Stewart or Hiku?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
While Hiku done an admirable job Stewart is a must if fit.
Though the most important part of the Manly team & 1 of may all time favourite players, Snake is sadly not far from hanging up the boots.

Hiku would be a great centre or wing. He doesnt run enough holes for a fullback but defends well there. Our attack is structured around sweeping plays and pace at holes. Hiku tries to stand them up one on one like lyon.

Considering that 17th man spot in the rotation gets about 10 odd minutes or so of game time then I don't think it would be waste getting him. However, another factor might be Richie's fitness. He did get knocked out cold last week and he SHOULD be in some doubt still. If he doesn't come up, then the make up of the bench even more important because we don't have anyone else who can provide that sort of impact, so do we need more forwards on the bench to cover, or we just pick our next best player which would be Hiku?

Hiku went well last Saturday night, although I didn't think he was our best, unlike others. If Brett's not out there then obviously Hiku needs to be. I'd pick four forwards on the bench this Friday as I think the forward battle will be torrid. I'd like to think the rotation would be handled a little better. Symonds needs more time on the field, as does Lawrence.

Snake must and will play. This is MIGOTY and don't think for 1 minute that the Sharks are going to be anything other than tough, hard and relentless. This is going to be another brutal battle if we are going to win we need all troops on the park or it's mad monday time.

We beat the roosters last week if Stewart plays. He is the lubricant in our attack. Hiku slowed down a lot of those attacking plays - not cause he is a dud but just because he is not the snake. The speed with which Stewart links and passes or goes through the hole is so fast you don't see it until someone else tries the same play.

Hiku looks the goods though and was outstanding in defense and bringing the ball back for us last weekend.

Top End Eagle said:
. . . if Stewart plays. He is the lubricant in our attack.The speed with which Snake links and passes or goes through the hole
? is so fast you don't see it until someone else tries the same play. :D
Cover Snake in KY jelly (is that outside the rules?), and see if he can slither thru the D cracks any better ?:)

Dan said:
Hiku would be a great centre or wing. He doesnt run enough holes for a fullback but defends well there. Our attack is structured around sweeping plays and pace at holes. Hiku tries to stand them up one on one like lyon.

I really think Hiku's best position would be centre. I remember he played there for Matai once and he just looked at home..dangerous the whole night. He does not have the speed for FB IMO but has amazing footwork that keeps the defense guessing.

Hiku is a courageous and fine player . The Snake is the X Factor and brings our game to another level . The Snake is one of the games greatest fullbacks of all time .

caspersparks said:
Dan said:

I really think Hiku's best position would be centre. I remember he played there for Matai once and he just looked at home..dangerous the whole night. He does not have the speed for FB IMO but has amazing footwork that keeps the defense guessing.

He is a winger/centre that is just filling in at fullback (and doing a good job too). He also played some junior footy at 5/8. Pretty sure he prefers wing, but is a great backline utility.

mozgrame said:
caspersparks said:
Dan said:

He is a winger/centre that is just filling in at fullback (and doing a good job too). He also played some junior footy at 5/8. Pretty sure he prefers wing, but is a great backline utility.

Fullback is definitely his preferred position, was a good interview with him the other night on TV here

Either way we need hiku and snake in the side at the same time. Don't care who is benched. Just make sure they are both in the final line up tooves.

Hiku is a great utility.

Can play Fullback, Wing, Centre, Five/Eight, Lock, the guy is the best keeper I have seen in years.

Further more, he is a Kiwi, so no State of Origin, and he can carry the chillibin!

Absolute bonus this type of player, a must have for any team.

The only real complaint I have with Peta Hiku is that he can't kick goals like another Kiwi fullback we had a couple of decades ago. Damn, was it that long ago Ridge played for us? I miss the days when it was almost a given that a try would be converted or a penalty kicked. We haven't had that level of kicker since (unless you count Ben Walker while playing for the Northern Eagles).

Apparently Hiku now holds the record for the most metres gained by a Sea Eagles player in any single match in their history. Nice work by the kid.

In saying that, if he's fit then Snake should and will play on Friday night. In a sudden-death game Tooves would be silly not to play him if he's available.

Snake is a bigger gamble than most seem to think. Its a hard decision to make and Im glad it is in the hands of the coaches and not me!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8