StG Illawarra Vs MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyBacker link said:
Holy odds Betman! The NSWTAB has us on a thrashing.

St George Ill by 19+  $4.00
St George Ill by 13-18  $5.50
St George Ill by 7-12  $5.50
St George Ill by 1-6  $6.00
Draw  $26.00
Manly by 1-6  $7.00
Manly by 7-12  $8.50
Manly by 13-18  $11.00
Manly by 19+  $13.00

St George Ill  $1.45   
Manly  $2.65

$1.90 +6.5/-6.5

I might just put a few buck on us 7 - 12

**** I hope we win this one. I'll be watching it with my old man and he rates the Dragons. Thankfully he's going a bit senile so if we win I'll be able to rub it in ten times!
We're a fair chance though, Orford has been in form and we should be able to produce a try or two. I'm worried about Cuthbos pointless offloads and JWHs dropped balls. Were a better chance than Cnaberra tonight, and I was sure they'd win that!

Dragons won't be fooled by Sea Eagles

Greg Prichard | July 11, 2009

St George Illawarra v Manly
WIN Stadium, 3pm

What the Dragons say

They're looking at Manly as the premiers and a team that has won six of its past seven games, not a team that will be missing a lot of star players for this encounter. Second-rower Jarrod Saffy reckoned the Sea Eagles were still the competition benchmark. "Certainly, when they're back to playing the football they did [against the Bulldogs on Monday night]," Saffy said. "They've shown glimpses of the form they were in last year, and they've shown they're contenders."

What the Sea Eagles say

Coach Des Hasler says player unavailability due to State of Origin doesn't mean his team will lose momentum. "No, we'll go down to Wollongong and give it everything we've got," he said. "It'll be a stiff challenge, but they've got some players out, too."

What Prichard says

There are, unfortunately, a lot of key players out of both sides because of State of Origin commitments and injuries, but that doesn't change the fact there are two vital competition points up for grabs. The Dragons are chasing the minor premiership, and the Sea Eagles are trying to consolidate a position in the top eight. It probably would have been a bit of an arm wrestle anyway, with so much at stake, but the Sea Eagles are likely to try to make it even more dour now that they are the team worst hit when it comes to missing good attacking players. Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart, David Williams, Jamie Lyon and, of course, Brett Stewart, can all do something special with the ball in their hands, but none of them will be there. The Sea Eagles are going to have to do a tremendous job in the forwards to get the win because the Dragons have the better back line on this occasion and might need only to break square up front to emerge victorious.

For the Dragons to win

No need to stray from the controlled style of play that has been very effective for them. They won't take too many chances early, and will instead concentrate on getting to the end of their sets and trying to establish a pattern of forcing the Sea Eagles to play off their own line. The Dragons are experts at taking advantage of mistakes, and will seek to put the opposition under the sort of growing pressure that tempts risk-taking.

For the Sea Eagles to win

The Dragons have the best defence in the competition, and the Sea Eagles don't look to have a lot of points in them anyway, given the players they have out. So the Sea Eagles are going to have to be at their most patient and not make it even more difficult for themselves by making mistakes that gift the Dragons valuable field position. Manly need to pick the right times to push the envelope, hopefully come up with two or three tries while defending their backsides off.

The X factor

Tony Williams. If the Sea Eagles are going to win, they are probably going to require something very special from two or three players during the course of the match. Williams is a massive unit. If he could come up with a try through sheer brute strength, it might ease the pressure on the rest of the team.

What the bookies say

They reckon the Dragons have the edge at home. TAB Sportsbet has them as $1.45 favourites, with the Sea Eagles at $2.65. The points start is 6½, at $1.90 either way.

Late mail:

Both teams are unchanged, from one to 17.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/dragons-wont-be-fooled-by-sea-eagles/2009/07/10/1246732472218.html

Nice to see Brent Kites form hasn't changed this year

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

10 nil st george kick to come

where going to get done by 40 if this keeps going the way it is

G rose in 14 -6

We appear to be our own worst enemy by the sounds of the 2GB radio commentary.

Vic Mauro scores for Manly next to the posts

Wendell scores for the Dragons

24 - 12 WKTC

Half time.

Need to hold onto the ball - JWH needs to pay back the clubs investment in him and smash Soward Watmough style.

Matai on report for Knee'ing, Kite's reputation from last year is officially now a Myth - in fact Kite's new nickname should be Myth or Pillow.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

28  -12 - Neumann lets them in

Manly in 30 - 18

Dragons In again 36 - 18

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12