State Of Origin teams discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I actually prefer Mullen as 5/8. You can't say he failed, it wasn't fair to chuck him in when they did. It'd be like putting Hodko in this year.
My first choice for this year would be Pearce/Mullen.

I also think Soward is answering his critics. I wouldn't rule him out.

I a

[quote author=jabroni link=topic=187299.msg330731#msg330731 date=1301973968]

Farah/Gidley
Learoyd-Lars
T Mannah
Bird/Heighington

[/quote

Can't see Farrah getting a look in. His playing injured and it shows, he's a passenger for the Tigers. He played injured in his last game for NSW and look what happened.

I could handle Gidly getting a run of the bench but ffs don't make him captain

Hopefully you NSW boys can make it interesting this year.  Beating them is getting boring, man.

I like you CC I really do....EXCEPT when you pull on your Moroon Jumper!!

But I'd agree it is getting boring, and I think you'll be bored again in 2011.

I see 2012 as a year when the tables might start to turn, no Lockyer, no Seventy Cents a Litre and this year no Steve Price...all have been a big part of QLD these last 5 years. By 2013 I hope the tide will have well and truly turned and there can be a few years if Blue Glory...we need it, and the game needs it!

So I reckon it will take NSW a year or two for the new way of doing things (yes the Queensland way)  to turn things around, but the tide will turn (eventually).

And it has to as well, because SOO is really losing it's gloss in NSW, the Queenslanders are mad about it but it does take two to Tango and what's the fun of winning 10 years in a row and playing in empty NSW Stadiums??

guys baileys retired from rep footy ..

fullback: Hayne, dugan
Wings: Gordan, uate, ferguson, morris
Centres: Idris, lyon, Jennings
Halves: Pearce, Mullen, Carney, Soward
Props: Leyrohd-lars, snowden, Tolman, Galloway, Mannah
Second row: Watmough, Gallen, Bird, Heighton, Hindmarsh (Lewis is injured)
Hooker: Ennis
Utility: Gidley/farah

cant see many more pushing for a spot at this stage ..

Mark it's just a matter of time; I've always said it's going to be one year too many for guys like Locky and Petro, this might be it.

We do however get Dallas Johnson back into the fold, and will have the glamour backline in tact.

The NSW selectors need to pick a team for the series, not for the first game and let them play all three games.

The problem is, the NSW selectors never pick the right team in the first place.

CLIT COMMANDER link said:
Mark it's just a matter of time; I've always said it's going to be one year too many for guys like Locky and Petro, this might be it.

We do however get Dallas Johnson back into the fold, and will have the glamour backline in tact.

The NSW selectors need to pick a team for the series, not for the first game and let them play all three games.

The problem is, the NSW selectors never pick the right team in the first place.

Yes that is the problem mate. been doing it for 5 years now...although I think Stuart as a non NRL coach "may" well do the right thing....what they have to do is build a team...it may take 2 or 3 years but SOO isn't going to survive in NSW if this goes on for 10 years....as I say above I reckon we'll be competitive in 2012 and by 2013 we should be right back in the mix again, as for 2011 hard to see QLD not rolling over us again with 2 games up here.

Remember Ricky Stuart lost the unlosable World Cup and then got into a physical confrontation with the ref the next day looking for a scapegoat. Therefore I wouldn't be counting on Sticky bringing it home for us this year, especially if he has a big hand in the team selection.

Ryles
young
Bailey
watmough
gallen
Bird
mullen
carney
uate
lyon
idris
tahu
hayne

Snowden
mannah
leroy
gidley
G stewart 18 th man

Snowden backs Manly duo for NSW
Joe Barton
April 10, 2011 - 3:39PM
AAP
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/snowden-backs-manly-duo-for-nsw-20110410-1d94u.html

Powerhouse Cronulla prop Kade Snowden backed Manly duo Jason King and Brent Kite's State of Origin prospects after Saturday night's heartbreaking NRL loss to the Sea Eagles.

