Hall and made no secret of their disgust at the ability of one club to buy so much talent.
(They also wondered what would happen to Tupou, good question as he is a good winger, pity we have no cap space!)

The argument for TPA's ... is that if wealthy individuals or corporations wish to invest/donate funds into the great pool called "Rugby League" and increase player earnings .... why the hell would you say no .... or limit them ....

Fair enough. ..

.. but the Monty Python rules the NRL has come up with to facilitate this would be funny ... if they weren't so tragic and ridiculous ..

... I don't have the answers .... but if each club had a fund capped to say $2mil .... that interested supporters could pay into .... and then that money was distributed by the club and as the club seems fit would be an improvement ....

With all of the conflicting and contradictory reports of T P A "s associated with certain high profile clubs in particular , it does seem that the lack of some sufficient transparency and clarity is a bit of an issue . Even though Saints are apparently receiving under 50 k in T P A"s and yet are front runners this season , is still hardly a reflection that a superior amount of T P A" s does not provide a definite advantage and on all indications , officially or unofficially ,some clubs do have a clear advantage . Another consideration is the indirect array of alternate benefits that can also be available for players that would most likely not presently represent or be classed as a T P A type direct payment . For the best interests of the game in the future and which seems to elude the current administration often , some restrictions and regulations really should be inevitable .

If Two Books Bellamy can keep the current roster as is surely we could do a swap deal of Joey Lussick and Matt Wright for Scam and StudsUp? Not that I'd want those turds at our beautiful club, maybe they could steer Btown around the park??

The main problem with not having a cap on TPA's is that some clubs, like the Brisbane and the Chooks, could almost (and realistically, probably do) operate with virtually double the salary cap compared to clubs like Manly.

Take a look at the who the Chooks already have signed to their 2019 squad. James Tedesco, Daniel Tupou, Ryan Hall, Brett Morris, Latrell Mitchell, Luke Keary, Cooper Cronk, Boyd Cordner, JWH, Jake Friend, Victor Radley and Angus Crichton. And there are constant rumours that they are also looking at players like Martin Taupau and Nathan Cleary.

Yet somehow are they are able to have all of them, plus the rest of their 30 player squad....under the $9.4M salary cap?

I wonder if I could sell the NRL the Harbor Bridge if I told them I had been authorised to sell it by the NSW State Government.....

Last edited:
The main problem with not having a cap on TPA's is that some clubs, like the Brisbane and the Chooks, could almost (and realistically, probably do) operate with virtually double the salary cap compared to clubs like Manly.

Take a look at the who the Chooks already have signed to their 2019 squad. James Tedesco, Daniel Tupou, Ryan Hall, Brett Morris, Latrell Mitchell, Luke Keary, Cooper Cronk, Boyd Cordner, JWH, Jake Friend, Victor Radley and Angus Crichton. And there are constant rumours that they are also looking at players like Martin Taupau and Nathan Cleary.

Yet somehow are they are able to have all of them, plus the rest of their 30 player squad....under the $9.4M salary cap?

I wonder if I could sell the NRL the Harbor Bridge if I told them I had been authorised to sell it by the NSW State Government.....

I wont reveal how I know for important reasons, however, a titanically southern QLD NRL club cold calls sponsors asking for cash payments.

$50K in one instance I know of.

Where do you reckon that money goes?

Last edited:
news.com.au

Link: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/m...s/news-story/9eb8643fedaa7e929e5196d16795fd4a

Melbourne Storm superstar Billy Slater is set to hang up the boots

MELBOURNE Storm have been left stunned by the decision from a superstar playmaker to walk away from the game at season’s end.

MELBOURNE Storm have been rocked by the early call from superstar fullback Billy Slater who has called time on his stellar NRL career.

While Slater will play out the remainder of the 2018 season, the 35-year-old decided to end the month’s of speculation surrounding his future.

An official announcement isn’t expected until next week, however the report of his retirement was confirmed by the Herald Sun.

They can't help but hear it and its interesting that commentators are starting to pick up and actually say on air what fans have known for years. Last night I happened to hear a bit of a radio program, not sure who but it may have been Scott Sattler and Belcher (?) and they mentioned the Chooks signing Morris and Hall and made no secret of their disgust at the ability of one club to buy so much talent.
(They also wondered what would happen to Tupou, good question as he is a good winger, pity we have no cap space!)

The funniest part is they will more than likely add Taupau and SBW to their side in 2019.

news.com.au

Link: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/m...s/news-story/9eb8643fedaa7e929e5196d16795fd4a

Melbourne Storm superstar Billy Slater is set to hang up the boots

MELBOURNE Storm have been left stunned by the decision from a superstar playmaker to walk away from the game at season’s end.

MELBOURNE Storm have been rocked by the early call from superstar fullback Billy Slater who has called time on his stellar NRL career.

While Slater will play out the remainder of the 2018 season, the 35-year-old decided to end the month’s of speculation surrounding his future.

An official announcement isn’t expected until next week, however the report of his retirement was confirmed by the Herald Sun.

The Hun didn’t really spell ‘months’ as ‘month’s’ did they?

Depressing.

Will always remember that horrible tackle on Stewart in the 2007 GF but have to say that he's been one of the best fullback of the modern era (second best to Snake IMO). Though I do feel that he's shown a touch of class this year by sticking with the QLD team the same year that sCam retired from Origin weeks before the first game and by sticking up for DCE in origin. The way he talked DCE up before and after the game earned him some respect from me.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8