Sticky sticking up for the game.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I honestly think it's ridiculous that a coach can't say whatever he bloody well wants in a press conference. Everyone already thinks Sticky is a whinger. And in other cases, everyone knows when the refs did a rubbish job.
What is this? The toughest game of all or kindergarten?
The NRL are actually killing the game.

Some one has to say it. The nrl will be fining him for sure but he's right some of the calls are just beyond a joke.
that wasn't a send off he fell and soliola closed his eyes before the hit. last thing he saw was the shoulder Billy slipped at the same time it's unlucky but he wasn't going for his head
In any case, hopefully it causes the refereeing to take on a more neutral standpoint for us tomorrow.

Last edited:
Some one has to say it. The nrl will be fining him for sure but he's right some of the calls are just beyond a joke.
that wasn't a send off he fell and soliola closed his eyes before the hit. last thing he saw was the shoulder Billy slipped at the same time it's unlucky but he wasn't going for his head

Have to disagree mate. That was late in the extreme, and a big swinging arm. If that ain't a straight send off (and I'm old school), then it's open slather head hunter season.

You can't beat the referees or Archer. He normally waits a couple of days before giving his view on referees, and 99% of the time he backs them. However after Ricky's blow up he has come out 2 hours after the game and said that there was an error...Soliola should have been sent off.

I honestly think it's ridiculous that a coach can't say whatever he bloody well wants in a press conference. Everyone already thinks Sticky is a whinger. And in other cases, everyone knows when the refs did a rubbish job.
And that Archer or the refs don't cop the same press conference grilling as everyone else.
They cop a big earn, are show ponies that love the spotlight, man up and deal with the questions like everyone else.

Arguing with a ref is like arguing with a wife
Why fcken bother ????
1.jpg

The games governing body did bring that rule in as every weekend (or whenever) all the journos were reporting on was the refs. The coaches would always say they were terrible and the league HQ wanted a report on the games and not the refs. (I'm just being the messenger on that point.)

I watched the presser and hoped Ricky would get more and more steamed - the nrl site doesn't show the whole interview (that site has propaganda levels that would make any dictatorship proud.)

A problem I think ricky has is he feels his team 'deserve' some wins. Ok, fair enough...but I think that instills a dangerous feel about the playing group. When you know you have to earn every metre....you have a different mindset than if you think you deserve something.

I would have liked to be a Journo in that presser. Ricky started off being gentle and stating he can't say anything, throwing it back on the journo....but it would have been awesome to egg him on and get a full meltdown out of him.

That said...ref's suck, archer is only good for backing his refs, nothing changes.

Why can't an independent body scrutinise every 50/50 call in a game? They wouldn't have to do every game but pick one or two games a week they are most concerned about.
It's finding people in RL who are independent in thought and deed. It seems everyone has a favourite team or conversely a team they hate.

Hard to believe those very human traits don't come into play at times.

And that Archer or the refs don't cop the same press conference grilling as everyone else.
They cop a big earn, are show ponies that love the spotlight, man up and deal with the questions like everyone else.
and who is going to grill them, representatives of the 'owners' of the game?
It's exactly why this won't happen, the lame questioning would expose the farce for what it is...

Why has nobody really questioned the level of performance of Perenara 2 weeks ago. Why has nobody questioned how the bookies made the Panfers such short odds to win that game considering the form and ladder positions.

Paul Kent on MMM talking about refs being influenced by who should win the game.
Penalties to the favourite teams etc.
Finally someone in the media saying it.

For me the big issue is the "tip" sheets or similar which create an inherit level of bias. I do not think there is cheating rather it is a symptom of the game becoming over complicated and incompetence of the refs

For me the big issue is the "tip" sheets or similar which create an inherit level of bias. I do not think there is cheating rather it is a symptom of the game becoming over complicated and incompetence of the refs

Agreed.
Impartial judges should not go into the game with pre-concieved ideas on individual players or teams.

And each and every decision should be based on merit alone, not influenced by individual players, scoreboard pressure, penalty count pressure, etc.

It's funny how Manly only won one penalty count all year up to the Penrith game (where we were ravaged with a biased 14-4 penalty count which was highlighted in the media) and low and behold we win the following weeks penalty count.

The one thing i knew for certain against the Tigers was that we WOULD win the penalty count. That just goes to show how much the referees are being manipulated. Scream enough and we'll throw you a bone.

I'd say it'll go back to the norm this week and Saints will get the penalties.

Anyone saying the refs and the NRL don't manipulate some games is dreaming.

Mind you, i think Ricky is just blowing up to take the heat off Soliola. It's the Wayne Bennett ploy. Try to distract everyone off the main issue.

Seems like nothing happened after Ricky's spray. Big surprise after some of the things he said. The NRL are too weak to act and do anything.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10