Spud Carroll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is Joey Johns still mates with Harrigan. Perhaps he can ask Harrigan to join Spud at Manly and then really show the young guys how the art of prop confrontation and intimidation. Thems was the days

Top End Eagle said:
TimandTom said:
MK Eagle said:
All just opinion but from what I have seen, this Sao kid is the future leader in the front row - 2013?? maybe he is that good, but more likely 2014 & on.
Fact is NRL is a mass step up from TC, especially the front row, but this kid oozes talent.
Stromquist is a goer but for mine Sao has twice the potential.
Back to Spud, loved his desire back in his Seaeagles days & has to be regarded as an inspirational bloke. If his passion rubs off on a few of the fowards its gotta be a good thing.

Thanks for the opinion MK. I also see that you like facts and if you search out the fact that Stromquist has already not only been a forward leader at our club but also a Club Captain? Future leader ... He is already a leader, not to mention that he led the NSW Cup forward pack for approximately 70-80 mins per match last season... not missing a match, not only all year but if you could find the last time he missed a match for the club.. I'd love to have that information. Also, you being a real estate agent, you must be interested in stats, so maybe match up the two players above in the U/20's stats and see them incomparision ... me bing a gambling man, I'd bet that Stromquist looks more like a Mansion in Palmy compared to Sao being a townhouse in Belrose (Not saying Belrose isn't great.) ANy way thanks for the input MK more people should put up USEFUL posts like yourself! Take note - Ryan, Stevo and Kiwi.

Ryan said:
TimandTom, I have seen Stromquist play plenty both live, and on television in the NYC games. Prior to 12-18 months ago, I believed he was overweight, immobile in both attack, but especially in defense, BUT he seemed to trim down and become much, MUCH more fit, and seems to have added some pace into his game.

His best season for mine, was his as captain of the NYC team.

I think it's almost Wittyfan like to suggest he is on par with Mauro / Fa'aoso, both NRL Grand Final winning and experienced props? Ok, that's your opinion, and I respect that, but to be honest, I disagree.

I was being kind putting him in the 10th spot.

If you had to select three players out of the following, to start the season as props for us, would you select Stromquist? King, Kite, Galuvao & Stromquist. Ok, in the "future" he may be ok, but the prop rotation we have is OUTSTANDING - every one of them. I can't fault our current team one through 25.

Calling me a Derek, and everyone else names, will get you nowhere. Be respectful, and I will respect you in return.

If you really love Stromquist, that's excellent, but I just think he's pretty far down the pecking order, and that will be shown this year.

Nice reply Ryan, not sure how much NSW cup you watch last year, but if you watched any, i'm sure you'd agree that he was definately up to the task, If not a standout in an overall under performing side.

I'm not mentioning experience wise that he is above Fa'aoso or Mauro, just saying that if there is a few injuries to players with such experience, that Stromquist has given his all; All the way from our SG ball squad though to now ... a Premier player in our NSW Cup side and not SOLD out to another club. I see that he should be above these guys that have just blown into our club. Loyality aside, he is definately showing what it takes to go to the next level. I see Trbo in a similiar light currently, and not only due to the pairs remarkable resemblances'. I hope Trbo turns out the same way in the next couple of years. Loyalty is a BIG THING, not only to me, but a big part of why I support this club and if the club loses this loyality. Then they should change the name to the Bulldogs and the will lose a supporter.

I think Stromquist will DOMINATE given the opportunity this year and when this happens naysayers like yourself can eat their words.

Each to their own Ryan.

Top End Eagle said:
Thread of the off season!

Tom and Tim seem to be stromquists cheer squad though. More subtlety would help there/his/her cause cause I don't think the bloke is a bad player.

I cheer for our local juniors, Top End Eagle... How is Palm Beach these days anyway? I suggest you do the same as the club we support is the MANLY Sea Eagles. Not... New Zealand Sea Eagles or Canberra Sea Eagles. Just saying mate. Good Post.

Palm beach?

Dugong Beach Alyangula bros.

Support local talent. Lets just say your from Palm Beach. :)

Bearfax said:
Is Joey Johns still mates with Harrigan. Perhaps he can ask Harrigan to join Spud at Manly and then really show the young guys how the art of prop confrontation and intimidation. Thems was the days

What would a ref know about prop play ;)

Ho ho ho. Kiwi Eagle. Rather pedantic of you. You know quite well I meant Paul Harragon, 'The Chief'. Spud and the Chief spent many a frantic waltz on the field that would have blitzed Dancing with the Stars.

Turns out Spud has been in control of Sipley and Shuster (having lost 4.5kg in 2 weeks) recently. Looks like hes got into Shu's head. Spud has always had that passion and drive i wish our players had. He just has that old school toughness that most of our forwards need. Surely theres a spot in our coaching staff for him permanently (or at least a few times a week with the forwards)

We could do with some Manly blood in the coaching side of things too.

Turns out Spud has been in control of Sipley and Shuster (having lost 4.5kg in 2 weeks) recently. Looks like hes got into Shu's head. Spud has always had that passion and drive i wish our players had. He just has that old school toughness that most of our forwards need. Surely theres a spot in our coaching staff for him permanently (or at least a few times a week with the forwards)

I think it was a good move on Siebs part getting Spud involved. It could only help l.

I think it was a good move on Siebs part getting Spud involved. It could only help l.
I wonder if Tooves had a bit to do with it given his recent appointment and his friendship with Carroll?Not that it matters who made the move.Just shows the club is capable of positive decisions

Even at his ripe old age I would have Spud on our Manly bench instead of persisting with Woods

SundayFit: Mark Carroll gets passionate about fitness through his ...

Spud had a lot to do with the forwards in the off season and it showed in the opening rounds with their hard hitting tackles.He flogged them and gave them some truths. Spud also stated at the time that Fifita (now at the dragqueens) was the toughest of the lot. He hardened them up hence the difference in Sipley and Paseka. Some need to get that aggression back. Get back in the gym and flog them again Spud!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6