Stewie out for up to 3 months

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mikem

Reserve Grader
Just heard that Brett Stewart will undergo knee surgery thus Friday and will be out for 2 - 3 months

there goes the season. 5th is a distant dream and we will likely end up finishing outside the 8.

Time to start blooding some youngsters in the halves IMO and perhaps start looking for a proper replacement in the fullback position. Robbo is not going to be a good option back there

F*******************************************CK

Stewart out for three months

April 21, 2009 Manly fullback Brett Stewart will undergo knee procedure on Friday and will be out of action for eight to 12 weeks.

Stewart injured his knee in the second half of last Saturday's NRL match against South Sydney at ANZ Stadium - his second game in the premiership this season.

Time to start planning for 2010 - forget this year it is as good as gone.

If we make the Top 8 consider it a good season.

The Wheel link said:
Time to start planning for 2010 - forget this year it is as good as gone.

If we make the Top 8 consider it a good season.

welcome aboard. I said this the other day.

In my view if Wolfman is back then the least disruption to the backline would have Bani in fullback and Robbo and wolfman on the wings.

Whilst we can we should start blooding players in the halves and forwards

Bring Hargraves and Foran or Hodgkinson, give all 3 of the halves a run over the next 8 weeks

I still wouldn't blood in the halves until we lose the next 3 straight. Then go ahead. Blood away.

why was he still playing when the game was over. I was screaming at the tv.. take him off! For precaution.

Doubt it would still make much difference.. but by playing on it.. couldnt of made it better. Argh. So frustrating.

DVS Matt link said:
[quote author=nita link=topic=180181.msg219988#msg219988 date=1240278531]
i'm heartbroken. i don't know what to say.

i can't think of any positives

We'll get to see Neumann again ;)
[/quote]

I think i just had a small tear..

I'd like to see Suniula (spelling?) back, he was going alright until his hand got injured.  Robbo looks to be the only choice at fullback really, i don't think Williams or Bani can read the game as well as Robbo (experience counts here).

Man... no doubt we'll be firming up for the Spoon in the markets.  Our record is 0-4 without Stewart.  I know we've won without him before AND we're going better with injuries now but with 8-12 games without him...

Anyone think this could be smoke and mirrors?  I know guys had reports like this (long absence) but then only spent just over a month out??  Current random prediction: 12th

Des hasn't taken a risk with young players in 5 seasons, cant see him starting now

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6