Stabbing at Nth Parra

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 11
Yes you can imagine one of the local Redlands junior sides playing the same age kids from Logan .....same age sure , half their size.

Has to be weight based.
I honestly don’t understand the argument as to why it wouldn’t be weight based. You could widen the weight range enough to allow kids to not play too many grades up or limit that as well. My son is on the smaller side but not the smallest. There are kids he’s playing where he can’t get both arms around their legs! He just hits as low as possible and tries to get their lower legs. This big kid nearly squashed him the other week. It’s little wonder parents want no part of their kids playing junior league. Would be interested to hear if anyone on here has experience in upper admin in junior RL especially around the weight issue.

Zero funding ( and I’m not talking during Rona) for junior footy and Bush footy.

In NSW that government provides kids a $100 voucher which they can use for any sport, my grandsons use it for junior league but that’s the only funding they get.
Yeah right our fees were $250 each so $500 total. For that they get socks, shorts, jersey and a polo. Which I think is alright tbh. Only playing 10 games due to covid tho. We didn’t get any discount frm the gov, unless the kids get that. RL is cheaper than soccer tho which combined for mine was around $900 although my older boy plays in the clubs academy team and trains more regularly. Kids are bloody expensive.

I honestly don’t understand the argument as to why it wouldn’t be weight based. You could widen the weight range enough to allow kids to not play too many grades up or limit that as well. My son is on the smaller side but not the smallest. There are kids he’s playing where he can’t get both arms around their legs! He just hits as low as possible and tries to get their lower legs. This big kid nearly squashed him the other week. It’s little wonder parents want no part of their kids playing junior league. Would be interested to hear if anyone on here has experience in upper admin in junior RL especially around the weight issue.

Rugby Union was weight based when I played in primary school in 1960 - 1963

Rugby Union was weight based when I played in primary school in 1960 - 1963
This debate has been going on for at least 20 years now. Back then I devised a weight scale which provided a width of ages because smaller kids were being smashed out of the sport by huge kids whose birth dates were questionable. From memory Martin Meredith took up the issue as he held an official capacity with the NSWRL.
There was lots of debate but nothing seemed to happen. The argument against it came from parents of big kids who said it wasn't fair to play against older kids. But my proposal limited this to a maximum of two years older. It was a much safer often than having kids 100kg-plus playing against kids half their weight.
I was repeatedly being told that Polynesian babies weren't registered until they were one year old. If true, that explains a lot. Regardless, you'd get more participation in the sport if kids of a similar weight played one another up to an age of 14 or so when weight/age/skill tends to start evening out.

Yep when I played union at school in NZ it was weight based. As a 13yr old I was like 45kilo and was in the lowest weight group. We had a couple kids from the grade above
But not many.

Its not a league issue , It is a humanity issue

Exactly @BOZO.
Look at what went down at Pyrmont last weekend, one nutjob had a knife whilst seven others didn't and they're all on the same charge pretty much.
Chances are most of the others didn't even know he had a knife.

9 stone 7 is a large primary schooler .... I was 7 stone 6 (104 lbs) and I was one of the bigger guys in 6th class

Ratu Nanovo, 19, was arrested on Tuesday afternoon having spent the past two days under police guard at Nepean Hospital.

Mr Nanovo was taken to Granville police station and charged with three counts of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

The charge carries a maximum jail term of 25 years in prison.

Police allege the former Australian Schoolboys and Fiji representative went to a car and got a knife, which he hid in his shorts, after an under-20s match between Penrith Brothers and Wentworthville Magpies in North Parramatta on Sunday.

He then allegedly stabbed three males – a 19-year-old Magpies player and two spectators, 16 and 22 – after a fight sparked in the carpark.

Mr Nanovo was refused bail at Parramatta Local Court on Tuesday afternoon and is due to return to the same court on Wednesday.

He was the second man charged over the incident, with Brothers player Bradley Wayne Middlebrook also denied bail at Penrith Local Court on Monday.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2