[sticky] New site bugs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah I programmed it so you specifically get logged out :D

Do you select "remember me"

are you logged in on multiple computers?

No

and possibly. Used the in laws on Saturday for a quick look - Can't remember whether I logged out or not.

make sure you tick

"remember me" or it wont remember you :D

What's with the times of posts on this site? I checked the settings and it says Sydney time but I made a post at about midnight and it shows as being posted 6 hours earlier.

they should be about right now.

They are base dont eh server time which is in California so the times get a bit skewed.

Not having a shot at you Daniel as I think you have done a great job with the site, but:

The 'blue on maroon' on the Main Menu is very hard to read.
The image next to 'Contact Us' seems to be missing.

yup.

I ran a site wide upgrade last night and forgot to save the modifications I had to make to the menu.

I have fixed them all now

Daniel,

I have a problem with this site. When a page opens, it starts loading everything and everything works fine until the last item is loading and then it just locks up for about a minute (no scrolling of page, Mouse still moves about the page but unable to do anything until that last item has loaded). This happens every time I click on anything i.e. Previous thread, Next thread, next page, responding to topic etc. It only happens on this website (AE & Silvertails). It makes it very hard to contribute when it takes ages just to get around. This is the reason that I have not been around here for quite some time. I sent you an e-mail a couple of months back using the "Contact Us" button about the problem that I am having with this site but obviously you never received it as I never received a reply. Help !!! Do I have incorrect settings on my computer or something? I am currently using Avant Browser but have the same problem if I use IE. 8| :roll:

Hmm This had been fixed but is rearing its head again.

I am honestly not sure of the cause of this at the moment. And cant get the same thing to happen on my computers.

One suggestion would be to switch to firefox, you wont have any of the problems and it s amuch better browser anyway. I think it has something to do with the way IE renders CSS

Dan,

recently when i post about 50% of the time it will take me to the edit post screen (i think) when i click submit, if i submit again it will take me to the duplicate post screen.

The post does get recorded, so i need to click from the top menu back to the forum.

I lose part of the post on the right hand side. Its as if I need to scroll across but I dont have that option.
Anyone else experiencing this??
Could be just my **** house computer. ???

Now I have had a closer look it seems to only be on certain threads, not all of them.
Anyway , have a nice day. ;D

what is your screen res?

I am going to be removing the right hand side in a few weeks from the forums

if you have a plasma or LCD screen your screen res should be 1600 anyways but looks like an issue with that, it will be fixed when we switch over to phpBB in the next few weeks.

Fluffy - are you sure the screen isn't saying someone else has posted whilst you were posting? there is a warning screen for that.

Nutz, not sure mine stays logged in constantly.

Phpbb3 will be our target in the next few weeks so try to hang in there until then I just have a few other tasks to fix before then and need to write a password conversion script too,

Dan

earl link said:
I lose part of the post on the right hand side. Its as if I need to scroll across but I dont have that option.
Anyone else experiencing this??
Could be just my S**t house computer. ???

This also happens with me on certain threads but only when I am not logged in.  When I log on the screen is fine.

Bingo Tookey.
Thats it. When im not logged in i get the problem , when I do log in all is good.
Cheers.

This is because of the screen resolution. It is a bug. I will be removing the right hand side soon, so bare with me for a while guys

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6