Storm Game is the Most Important Game of the Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Next Saturday night's game takes on huge proportions. We will likely slip out of the 8 and with the bye heading our way need to win to keep in touch with the top sides.

Melbourne will lose a couple to Origin, we may only lose Beaver and Kite but King and Kennedy may well be out. A loss may see the wheels fall off and have us in danger of underachieving.

The Storm were awesome tonight, I thought they would struggle without Crocker (let alone Ox & Bell) but they keep finding players to fill the gaps caused by injury and suspension. Sadly at less than full strength (without BK) I dont give us much chance of beating them.

If you look at Melbournes games, I have been starting to think it's the players AROUND the 1/2 back that make them look so good. I personally think Orford played poorly for City, and he's playing poorly for us. Well, not $450k worth at any rate.

Orford was rubbish for city and rubbish tonight. But tonight our forwards were crap so that doesnt help.

Just hope he isnt picked in Origin as we need all players on deck next weekend.

You could be onto something there Ryan, They certainly don't seem to have missed him or Bell as much as everyone (all us armchair experts) thought they would. They must have a great scouting system to keep coming up with gun no names.

Orford was rubbish for city and rubbish tonight. But tonight our forwards were crap so that doesnt help.

Just hope he isnt picked in Origin as we need all players on deck next weekend.

It grates at me to be positive, but I actually thought Bryant stood out as our best prop. What's happenning with Kite though? Does he need BK as a shoulder to cry on on the field?

You could be onto something there Ryan, They certainly don't seem to have missed him or Bell as much as everyone (all us armchair experts) thought they would. They must have a great scouting system to keep coming up with gun no names.

Yeah - they get Nth Sydney PL players, as well as most of the QLD junior sides as well !!! I think Inglis came from Brisbane Norths Devils or something.

I've actually been thinking that we may have over assessed Orford quality mate. You watch how people are rating Cronk in 3-5 years !!! Bellamy is a great coach. It's no wonder Orford came along in leaps and bound at Melbourne. He just wasn't realising his potential at The Norther Eagles.

Kite was probably knackered from last night as he did play very well friday and seemed to do alot of work.

I honestly dont recall Bryant much after his 1st stint on the bench, I must have been too busy swearing!!!

Melbourne have a gun backline, they replaced Bell with Inglis. Nothing lost there, imo its a gain. Inglis is the best young player I can recall for many years.

What a headache to have when Slater comes back in a few weeks where to slot one of the best attacking players in the game alongside one of the best attacking players in the game

Kite was probably knackered from last night as he did play very well friday and seemed to do alot of work.

I honestly dont recall Bryant much after his 1st stint on the bench, I must have been too busy swearing!!!

Melbourne have a gun backline, they replaced Bell with Inglis. Nothing lost there, imo its a gain. Inglis is the best young player I can recall for many years.

True. He will be worth a MINT when he comes off contract. To Melbournes detrement of coarse !!! :D

They re-signed him this year for a massive contract, apparantly the highest for someone with so little first experience. Was reported around $300k I think!!! I think the contract starts next season though!!!

They re-signed him this year for a massive contract, apparantly the highest for someone with so little first experience. Was reported around $300k I think!!! I think the contract starts next season though!!!

I was actually thinking tonight that he was better than Minichello !!!

quick to jump on orford after his city game, playing with blokes he has never played with and was threown together over 3 days.

Then last night behind a pack that was completely outgunned with no BK/King(??!!) Kite playing 120 mins of footy in 2 days and so on.

no other halve shon in city country as it was played buy two teems chucked together in last minute. Orford simply wont get picked as no one stood up they will just go with players who have been there before, ie anaster and gower.

Pepsi - being able to play with little time with the players around you is what rep quality halfbacks have to be able to do.

We are paying for a rep quality halfback

I agree Fluffy. Andrew Johns would have looked as though that was his team he was playing in for years.

imo opinion every half looks ordinary compared to Johns, he is a once in a generation player. pretty harsh to compare as no one comes close to him.

imo opinion every half looks ordinary compared to Johns, he is a once in a generation player. pretty harsh to compare as no one comes close to him.
I have enjoyed watching some really great footballers that covers around 40 years and King Wally is definitely up there, but I would rate Johns as the best footballer I have seen and that is a very big statement. Enjoy his talents before he retires.

didnt know we are comparing Orford with Joey however,

Johns along with S K Warne are the two most dominent athletes ive seen in there respective sports in my lifetime, yes i agree Fluff, Joey would have still stood out.

But Gower/Finch/Anaster/Gidley etc didnt stand out either barring the odd flash of skill.

Look im sure Orford would be the first to say he was dissapointed with his rep form, but this is the same guy who has helped us get to near the top of the comp after 8 rounds of the premiership thus far.

Hes outplayed Anaster/Finch outplayed Tim Smith, he played well against saints in a gem we could have easily won and so on.

he has spent thgis whole season playing with guys he has not played with ever. So dont expect Joey as he is not Joey.

right now he is forming a great half/hooker combination with Monaghs which im quite excited about, if they had a great ball playing 5/8 next to them, who knows where we would be!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4