Sticky sticking up for the game.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cliffy4PM

Reserve Grader
Ricky Stuart has stuck it to the inept and unjust referees in his press conference. Mind you I have seen a lot worse from the whistle blowers, than there performance tonight.

What steps can be taken to make the game safe from corruption and inept performances by referees?

Didn't see the game, only the shot on Slater which was a disgrace on behalf of the refs. Blatent send off, I think you'd have to stab someone to get your marching orders these days.

That vunavalu try when it should have been a penalty against the scum for not clearing the ruck was a disgraceful decision. Ricky had every right to complain about that
It wasn't a try. They sent it upstairs and it was ruled no try.

Sticky whinges every time he loses. He's always trying his best, his players are always busting their guts, but everyone is against him. The refs didn't cost the Raiders tonight, in fact they probably could have sent off Soliola, but didn't.....but Ricky always needs to blame someone for his shortcomings. It's as certain as the sun rising in the morning.

Good on Ricky. At least he's got the gutz to not only back his players and fans, but also call for accountability from the refs and Archer. I agree with him. Bring the refs in to the post match conference, show some accountability for your piiss-poor decisions.

I will preface my comment with the referees were not the reason Canberra did not win tonight. All season they have had the worst ball control and errors with the ball cost them big time tonight.

However I can totally understand the frustration that Ricky Stuart feels tonight. We see every week now refereeing that is influencing games. Mistakes are made and there is no accountability. Two weeks ago we saw Perenarra do everything he could to make it as hard as possible for us to win. I saw Checcin giving the drizzle a leg up all night on the tight calls. There needs to be accountability for bad calls, the referees today have had their powers so diluted by the plethora of extra officials now used that the big decisions are outsourced and they are not backing their instincts when they make their calls.

I can't remember a player who makes so many dumb f@ck ups as BJ Leilua...there not even sly or hidden....geez im glad we haven't got anyone like that.

Some one has to say it. The nrl will be fining him for sure but he's right some of the calls are just beyond a joke.
that wasn't a send off he fell and soliola closed his eyes before the hit. last thing he saw was the shoulder Billy slipped at the same time it's unlucky but he wasn't going for his head

That vunavalu try when it should have been a penalty against the scum for not clearing the ruck was a disgraceful decision. Ricky had every right to complain about that
Am I missing something here , the try wasn't given and a penalty to the Raiders.
Although initially the referee did signal a try before sending it to the bunker

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8