Stephen Humphreys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

rj90

Yeah, Nah.
Tipping Member
Article about CEO’s plans for the future? Anyone got the full story By any chance?

New Sea Eagles CEO Stephen Humphreys has revealed the long-awaited undercover 3500 seat grandstand and state of the art Centre of Excellence at Lottoland are set to be completed towards the end of 2021.
He delivered the good news to fans in an extensive interview with the Manly Daily after one month in the job. .
“We have received some very generous funding from the State Government and Federal Government to build a new grandstand on the northern (scoreboard) end and will also house the club’s centre of excellence,” Humphreys said.

“I know that has been talked about for a long time but it is actually getting close to reality.
“We have got the funding, we have lodged the DA and we are working through that approval process for what we want to do.”

Humphreys was very hopeful of breaking the soil in the middle of next year and if that happens it would be a 12-18 month job.

“That is really exciting, that is a significant investment, it will improve the convenience and comfort for people coming to the ground and also reinforce our home- both our (NRL) team and our administrative team will be based there,” he said.
“All going well the vision is that at some point towards the end of 2021 we would be in that complex including the new stand.”
The club would still maintain a satellite operation in their current headquarters at the Sydney Academy of Sport.

No home games would be moved from Lottoland during the construction but there may be restricted access to that area and the scoreboard would be relocated.

The new grandstand is seen as the first stage in the long overdue transformation of the run down facility.

“Beyond that we do want to create a very modern first class facility at Lottoland and we are very buoyed by the comments from (ARL Commission Chairman) Peter V’landys at his first press conference when he talked about his belief in suburban venues and the need to upgrade those and make sure they become a permanent feature of rugby league at the highest level,” Humphreys said.
“And it was even better to hear that the No. 1 on his priority list was Lottoland.

“I have already a follow up conversation with Peter and he is very committed to that and is lending his support so I look forward to working with him and Todd (Greenberg, NRL CEO) on that possibility through the course of next year.’

I'm more worried about the first or second generation blow ins who live near the oval, they're the ones who will opposed construction.

I'm more worried about the first or second generation blow ins who live near the oval, they're the ones who will opposed construction.
That’s why the club was asking for submissions to support the DA - having said that in the community consultations conduct there did not appear to be any major local opposition

Is his predecessor Lyle still involved or has he shuffled off now that he is out of the spotlight ??

Former Sea Eagles CEO Lyall Gorman takes up new role with Evolve Housing
Ben James, Manly Daily
Subscriber only
|
May 22, 2019 5:47pm

Former Sea Eagles chief executive Lyall Gorman has taken up a new role as the head of a housing provider.

Mr Gorman came to Brookvale from the Cronulla Sharks in October 2017.

Earlier this month it was announced he was stepping down from the top job to take on a role overseeing the development of the club’s planned centre of excellence.

On Tuesday he was also announced as the new chief executive of not-for-profit housing provider Evolve Housing.

He started with the Paramatta-based company this week.

However, a Sea Eagles spokesman said he would also continue in his role overseeing the planned centre of excellence.

Meanwhile, the club has begun its search for a new chief executive.

“On behalf of myself, my fellow board members, our members and fans, I would like to thank Lyall for his contribution, guidance and leadership as CEO over the past 18 months,” Gary Wolman, who is standing in as interim chief executive, said.

“We look forward to this next exciting chapter as we continue on our journey to become a benchmark club across sport in Australia.”

Paul Howlett, chairman of Evolve Housing, said Mr Gorman was chosen following a “rigorous search process”.

“He is keenly aware of the legacy with which he is being entrusted and I have full confidence that he will ensure it is cared for, nurtured and built upon,” Mr Howlett said.

Earlier this year the Sea Eagles revealed plans for a multimillion-dollar centre of excellence at Brookvale Oval.

MD today

Club to focus on community: CEO

Jon Geddes

Picture

Manly Sea Eagles CEO Stephen Humphreys. Picture: Tim Pascoe

THE Sea Eagles will become more “user friendly” next season with new CEO Stephen Humphreys revealing that one of his big focuses will be engaging with the club’s community and stakeholders.
“I think we do some of that well, but there is so much more we can do,” Humphreys told the Manly Daily.
“I see ourselves as a very integral part of the community and we can bring a lot to the community and hopefully the community will reward us with their support.”

In 12 months Humphreys will be looking for people to genuinely recognise that the Sea Eagles are more engaging in their approach, are more connected and adding more value to the community.

The other big issue for Humphreys will be managing the club’s balance sheet.
“We need to be strong financially in order to invest in the things that will make a difference,” he said.
“A big part of my job is to make sure we are focused on generating enough income to allow us to invest in the things Des (Hasler) needs to prepare a premiership winning team and to make sure we have the support of the owners in order to do that.”
He said they do that through sponsorships, membership, merchandise and game day activity and events.

Humphreys is most excited about the opportunities in 2020. “On the field the performances last year gave everyone a lot of confidence,” he said. ‘You’ve got to turn up and it again so nothing is taken for granted.
“This year we have a full pre-season with Des in place and his coaching infrastructure so I think the team will go into round one better prepared and ready to go.”

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4