State of Origin 2020 discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Queensland were the much better team tonight. Even though it was close at the end, the Blues were never really in the game. Obviously, Fittler would have regretted not playing Papenhuyzen on the bench. He might have been a game changer as was Grant for the Maroons. I thought Gutho went well at the back (pre game visualised him providing a try assist for Tupou :)). However, having Yeo in the centres for much of the game was to the Blues' detriment. I think A. Crighton may have been a better option.

Anyway, just seven months till the next series. Hopefully, both Mitchell & Turbo will be in the side, making for a very potent backline - Tedesco, Tupou, Mitchell, Turbo, Addo-Carr, Wighton, Cleary. Of course, S. Crichton & Papenhuyzen will also be in the picture.

Spot on @davohan123. No backs on the bench - what was he thinking?! Papenhuyzen should've been there and it cost us dearly.

Yep, find it weird that Papenhuyzen was talked up by Fittler as being in the 17 for SOO1.
An unfortunate, untimely injury rules him out of SOO2 but when he’s fit to play Fittler sticks with the players that lost Game 1 but won Game 2 with Qld missing Munster, Brimson and Welch.
But he’s not good enough to make the squad for Game 3.
Fittler blew it, anyone knows the Pap should have been a walk up start as a sub or starter.
Teddy’s absence was as telling as Munster’s in game 2 yet Guffo couldn’t stand up and Wighton was unsighted, in fact our back 5 were well contained and Walker was a phantom.

Munster best player in comp IMO (besides maybe Smith)

Definitely a top 3 of Teddy, Smith and Munny... any order.

Jeeze storm look so good for the future. The best half in the comp (munster), the best (soon to be) hooker in the comp, up and coming superstar in pap, cheese, NAS, hughes (if they keep him), JAC (if they keep him)... wow

Another few premierships in the next 5+ years for the storm i think.

Munster and Grant alone can win a premiership, just like they won an origin as serious underdogs tonight.

Munster best player in comp IMO (besides maybe Smith)

Definitely a top 3 of Teddy, Smith and Munny... any order.

Jeeze storm look so good for the future. The best half in the comp (munster), the best (soon to be) hooker in the comp, up and coming superstar in pap, cheese, NAS, hughes (if they keep him), JAC (if they keep him)... wow

Another few premierships in the next 5+ years for the storm i think.

Munster and Grant alone can win a premiership, just like they won an origin as serious underdogs tonight.
Yep storm next year will go back to back. Only injuries can stop them :( then sCam will retire

QLD - 14 debutants and a coach appointed only 1 month out (albeit Bennett).

nsw certainly make it hard to deserve fans.

edit: we should be thankful @BOZO has taken the rest of the year off or this thread would have melted by now! lol.

Queensland were the much better team tonight. Even though it was close at the end, the Blues were never really in the game. Obviously, Fittler would have regretted not playing Papenhuyzen on the bench. He might have been a game changer as was Grant for the Maroons. I thought Gutho went well at the back (pre game visualised him providing a try assist for Tupou :)). However, having Yeo in the centres for much of the game was to the Blues' detriment. I think A. Crighton may have been a better option.

Anyway, just seven months till the next series. Hopefully, both Mitchell & Turbo will be in the side, making for a very potent backline - Tedesco, Tupou, Mitchell, Turbo, Addo-Carr, Wighton, Cleary. Of course, S. Crichton & Papenhuyzen will also be in the picture.
QLD will have a few players back from injury also....Ponga, Morgan, Coates, Fifita, Ofenhengaue, Oates, Milford, Wallace, Brimson etc.

Harry fckn Grant! Another timely reminder just how crucial it is to have a dynamic and skilful 9. I remember several games in 2019 where manase tore apart teams much in the same way as grant did for qld last night

Lololol Super Coach Fittler.....NOT. Smug pricks his:
thought it was gonna be a walk in the park. Decided he didn’t need a utility on the bench & it backfired badly. Super Queen did SFA also......where was Papenhuyzen!!!!!
Yes Papensmearen should have been there, but ask yourself this:
Would you prefer Kung Githo in your Manly team ahead of the Ghost who Assaults/the Assaulter who Walks?

Yes Papensmearen should have been there, but ask yourself this:
Would you prefer Kung Githo in your Manly team ahead of the Ghost who Assaults/the Assaulter who Walks?
Walker any day.....sorry just my preference. I’m not condoning what he’s done but as a player YES!

• 🤝
Reactions: bSw
QLD will have a few players back from injury also....Ponga, Morgan, Coates, Fifita, Ofenhengaue, Oates, Milford, Wallace, Brimson etc.
Agree and the spine of grant, dce, Munster and Ponga with brimson 14. In fact whoever’s showing more at the time plays 1 out of Ponga and brimson the other plays 14. Those 5 looks outstanding - better than nsw in my opinion. I’d put a line through Milford tho. He’s no chance. Completely forgot about sone of those other names.

I’m stoked for Cherry but gutted for Jake. I thought Jake had a great series.
Jakes tackling was solid and effective as usual ... I thought his one outs in attack were ineffective and telegraphed .... Walker back to crap after one decent game Wighton should be 5/8 and Paensmearen should have been in instead of Gunt Cliterson

Jakes tackling was solid and effective as usual ... I thought his one outs in attack were ineffective and telegraphed .... Walker back to crap after one decent game Wighton should be 5/8 and Paensmearen should have been in instead of Gunt Cliterson
Jake had 54 tackles without miss last night, and about 100m in attack. Yeah, there were a couple of times where he hit-up and it was a bit of a nothing play, but he looked around and there was zero happening and no one pushing up. I thought he looked better in attack in game 2 especially, but it is no coincidence that the nsw halves controlled that game. He should be proud of his series.

I agree completely with you on Walker. He and Gutherson played nowhere near their hype, which was actually predictable. I’m biased, but I reckon put a fit Tommy and Paps in that team and they win comfortably.

Congrats to Queensland though. The better team won the series.

And that is scary thought to think who was missing from them but with NSW not even being biased I truly think you throw turbo in at centre for NSW he was the missing link apart from JT.

QLD could go on a run with a spine of ponga dce Munster grant and Morgan at 14.
NSW better be prepared next year to win ugly and not just expect things will happen.

early stages but I think NSW 2-1 next year with game three in front of 83,000 NSW fans at ANZ.

Last edited:
images (8).jpeg

The great Manly captain winning a series as Qld captain is pretty much the best thing. (As most Qlders hate him and I can run my lollybag in their faces!)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4