Still waiting for an answer.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Your stupid bones. Those posters with the anti toovey agendas will not let the facts get in the way of a good toovey bashing.

Hasler was a great coach who left. Toovey has done an amazing job ensuring we haven't dropped down the ladder like st merge did when Bennett left.

bones said:
Moops said:
As if Hasler would really give a rats about 09/10 after premierships in 08/11. I wouldn't...2-0

And it is very hard to get players up for a back to back tilt. Not even the Storm have managed it...

You're missing the point again. Toovey's first year was an attempt at taking a team to back to back as well. That's why we are saying give him a chance and to give the Toovey bashing a rest.

I have a solution for the people that think Tooves is not up to it. Go and support another side.

Tooves is doing a great job in my opinion. He understands the game, has good staff around him and, most importantly, LOVES this club.

I don't understand who you would want to replace him.

I know there is plenty of Hasler bashing on here but it's nothing to do with his record and rightly so. His record is impeccable. It's because of the way he left.
Toovey's record to date does not deserve some of the utter crap that is being written. He hasn't been in the job nearly long enough to start comparing.

So our options as fans if we don't win the big one are: blame the refs,
blame the coach, bag specific players.
My favourite option and only one I've ever used is blame the refs.
4th in a fierce competition is pretty good. The battle against the Roosters on Saturday was epic.
I think the players and coach are having a good crack at the title. There's some big contenders out there. We're one of them. I'd love us to win but I wont be blaming inwards if we don't take the title.
Go Tooves. Go Manly.

LEAVE TOOVEY ALONE
attachment.php

Hasler won the comp in 2008 so at least he had the runs on the board to forgive a bad 2009 and 2010. He then won again in 2011.

If we don't win this year then we must be certainties next year.

That reminds me kingyfan, we've gone the whole year without our co-captain and forward leader.

niccipops said:
So our options as fans if we don't win the big one are: blame the refs,
blame the coach, bag specific players.
My favourite option and only one I've ever used is blame the refs.
Get with the program nicci - blame Greenberg :D

I'm definitely in Tooves corner. The criticism is bewildering, stating losses without acknowledging the circumstances totally smacks or justifying your argument to suit your agenda instead of on the facts at hand. Similar to the criticism of Choc IMO. Going on about a few errors but totally dismissing the huge amount of work he did shows a lack of understanding of the game IMO.

Not defending Hasler but he did not have snake for all of 2010. But given the roster we had he should of done better than 8th (9th really). In saying that, Tooves has done a wonderful job the last 2 years. Getting the best out of unwanted players like Horo and Lawrence.

Bones, do you think fans were happy when we went bad in those seasons you quoted? I don't remember yelling about him to be sacked (same as Tooves) We have to stick with Tooves. We are up there but can't seem to beat only 2 teams.

kingyfan said:
Hasler won the comp in 2008 so at least he had the runs on the board to forgive a bad 2009 and 2010. He then won again in 2011.

If we don't win this year then we must be certainties next year.

And it took him 5 years to win it. Toovey hasn't been afforded that luxury. His 2nd season isn't even overt and people are doubting him. Embarrassing.

bones said:
The question has been asked many times, but still no reply from the Toovey bashers.

What are the excuses for Hasler failing in 2009 and 2010 with the strongest roster in the NRL?
Knocked out in week one of the finals both years. Failing to score a point in the 2010 match. Only madevthe finals because storm werevstripped of points.

I'm keen to hear the reasons as Tooveys record in 2012 and 2013 beats those two years by quite a margin.

It's funny how people around here jump to conclusions. I am one who has expressed concern about the big games record, but at no stage will you find me having suggested he be sacked. Can't we have a debate without it degenerating and people jumping to conclusions.

To answer your question Bones.

In 2009 we had the Brett Stewart season launch debacle. It badly affected the whole playing group, but particularly Gifty. We finished 5th and then embarrassed ourselves in Melbourne in week one of the finals (I was there & copped plenty from the scum fans). The main cause for that loss was the impact on the playing group of Glen Hall's wife losing their baby the day before the game. We would have had a 2nd bite except for the ability of St George to choke that year. We did remarkably well considering the events of 2009.

In 2010 we were ravaged by injuries and suspensions and the team we fielded against St George in week one of the finals was little more than a reserve grade team.

Now back to the discussion point. Why can't we seem to win big games at the moment? I see this weekend as a "no excuses" game with us likely to be near full strength and they will be down Carney or he will be at least hobbled.

This week will be a major test for Toovey. To get the players 'up' and focussed in all the circumstances will be a significant coaching achievement. I'm confident...

My big concern for this game is that Cronulla are always extremely motivated against us after 1973 & 1978. In fact Cronulla fans I know are usually happy to miss the finals eaxh year as long as they beat us in the regular season. This game will be no pushover.

Ralphie said:
bones said:
The question has been asked many times, but still no reply from the Toovey bashers.

What are the excuses for Hasler failing in 2009 and 2010 with the strongest roster in the NRL?
Knocked out in week one of the finals both years. Failing to score a point in the 2010 match. Only madevthe finals because storm werevstripped of points.

I'm keen to hear the reasons as Tooveys record in 2012 and 2013 beats those two years by quite a margin.

It's funny how people around here jump to conclusions. I am one who has expressed concern about the big games record, but at no stage will you find me having suggested he be sacked. Can't we have a debate without it degenerating and people jumping to conclusions.

To answer your question Bones.

In 2009 we had the Brett Stewart season launch debacle. It badly affected the whole playing group, but particularly Gifty. We finished 5th and then embarrassed ourselves in Melbourne in week one of the finals (I was there & copped plenty from the scum fans). The main cause for that loss was the impact on the playing group of Glen Hall's wife losing their baby the day before the game. We would have had a 2nd bite except for the ability of St George to choke that year. We did remarkably well considering the events of 2009.

In 2010 we were ravaged by injuries and suspensions and the team we fielded against St George in week one of the finals was little more than a reserve grade team.

Now back to the discussion point. Why can't we seem to win big games at the moment? I see this weekend as a "no excuses" game with us likely to be near full strength and they will be down Carney or he will be at least hobbled.

That's funny , I can't see anywhere in my post where I suggested you wanted Toovey sacked. Also, how exactly has it degenerated? I simply asked a question and you have finally answered.
I take your points and actually agree with some of them. Which leads me to ask - If those are legitimate excuses for Hasler having poor years... then when asking about our record against the top sides this year, why isnt the same luxury afforded to tooves when you consider the fact that we are yet to play the roosters this year with both Kieran Foran and Brett Stewart in the team? Two of our most important attacking weapons. None of the three games were floggings. Why can't the wrongly disallowed Matai try against Souths be taken into account in one of the games against Souths this year? It's also worth noting that Dessie had Glenn, choc, Lyon, Kite and king all when they were all atctheir peak in their late 20s. Tooves has them when they're all in their 30s. My point is there are always reasons and it doesn't always mean the coach is not up to it. Why do you never mention that we are one of only two teams the storm have failed to beat this year (The other being Penrith who only played them once). The only team in the top 8 the reigning premiers have not beaten. the only team in the nrl to have not lost a game 13+ all year. There are just as many statistics suggesting Tooves is going great as a coach as you think there are to suggest he is failing, but they are the stats you overlook because it doesn't suit your argument.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6