Speechless...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was terrible

Am at a loss to explain it, other than that win last week was so big for the team they, like everyone else, thought playing 10mins of footy would win the game today, and they will look after themselves for the rest

As I mentioned elsewhere, the positive should be Des ripping the **** out of them post match. Last season he gave them a severe tune up and we won 7 straight, here's hoping

On today's performance we will only be making up the numbers in the 8. Ball control and mistake rate was terrible. The mood in the crowd was not good either.

The thing that got me is that on that first set of six, they started so well. King made an awesome break, and Foran supported and got tackled 10 short of the line. I thought we had turned up to play on that, and was hoping for a decent win.

I don't often feel sorry for the Sharks, but I did yesterday, and if they were playing anyone else I would have been pi*ssed off they didn't get the win. Worst Manly performance I've seen in a long time. The negatives were too long for this post, so I'll focus on the positives:
1. Brett's defence at fullback. Saved a few tries in the 1st half with his 1-on-1 tackling.
2. George's runs. Only big man who seemed to go forward after getting hit.
I think that's it.

CliffyIsGod link said:
The thing that got me is that on that first set of six, they started so well. King made an awesome break, and Foran supported and got tackled 10 short of the line. I thought we had turned up to play on that, and was hoping for a decent win.

Kingy was on fire for the first 8 minutes until he got injured.  Still his effort was better than most of the other players who were on the field for 80 minutes.

CliffyIsGod link said:
The thing that got me is that on that first set of six, they started so well. King made an awesome break, and Foran supported and got tackled 10 short of the line.

In hinsight probably the worst thing that could have happened

Had Foran looked for support rather than pinned the ears back he would have seen a speedster with the number 1 on his back inside. Would have scored under the post with his first touch back!!!

After 41 yrs of watching Manly i know if they start well, its going to be along afternoon. If they drop the ball on the third tackle in first set of the game all is good........ Make sense of it if you can.

Well they did both on the weekend, maybe they were confused by the start...........

I keep hearing how well the Sharks played but I thought they were crap.  The only reason they looked good was because of how poorly Manly played, giving them the majority of possession and good field position.  All they got were 2 soft tries and 6 points from penalties.  There was nothing inspiring about their performance at all in my opinion.  They played like losers kicking for penalty goals every time

nebula link said:
I keep hearing how well the Sharks played but I thought they were crap.  The only reason they looked good was because of how poorly Manly played, giving them the majority of possession and good field position.  All they got were 2 soft tries and 6 points from penalties.  There was nothing inspiring about their performance at all in my opinion.  They played like losers kicking for penalty goals every time
Agreed and we were worse!!!! Ouch.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4