• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
He had a quieter game last week when the Warriors read the plays better and stuck to an umbrella defense. Tonight I cannot get over how much work he put in. He's not huge but went up the middle so many times and got creamed and was still running like the first 10 minutes with the game almost over. Just how fit must he be? Fantastic turn-around for him as well. What ever plant extract they are using on the players this year - I want it home delivered! :drunk:

Like i said in a different thread.. I would like to see over his stats.. he was an absolute machine... He got through so much work.

Good on him too.

One day I will go back into the archives and retrieve the thread I started when i first became a member here saying how I thought Glenn Stewart was a player of the future and not many agreed with me ;)

:lol: Nah, no smart arse stuff... It's all about our eagles and the guts and determination they are playing with.

G Stewart
28 tackles
2 missed
12 hitups
1 offload
119 metres gained

BTW King 130m...5 weeks in a row over the ton now!!

Kite 167m...I hope they are measuring him up for the green and gold...

Hmmm, maybe not as devastating as i would have thought... all i know is watching the game he tended to be everywhere.

Kite is becoming one of the games premier props.. he is outstanding.

If the selectors are fair dinkum the starting props will be Civoniceva and Kite with Bailey on the bench.

King, seems to have pulled his finger out and good to see the big man telling us all to whop it up our arse's.. Good Stuff JK

tonight was his best. never cosidered him a first grader but he hs made me rethink that position. Spilled a couple but was a constant threat down the right hand side. The bloke i feel happy the most for is brett> he no longer has to feel sheepish at family functions. they can both walk into any room on the peninsular and people will say " the stewart boys are here" not "here comes bret and his brother".

He's playing well enough kaza but the question in the minds of selectors would be 'has he played good enough for long enough'. The answer is no unfortunately.

hehe yeah i know i dont think he deserves it either.. hes been really good though.. he needs to play more than 5 great games in a row.. look how long and hard Kite has been good for to get to rep honours.

I know Kingy can do it though.. keep it up son.

He has been a revelation. The bit of extra bulk he has put on over the off season has served him well, he doesn't get pushed back anywhere as near as much as he did last season. I didn't rate him much last year, too small and whilst he had some ball skills I didn't think he'd make it. He has come along in leaps and bounds and on current form should keep his spot when Menzies returns, in lieu of Willo.

Of all the forwards he looks like he was the one that learnt something from BK, he has got that determination to get through the advantage line. He gets a good leg drive going and busts his gut, even if it is just to stick his head through the line. Add to this his offloading potential and I think we are on a winner (fingers crossed). I'll go out on a limb here and say that he should keep the beard, even after the bet with Hicksy is finished, he is reminding me of the Crusher more and more each week.

100+ metres against a ogs pack is a good effort.
I olved the big shoulder charge from Shrek on King. He just bounced off and made another 5 metres.
Kite was awesome again as was all the players. Good to see B.Stewy have a quiet game but we still one. Take some pressure off him.

Glenn Stewart went forward better against the Warriors. On Saturday too much lateral stuff which makes the dropped ball easier to do (while getting creamed). However his defensive efforts along with Willo will keep him up there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6