Stephenson: A Force

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One of the biggest problems that came from the game was Orford's dreadful goal kicking. Orford has never impressed me as a goal kicker, particulary when under pressure. When a 1st grade kicker misses a goal from near in front I get very concerned.

Willo missed some easy kicks last year although I believe his overall average was quite good, but like Orford I don't have a lot of confidence as he stands lining up the posts.

Hicks is again a steady kicker, but he too lacks consistency and is too slow to run back into position after kicking a goal (particulary from in front and with only 60 seconds left on the clock).

I guess that just leaves Witt who isn't up to 1st grade standard although I would have liked to have seen him play at least 40 minutes outside of Orford, just to put my mind to rest.

I hope we are not left lamenting any losses this year due to poor goalkicking.

What was your impression of Witt in PL Pete?

I thought he wasn't too bad but his kicking close to the line was poor.

What was your impression of Witt in PL Pete?

I thought he wasn't too bad but his kicking close to the line was poor.

I have only seen a total of about 40 minutes of the PL this year. Most reports are that he has not being playing well. For me if you are not a standout in PL it is unlikley you will make much of an impression in NRL.

On form it would be hard to put him in front of Monagan for the 6 jumper. Iam only concerned about our goalkicking and after last Saturday I feel even more concerned.

Witt is a class goalkicker & Jan thinks he is hot, so thats a couple of reasons for him to play NRL, sadly other aspects of his game are not up to NRL standard.

Whats with all this class goal kicker stuff - he has missed more than landed on the right hand side (bad side for a righty)

Guess what - Orford kicks 80% + on the left side as well

As one who played a lot of footy, the better the standard of players around me the better I played. Last year Watmough was very average in the PL trial against the Tigers and we know what happened to his form.

On one weekend long ago after my appendix was taken out I played all three grades. Best game was in first grade - worst game was third grade. I struggled to combine with the lesser pattern and players.

Witt played well for much of last season and he will have a real halfback with him if he gets the call this year. I wouldn't write him off yet. We looked good with JP Cherry last weekend.

Despite some bad weeks at kicking Witt is the number 1 kicker in the club and we need an 80% kicker!!

JP simply kept out of Orfords way. He offered very little. In fact it looked like Monas played as Hooker and 5/8 during the game. 8|

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6