Steve Georgallis in the frame for Manly Sea Eagles gig

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Perfect! If we start to get in trouble, he can bring on the call.

"Cattledog"

Keep the mongrel inya boys, good appointment!

Steve Georgallis appointed new assistant Sea Eagles coach
JON GEDDES MANLY DAILY NOVEMBER 14, 2013 4:59PM

STEVE Georgallis wasted no time getting down to business following his appointment as new Sea Eagles assistant coach today.

As soon as the deal was finalised he was straight out onto the field working with the club's new recruits and young players at their Narrabeen headquarters.

Georgallis has replaced Brad Arthur who has joined Parramatta and he arrives at Manly with an impressive reputation from his time at Penrith and most recently as assistant coach at Wests Tigers.

And significantly he already has a strong knowledge of his new club.

"I understand their strengths, and obviously being an opposition coach you understand their weaknesses as well," Georgallis said after his first session.

"They have a team that obviously plays for each other, they are a tough team and uncompromising.

"Every time I have coached against them you have to be on your game to be even competitive."

Georgallis sees his appointment to the Sea Eagles as a fantastic opportunity for a coach.

"There were a few things I had in the pipeline but when this came up I was really excited to come to a club that has great culture and a great team," he said.

"I think Geoff wants me to basically what Brad did last year with the forwards and take that to the next level.

"Without good forwards and without the forwards going forward you are obviously going to struggle as a team."

The former Roosters, Wests and Wests Tigers half-back believes the players can benefit from hearing a new voice.

"I have been coaching for ten years now under different coaches," he said

"The biggest thing is to bring a variety and a variation.

"It is another way to rejuvenate and motivate players who have been around for a while doing the same thing every day, every week."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/steve-georgallis-appointed-new-assistant-sea-eagles-coach/story-fngr8iii-1226759981319

----------------------------------------
Love his thinking and application by being on the field on day zero :angel:

Steve's objective assessment of the Manly weaknesses is exactly what is required. 2v is now seen as a Coach who is open to input and adaptable in his own delivery of a Team of 17 each week, to contest at the highest level.

The incumbents are not judged as harshly as the newbies, as their past performances are often used to excuse their bad games.
These new eyes will sharpen them up and we should have another exhilarating season on 2014 :)

Welcome on board....If Tooves thinks you are the right man for the job, that's good enough for me

manlyfan76 said:
It's a half back a thon.

It makes sense really. They tend to be the smartest of all League players, they have to make the plays, run the team around the park. The majority of club captains have been half or 5/8th.

Eaglette Fan said:
Here is a coincidence. Both Tooves and Georgallis were born on 17 June. Tooves one year younger than Steve.

so was my sister so it isn't such a good thing

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4