Stephenson and Matai re-signed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thats good news. Steppa has gone well on the wing.

I still have my doubts about Matai though.

More depth doesn't hurt - it might say that they are not confident of getting Jamie Lyon though

I can't see where:-

Bell
Hicks
Steppa
Matai
Alberts

squeeze into just 4 spots. Well, I guess that adds depth, something we are sorely missing.

Depth is good and I think steppa should be developed as a winger. In the few games he has played on the wing this year he has been our best winger I think

Though he cant change direction. When Canberra launched an attack down our wing, he had their winger covered perfectly until the attacking line reached our defensive line, Steppa couldnt turn quick enough to keep covering the winger and Stewie had to do a big try saving tackle (over the sideline).

However this is more of reason why he couldnt be a great centre, I still think he will make a good to v good winger.

This is good news. Steppa has been much improved on the wing and should get the walk up start for next year at this stage.

Mattai has potential but has a few defensive flaws that could do with some work. I like his attitude though, he has a bit of mongrel in him, just needs to temper it at time as he is prone to give away penalties.

Hicksa has been far from solid this year. He has in fact apart from 1 or 2 games been very very average to poor. On the same amount of games that steppa has played i thik he has played on par with Hicks on the wing if not very slightly better

I thought his form earlier in the season was average but he has stepped up significantly in the back part of the year.

Important to note that a winger is only as good as the ball he gets and our centres have been ordinary. Being a centre outside Andrew Walker is a big difference to having the draught-horses we have had giving you service.

but there was better ball geting to them at the start of the year.....always an excuse. i am just saying steppa has been equal to hicks since he has been playing on the wing

I have to agree with Daniel. Since Hicks shoulder injury, he has been very adverse to running at the hole, like he did when centre.

He seems almost intimidated.

But who can blame someone after an operation I guess.

Hicks has been far from his best. He is a lot better in terms of skill but steppa gets in and grabs 100m most games - even when on the wing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4