A downcast Snowden, bruised and battered from the physical contests in Manly's 19-13 victory at Toyota Stadium, agreed with Manly coach Des Hasler that the pair deserved to be mentioned in Origin circles.

Snowden was close to man of the match against Manly, running for 108 metres, laying on two tries and making 39 tackles, while counterpart King was Manly's best with 129 metres and 25 tackles.

Advertisement: Story continues below
Hasler told media after the game that co-captain King was playing well enough to add to his Origin debut from last season.

"There was an article early in the week about NSW not having enough props standing up. Well, I think that was fairly well refuted tonight," Hasler said.

"And I thought Jason was one of the standout front rowers out there so I think he answered that question well and truly."

Snowden and fellow Sharks prop Luke Douglas are tipped to feature in Ricky Stuart's squad for the first Origin - and they relished a brutal encounter with Manly's rough and tumble pack.

"It was a good battle between the packs ... Our whole team was pretty much all over them all game, but that try at the end just killed us," Snowden told AAP.

"Kingy and Kite have done it before, so yeah they're (a chance), for sure they deserve to be mentioned.

"Kingy is just tough. He just goes forward, there's only one speed with him and that's to go as hard as he can.

"He's a hard runner and he can put a good shot on too."

Snowden lamented the tough loss, and remained unconvinced over several calls which the Sharks felt hard done by, including a flat pass which led to George Rose's try in the 67th minute.

"I'm still shattered ... we should've won," he added.

"We got a few bad calls that put them on our tryline and they scored tries off it.

"They had two forward passes that never got called up. If that happens, it's a different story.

"It's just shattering. It's a massive, massive game that we should've won but we didn't. A few of the boys are really shattered.

"You can see what we can do out there, we've just got to do it for 80 minutes and just need a bit of luck."

While I think that the Kingdog is a good origin prop, surely Snowden is taking the Seu Seu when referring to Kite.

I Love the bloke but he is done. A couple of years in England is all that remains for Kitey's career.

On the other hand, Snowden definitely showed that he is a front runner for SoO on Saturday. He absolutely carved us up.

Could be the first year we have no one in rep origin, Jamie probably won't make it, brett will never get the spot from Hayne Train again, Choc has probably stepped on one to many toes. Great for Manly!!

May give us some bargaining power in negotiations. Some of our players haven't got the rep power to demand big dough. Anyone who pays 400 plus for Choc in next round of contracts would be overpaying. We need 2 front rowers, mid 20's who will be with us for 5 years.

Do have to say though, all that experience chat hasn't really worked out. As some bagged me, Kite should be in his prime at 30?? and so should King? however Joe is going great in first few games!! Terrible miss on Snowden though.

my Souths mate said Buhrer a goer but gets hit like a ragdoll and gets smashed, too small, he likes second rowers like Taylor hmmm

totally agree, he has an opinion on nearly everyone, he loved the Souths boys belting him every hit up, said Robbo was the same, his son was going when these 2 got the ball, whirrrr, bang

A bit left field but I would play Soward at hooker, can kick and cover 5/8 and play 80 aswell as GF experience.
Not confident in Carney in big games but they have already picked Pearce so we gunna get Carney ( if no more DUI). Idris and Hayne for sure. Morris on one wing maybe Uate on the other. King maybe the bench prop and watmough in the mix but not Definateley. Gallen and Bird will be there just like Gidley. So Leyroyd Lars and Snowden for props Then throw in another centre (Jamie would be an outsider) and a couple of forwards and its kick off.

A bit left field but I would play Soward at hooker, can kick and cover 5/8 and play 80 aswell as GF experience.

Who is going to do the defensive work for him ? There is nowhere to hide in SOO.

WITH barely five weeks until the team is picked, the NSW Blues are in a mini crisis with as many as 40 players still vying for selection in the opening State of Origin game.
515231-dtstory-origin.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4