Special mention to Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Harper still has a few rough edges to his game, but he is a goer who can improve these.
Still in a rookie period so this is to be expected.
His footwork and line running is a handful for opposition and he has the ability we have lacked since Lyon retired...a good pass to his winger.
Defensively made a few vital tackles and in fact, he and Parker are both solid for most part on the edges.
Thought he was in key position to make a play at that short cross kick the Cows scored off early, but it was confusion all round and scrappy...still on Harper imo, but felt his way into the game with good involvement, for mine a keeper at this time.

The commentator said that Parker had dodgy knees and had to battle every week to get on to the field. Is that correct?
If so, that's a great effort.
Harpo and Parker aren't flashy but they have keep a number of celebrated centres quiet this season, they do their share of the grunt work, scramble well and are a tight defensive pairing.
I like them both.

The commentator said that Parker had dodgy knees and had to battle every week to get on to the field. Is that correct?
If so, that's a great effort.
Harpo and Parker aren't flashy but they have keep a number of celebrated centres quiet this season, they do their share of the grunt work, scramble well and are a tight defensive pairing.
I like them both.
They’re both defensive centres which suits the players we have around them.

I could harp on all day about how great Harper has been for us this season.

Lionel will turn it around by next weekend
No doubt. He was punching the ground on one of his missed tackles. The Cows player didn’t get far anyway. But Lionels reaction was what you want to see. And he still managed to get another flick pass to Saab again. Saab would be gutted if Lionel was replaced with either Suli/Walker……he’d never see the ball again.

"Bump"

Even though there's many posts in another thread, the 'he has to go' title makes me sad as I reckon Harper is a keeper and when he's back firing on all cylinders he'll be good to go.

So I'm bumping this one in case we wanna post something about harper but not necessarily something bad.

go Morgs!!!!

"Bump"

Even though there's many posts in the 'other thread' - the 'he has to go' title makes me sad as I reckon Harper is a keeper and when he's firing back on all cylinders he'll be good to go.

So I'm bumping this one in case we wanna post something about harper but not necessarily something bad.

But y'all mostly a bunch of grumpy boomer males so I doubt this'll make a diff. lol.

go Morgs!!!!
I agree, he seemed to be the scape goat towards the end of the season with many forgetting his earlier performances. He's just played his first full(ish) season and will be better for the experience

Worked hard and looked busted towards the end of the season. He is definitely a keeper.
Playing busted perspective time.....

'Purely on courage': Five Panthers defy injuries to inspire grand victory
Among the walking wounded in the 14-12 win over the Rabbitohs at Suncorp Stadium was fullback Dylan Edwards, who Cleary said had nursed a broken foot "for a month", leaving him unable to train.
Props James Fisher-Harris (knee) and Moses Leota (calf) were both in doubt for the decider while powerhouse winger Brian To'o has pushed through a lingering ankle problem.​

And Clive Churchill Medallist Nathan Cleary is booked in for surgery after he subluxed his shoulder and suffered a cartilage tear in State of Origin II in late June.

"I reckon there were at least five that probably shouldn't have been playing today. I don't say that lightly," Ivan Cleary said.

"It was a calculated risk on a lot of boys. I actually woke up at two o'clock this morning and I couldn't get back to sleep because I was thinking, 'My god, honestly, three or four of them could be gone by 10 minutes'.
"But it was calculated and they just refused not to play. It was probably Fish, Moses, Dyl Edwards.

"Dyl Edwards, oh my God. He's had a broken foot for a month. Has not trained, walked around with crutches every week and then goes out and plays. I don't understand how that can happen. I guess that just sums up the bond [at the club].

"We've had a lot of guys play injured throughout the season. Bizza [To'o], in particular, played twice with a syndesmosis injury and never came off.

"I remember Tyrone [May] doing his MCL badly, twice actually, and again, kept playing. They've just created this culture of, unfortunately, no one wanted to be the one who put their hand up and said, 'I can’t play'.

