Storm beef-up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I ran into the only two Storm fans in Melbourne last night and took the opportunity to inform them that Manly will flog them in the GF. I think they were just happy to find someone else in that alien nation that could talk to them about a real sport!

Anyways, they informed me that Crocker will make his comeback this weekend. Not good news for us. They have a helluva lot of depth already before you add Croker back into the equation.

At least he's good for 3 dumb penalties a game I guess.

I'm tipping a crackdown on grapple and slow-down play as we head into the finals and that will not help the Storm. Crocker has actually impressed this year but he does lose it a lot of the time.

What has Crocker done to impress you? He's only played four games!

I heard he played his comeback the weekend just passed (unless that is what you meant Mata). Haven't heard how he went (injury and form wise), but he's the sort of player you would be happy to rush back into a side (injury permitting of course).

He still has a 100% winning record at the Storm - granted they've only lost 8 games in two years and he's spent a fair bit of time injured....but still, interesting stat! Incidentally the only undefeated player in the Manly squad this year is Steve Matai. Every other player has tasted defeat at least once this year. Matai on the other hand has won all seven games he's played for Manly, as well as a court case on the side!

The Bronco's showed everyone how to beat Melb, get in their faces and do aggressive tackling. Bronco's were great in the second half and the melb players sh#t themselves.

And I say this dispising the crap from north of the boarder!

I watched crocker play against the mighty Easts Tigers- who lost :( - and he did nothing, looked understandably underdone. I reckon he might struggle to get a NRL bench spot b4 the finals.

He's come back from pretty serious knee surgery hasn't he? Or was it shoulder? I forget. And I actually thought they'd ruled him out for the year. So I'd be surprised if his knee was 100% just yet. A week or two of match fitness and he'll be sweet.

He's a certainty for a bench spot (ahead of any number of players...Smith, Lima, Crossman etc).

He's a certainty for a bench spot (ahead of any number of players...Smith, Lima, Crossman etc).

Not from what i saw, he hurt his shoulder again early in the match from a mistimed tackle attempt.

Maybe during finals campaign, but brisbane norths season is over next week so the only chance of match fitness is the NRL which he didn't look ready for

Imagine they still had Donnelly, Kafusi & Crocker was available, and Newton was still around.

Players like Quinn, and backrowers like Newton and co. would be playing in the QLD Cup !!!

Yeah, Manly has her Wells / Halden's / Ballin and co. in Premier League, but there could dead set be a Melbourne A side, and a Melbourne B side.

Honestly - they have to play Falou on the bench, just to make room !!!

Why? I mentioned imagine if:-

Donnelly (who has now gone to the GC);
Kafusi (who had a season ending injury in SOO);
Crocker (who is out injured and due for return);
Newton (who has just become a Storm player);

were all around together.

IF they were ALL fit to play, players like Quinn, and Newton would be playing in The Qld Cup. i.e.

01. Slater
02. Geyer
03. King
04. Falou
05. Turner
06. Inglis
07. Cronk

then add the injured stars on their bench.

I then said Manly has its Wells (played one game), Halden's (played maybe 5 games?) and Ballin's (who admittedly has been playing SOME 1st's)...

I then said Falou has recently been coming off the bench, so they can fit Quinn in the team. That also implied that if Crocker / Kafusi & Cross were all available, their players that are playing QLD Cup would be in everyones 1st grade starting 17.

Therefore, I said they could have a Melbourne A side, and a Melbourne B side.

So yeah - I've been watching footy lately. You?

Imagine they still had Donnelly, Kafusi & Crocker was available, and Newton was still around.

Players like Quinn, and backrowers like Newton and co. would be playing in the QLD Cup !!!

Yeah, Manly has her Wells / Halden's / Ballin and co. in Premier League, but there could dead set be a Melbourne A side, and a Melbourne B side.

Honestly - they have to play Falou on the bench, just to make room !!!
Donnelly is crap - mistakes and very low workrate. Newton is actually still around playing first grade.

Quinn is a back so I am not sure how he and Falou might be on the bench or in QLD cup. Falou did play off the bench early in the season but not for ions.

Not sure how there would be an A and B side for Melbourne on what you say? They do have some depth but I struggled to make sense of your post. :~?

Melbourne could slap a B side together. Mind you not very good... yet.

FOX were saying some time back that Melbourne have 9 of the current junior kangaroos on their books.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4