Split Rugby League Forum into Manly and General RL?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should we split the Rugby League Forum into two Forums, Manly Sea Eagles and General Rugby League?

• Yes

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 87.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
A suggestion was made that we have 2 forums set up for Rugby League, one for purely Manly discussion and one for General RL.

I am not 100% sold on the idea as I know people tend to stick in one forum and it could end up filtering away hits and posts as people drift away. In other words it could stifle some discussion. However on the other hand, I can see a place for it, as many people do only want to discuss and talk about Manly, whilst others want to talk about topics related to the entire RL.

As such. I have decided to put it to you the forum users and see what your thoughts are.

Dan

I feel we pretty much have freedom of speech on this site, people mention other teams and players freely (when in context) so I'm pretty happy with things as they are.
I'd hate this place to turn into League United/Unlimited or whatever you call the joint.
I enjoy the Silvertail community and cringe at the thought of a bunch of kids calling each other merkins and r-tards.

NO for me....even the general threads end up in some way with a Manly slant....so a big NO from me

looks like i'm the only one who wants a manly only forum :(

can we get people to post in appropriate threads then pls, instead of starting another one that has already been started? ie: theres a couple of bennett threads, a couple of origin threads, a couple of "sign this guy, sign that guy" threads...

It's always been pretty loose like that here brookie, just gloss over what you don't want to read.

I may make thread pre-fixes.

So when you start a thread you choose
Manly:
NRL:

or whatever and then that is at the start of your thread title for everyone to decipher. That might end up being a good balance for everyone

Ok I have added them. There is no way for me to enforce them though.

So you can choose no prefix, but if people start using them great. I can add others as well like

"Opinion"
"Article"

or whatever

The Gronk said:
If people posted less gibberish we wouldn't have the problem of having to wade through it in the first place.

If you expect us to take you seriously 'Chopper' then you need some pieces of your ears to be missing. :cool:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7