"It's just hard for me to explain. Incredible."

Back to Harper ....
He showed promising ability when Tommy was firing and before the next step up, The next level of excellence of finals footy against the top teams and against the higher calibre of centres he looked off pace

The bottom line is that when Tommy does not fire there is no strike in our centres
We need improvement in certain positions to take the next step up and the strike centre position is one of them
Hopefully Harper can improve after his first season in the NRL . Parker has been playing NRL since 2016 and what we saw in 2021 is what we will ever get from him .

Playing busted perspective time.....

'Purely on courage': Five Panthers defy injuries to inspire grand victory
Among the walking wounded in the 14-12 win over the Rabbitohs at Suncorp Stadium was fullback Dylan Edwards, who Cleary said had nursed a broken foot "for a month", leaving him unable to train.
Props James Fisher-Harris (knee) and Moses Leota (calf) were both in doubt for the decider while powerhouse winger Brian To'o has pushed through a lingering ankle problem.​

And Clive Churchill Medallist Nathan Cleary is booked in for surgery after he subluxed his shoulder and suffered a cartilage tear in State of Origin II in late June.

"I reckon there were at least five that probably shouldn't have been playing today. I don't say that lightly," Ivan Cleary said.

"It was a calculated risk on a lot of boys. I actually woke up at two o'clock this morning and I couldn't get back to sleep because I was thinking, 'My god, honestly, three or four of them could be gone by 10 minutes'.
"But it was calculated and they just refused not to play. It was probably Fish, Moses, Dyl Edwards.

"Dyl Edwards, oh my God. He's had a broken foot for a month. Has not trained, walked around with crutches every week and then goes out and plays. I don't understand how that can happen. I guess that just sums up the bond [at the club].

"We've had a lot of guys play injured throughout the season. Bizza [To'o], in particular, played twice with a syndesmosis injury and never came off.

"I remember Tyrone [May] doing his MCL badly, twice actually, and again, kept playing. They've just created this culture of, unfortunately, no one wanted to be the one who put their hand up and said, 'I can’t play'.

"It's just hard for me to explain. Incredible."

Back to Harper ....
He showed promising ability when Tommy was firing and before the next step up, The next level of excellence of finals footy against the top teams and against the higher calibre of centres he looked off pace

The bottom line is that when Tommy does not fire there is no strike in our centres
We need improvement in certain positions to take the next step up and the strike centre position is one of them
Hopefully Harper can improve after his first season in the NRL . Parker has been playing NRL since 2016 and what we saw in 2021 is what we will ever get from him .
I liked the playing busted part. As for the Centre position. For mine they should be open competition on both. In saying that if Parker played v Souths I think that game is a lot closer. 2022 will bring new opportunities for those knocking on the door. If sone of our guys vying for those Centre spots are good enough, let’s see how they go.

I liked the playing busted part. As for the Centre position. For mine they should be open competition on both. In saying that if Parker played v Souths I think that game is a lot closer. 2022 will bring new opportunities for those knocking on the door. If sone of our guys vying for those Centre spots are good enough, let’s see how they go.
I am like you feathered friend

I am not anti Parker or anti Harper or anti any Manly player

I am only FOR IMPROVING OF THE MANLY TEAM

Last edited:
in another thread, the 'he has to go' title makes me sad as I reckon Harper is a keeper and when he's back firing on all cylinders he'll be good to go.

go Morgs!!!!
Well said GE. The "he has to go" title is uncalled for, after the season Harper just had when predominantly he played so well for his inexperience and age. Credit where credit's due imo.

Last edited:
Worked hard and looked busted towards the end of the season. He is definitely a keeper.
Yeah, I thought that to MT, the last 6 games he seemed to be noticeably carrying his arm/shoulder after making tackles. In the game against the Titans he did a number on Fifita every time he touched the ball Lionel just kept bringing him down with text book tackles. Looking forward to a fit and injury free Lionel next year, cause I know what this guy is capable of.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4