St George fires coach McGregor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He might return there triumphant after collecting a couple of premierships with the dogs...

....checks behind him for KW777 with a bat...

What would be funny, no not KW77 chasing you with a bat ....actually scrap that, that would be hilarious, I can see it now.
Also would be funny if Barrett pulls out of the dogs job ...Somehow that doesn't sound right lol... and went to the goons.
Won't happen but stranger things do.

As long as they don't try and headhunt Des (like apparently the Cows and Warriors did), but if he didn't have the "Dogs' culture" lol, I can't imagine Desi having the Dragons' culture :giggle:

What would be funny, no not KW77 chasing you with a bat ....actually scrap that, that would be hilarious, I can see it now.
Also would be funny if Barrett pulls out of the dogs job ...Somehow that doesn't sound right lol... and went to the goons.
Won't happen but stranger things do.
Thought you were talking about Mitch Pearce for a sec...

Getting sacked is highly over-rated in coaching ....

An interesting question is ... has any coach gone on to win a premiership ... after being sacked ?

For rugby league I am not sure, but I know Aussie rules coaches who have been sacked and then won premierships.

My local SA club West Adelaide had a coach called Neil Kerley. His first year in 1961, we won the premiership. 1962 we made the Grand Final. He was then sacked (work that out.....). He played out his contract in 1963 (more like, no contract, the club just wouldn't clear him to leave). He then joined another club as captain-coach, the team which finished bottom in 1963. He took them to the premiership in 1964. He then joined another club where over the next 12 years he took that club to 5 GF's and one premiership (that club loved him, still does, but he terms it as a failure because he only won 1 from 5. But he did lose 3 of those to the team/coach considered one of SA's all time best). After then taking an offer from a perennial wooden spoon club and got them into the Finals 3 times before he then re-joined my club in 1981 and shock horror, we won a premiership by 1983 (the first one since he'd been sacked 21 years earlier).

It can happen.

Last edited:
Really happy for Mary... you get plenty of brickbats in this business but Mary is a Dapto boy like me and in a town that doesnt suffer fools or egos I have never heard a bad word said about the guy... he is a class act and whilst he may not have had the success that he wanted at the Dragqueens, he can hold his head high... never dogged anyone, never cried foul and never quit on his team to chase the almighty dollar...
Wish him well...

I reckon Mary held out until he knew Nathan Brown had got the gig in NZ.
Really happy for Mary... you get plenty of brickbats in this business but Mary is a Dapto boy like me and in a town that doesnt suffer fools or egos I have never heard a bad word said about the guy... he is a class act and whilst he may not have had the success that he wanted at the Dragqueens, he can hold his head high... never dogged anyone, never cried foul and never quit on his team to chase the almighty dollar...
Wish him well...
Definitely one of the good guys in league. They mentioned in commentary that his Dad is very sick. And now he’ll be out of the bubble, and be able to spend time with his old man.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6