Staying The Prince of Brookvale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-eels-in-bonding-session-after-loss-to-penrith-panthers/story-e6frexnr-1226313862337

DRAW a fat line through rumours linking Brett Stewart to the Roosters next year.

It. Will. Not. Happen.

The Bondi club is committed to a youth recruitment policy. Stewart's age (27) - and knee injuries - have ruled him out. The star fullback is now more likely to stay at Manly, albeit not on the $600,000-a-year deal that was originally discussed.

Struggling under intense cap pressure, the Sea Eagles have worked hard to find new third-party backers that will enable them to keep more stars than first thought.

Good news

600k was always a stupid figure. No one in NRL could afford that with the salary cap and he is a fullback with definite injury concerns. Hopefully, he goes from his 500k this year back to a more manageable 350k so we can keep T-Rex etc.

Cambo said:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-eels-in-bonding-session-after-loss-to-penrith-panthers/story-e6frexnr-1226313862337

DRAW a fat line through rumours linking Brett Stewart to the Roosters next year.

It. Will. Not. Happen.

The Bondi club is committed to a youth recruitment policy. Stewart's age (27) - and knee injuries - have ruled him out. The star fullback is now more likely to stay at Manly, albeit not on the $600,000-a-year deal that was originally discussed.

Struggling under intense cap pressure, the Sea Eagles have worked hard to find new third-party backers that will enable them to keep more stars than first thought.

Good news

I wonder if when he said FAT line he means Zorba spreading rumors as i have been told this jurno has no time for zorba.
If you check he wrote a good story last week on Perry and the club.

Zorba and his 2 mates buzz and bulldog are the only ones left at the telecrap that will do his bidding because they got all the leaks out of the club for the last 10 years.
Zorba has wanted the Stewart's to go so he could say , see they left because I don't work there.
Its all about him, always has been.

Just go into a hole zorba and leave the club alone.

But hang on I thought he and his brother were inseparable? I thought Glenn was gone next year so why would Brett stay? What is happening are all these stories made up? Who can I trust?

Darren said:
600k was always a stupid figure. No one in NRL could afford that with the salary cap and he is a fullback with definite injury concerns. Hopefully, he goes from his 500k this year back to a more manageable 350k so we can keep T-Rex etc.

Reportedly Parra is paying Hoppa Jrn $800,000 and Sandow $550,000; Storm are paying Cronk, Slater and Smith all $500,000+, We are already paying DCE $500,000 and have a heap more talent to re-sign.
The salary of players has really taken off this year. But, you are right, a club (like Storm) could only afford three players on these extremely high wages and still manage to stay under the cap, with the remaining 22 players on very little.

I think Brett to the Rorters was all a smoke screen, I stated before if DCE signed then the rest would follow particularly if the club obtained more 3rd party payments to ease salary cap pressure.

The only concern I have is Foran and T-Rex but more so Foran. The Rorters are desperate to sign him or so I have been told by a mate linked to the rorters.

There is nothing we can do and we just have to have faith in what our club management can do in keeping this playing group together and the players themselves wanting to stay together.

Personally I just hope they stay Sea Eagles for life, the best club in the NRL.

The other news I was given is Brian Smith may not be at the Rorters next year. You’re not hearing about in the media but a few players have been disgruntled as are some board members in the treatment of some players by Smith.

OneEyedEagle said:
I think Brett to the Rorters was all a smoke screen, I stated before if DCE signed then the rest would follow particularly if the club obtained more 3rd party payments to ease salary cap pressure.

The only concern I have is Foran and T-Rex but more so Foran. The Rorters are desperate to sign him or so I have been told by a mate linked to the rorters.

There is nothing we can do and we just have to have faith in what our club management can do in keeping this playing group together and the players themselves wanting to stay together.

The other news I was given is Brian Smith may not be at the Rorters next year. You’re not hearing about in the media but a few players have been disgruntled as are some board members in the treatment of some players by Smith.
I don't want foran to go I think his combination with Dce is priceless however if he does just remember we have another superstar in the making playing nsw cup I'm sure it was on that I read Wally Lewis has big raps on ricardi

Smith gets pretty on the nose after a few years; such has it always been.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if the stewart bros stay with us for their whole nrl careers? and Matai. These guys + Watmough, Lyon, Kite, Kingy have come from the darker days, through to the gf in 07 (matai scored), to the blitz in 08, and then through the trouble and strife to last year's win. They are the heart of this squad which is already one that will be remembered with the mid-90's and the 70s ones. And they ain't finished yet maybe....

bones said:
bob dylan said:
Best news I have heard since the gf day.

Same. I want both Stewarts to finish as one club players.
Don't underestimate the Menzies legacy
The likes of king, watmough, Glenn, Brett and matai came in to first grade when beaver was playing they all saw first hand how good being one club player is.

Cambo said:
bones said:
bob dylan said:
Best news I have heard since the gf day.

Same. I want both Stewarts to finish as one club players.
Don't underestimate the Menzies legacy
The likes of king, watmough, Glenn, Brett and matai came in to first grade when beaver was playing they all saw first hand how good being one club player is.

Spot on. Everyone loves Beaver!

I think we need to come up with a term for the new site phenomenon. Any news article critical of Manly is false, any news article that is positive is patently true.

Any ideas?

OneEyedEagle said:

The other news I was given is Brian Smith may not be at the Rorters next year. You’re not hearing about in the media but a few players have been disgruntled as are some board members in the treatment of some players by Smith
The Rooters have got Maloney next year, why would they want Foran???

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6