State of Origin 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sticky & Bellamy the front runners to replace Freddy.
Another lot of player and coach recycle after another Blues losing debacle
That is why they call NSW the Blues :(

Somethings just never change

1695938690225.png

Jumped before being pushed. He knows his limitations. Just not a good coach.
But he wasn't? He was given the role, just he wanted 2 years......

Seriously Fittler. 2 series losses in a row, 3 out of 4 series losses. And you think you can dictate terms??

Pound for pound there is no one around more tougher and passionate than Toovey

All the other recycled coaches have been tried

Toovey has the Maroon Mentality to match the Maroons

It is Time for Toovey to make his mark

To the NSW Board ..
Give Toovey a Go
Others wise NSW is not going anywhere but to another failure

Last edited:

Blues bombshell: Michael Maguire agrees to become NSW State of Origin coach​

The race to replace Brad Fittler as NSW State of Origin coach is over, with Michael Maguire agreeing to take on the Blues job next year

Michael Maguire has verbally agreed to become the next NSW State of Origin coach after accepting an offer from the NSWRL to take the prized job.
Negotiations by the NSWRL to appoint Maguire are in the closing stages of being brokered with the 49-year-old informing Raiders management, where he works as an assistant coach, that he intends to take on the job.
Maguire has already begun working on his staff with highly-respected Broncos assistant and former NSW forward John Cartwright set to be part of a new-look NSW Origin coaching structure.
Maguire’s intense coaching style, widely-viewed as being suited to the ferocity of the three-game series that is the Origin arena and his experience as an NRL coach, are major factors in his appointment.
The 12-month-only, part-time contract, which was put forward and rejected by former NSW coach Brad Fittler would also stand for Maguire.
It’s understood the part-time contract is one of which Maguire has accepted.
As first revealed by this masthead, Maguire emerged as a leading contender on Wednesday to take over from Fittler.

Michael Maguire has verbally agreed to become the next NSW State of Origin coach.

Michael Maguire has verbally agreed to become the next NSW State of Origin coach.

One of the major criticisms of the Blues failed 2023 series to Queensland was their limited experience of day-to-day pressure from inside an elite-level coaches box.
With a total of 233 NRL games worth of coaching experience, Maguire spent six seasons in charge of the Rabbitohs between 2012 and 2017 before joining the Wests Tigers for three-and-a-half tumultuous years between 2019 and 2022.
The 12-month-only, part-time contract, which was put forward and rejected by former NSW coach Brad Fittler would also stand for Maguire.
It’s understood the one-year deal is one of which Maguire would be willing to accept.
The current New Zealand Test coach and Raiders assistant coach would more than likely need to step down from one of his posts to take over the hot seat of the Blues.
Raiders head coach Ricky Stuart rejected an approach from the NSWRL due to his commitment to Canberra in 2024.
By making the call to step down from his two current roles, Maguire would then be available to turn his entire focus on restoring pride to the state of NSW following consecutive series-losses to Queensland.
Maguire received huge support to take on the role from influential Fox League host Matthew Johns on Tuesday.
“I would have no problem appointing a coach who has a club affiliation because I think you need to be coach fit,” Johns said on SEN radio.

Michael Maguire received huge support to take on the role from influential Fox League host Matthew Johns. Picture: Getty Images

Michael Maguire received huge support to take on the role from influential Fox League host Matthew Johns. Picture: Getty Images

“You’ve got to be ready to make those tough decisions, deal with scenarios on the run and have the strength of personality to be used to ringing players and saying, ‘Listen, I like what you’re about but apologies I’m not going to pick you in the side.’
“Head coaches are used to doing that, they’re seasoned to do it and for that reason I think Michael Maguire would be a great pick.”
Maguire’s ambition to coach the Blues isn’t entirely new with the veteran mentor previously applying for the role prior to Fittler’s appointment in 2018.
“It’s about building an environment that best brings out performance. Whether it’s at club level, representative level, it’s about creating an environment where people can play at their best,’’ Maguire said.
“That’s what you set out to do. When I was at Souths in ’14 and when I was at Wigan, the players created a strong environment that was set by the people around them.
“Having a great group around them to give them the best opportunity to perform, that’s what you want.’’
NSW has lost the past two series with the new coach to enter the Origin furnace under immediate pressure.
The TAB has already framed a market for the 2024 series with Queensland $1.75 favourites, NSW the $2.05 outsiders.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4