Spamfest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
actually don't know where that top and bottom one come from, they don't show on my samsung, the other ones are google. Google ones can't be closed but the others can, we only use Google and Sovrn. Hit the X and the slide up and they should be gone.

Also Premium membership gets rid of all the adds for $25 a year

I mistakenly thought if I joined the tipping comp I'd be add free (I have no interest in tipping, just making a donation) it was insane how many adds there was, It got to the point like @Jerry1 where I could not handle it. When I finally had some cash I upgraded that day.
Can change you from tipping to premium if you like

Also SPAM relates to unsolicited mail, the wording you were looking for is "Saturation" that the mobile phone is over saturated with adverts.

The ads exist to help fund the site, the money we make from adverts, tipping comp and premium usually comes close to covering operational costs. I don't factor in my time on that or anything else. I would love it if I could make the site profitable that way and use it as a way to make a living, but aspirationally becoming a millionaire through a fan site is unfortunately a pathway to failure.

I have a mortgage to pay, kids to feed and so on, so running the site at a loss is not something my partner loves seeing as a line item in the budget. In an ideal world I wouldn't bother about recouping costs and could run it free for everyone (which realistically it is free with some minor inconvenience ads).

I run the site on my own account with adverts and they don't tend to bother me, however I understand they do bother others. I have managed to find the advertiser that was getting trigger happy with the footer ad and have disabled that for the time being, the slide up ad at the top still exists but you can slide it up with one click then scroll on past the ads to the content.

The first big advert is the one that makes the majority of the money for the site as its an above the fold ad and I don't want to remove that at this point. It doesn't seem to bother me as I have become "ad blind" and just auto scroll past it

Must be a Ibreak phone issue, My Samsung has adds but nothing to really worry and in proportion to screen, unlike some of the add contents which pleasurably are not in proportion ;)

actually don't know where that top and bottom one come from, they don't show on my samsung, the other ones are google. Google ones can't be closed but the others can, we only use Google and Sovrn. Hit the X and the slide up and they should be gone.

Also Premium membership gets rid of all the adds for $25 a year
I was getting them on my Oppo.

I see that on facebook all the time but never clicked it, what's it about?
There's an existing business of dick Smith it's basically a sister to Kogan, they essentially bought the brand name and sell online

Also SPAM relates to unsolicited mail, the wording you were looking for is "Saturation" that the mobile phone is over saturated with adverts.

The ads exist to help fund the site, the money we make from adverts, tipping comp and premium usually comes close to covering operational costs. I don't factor in my time on that or anything else. I would love it if I could make the site profitable that way and use it as a way to make a living, but aspirationally becoming a millionaire through a fan site is unfortunately a pathway to failure.

I have a mortgage to pay, kids to feed and so on, so running the site at a loss is not something my partner loves seeing as a line item in the budget. In an ideal world I wouldn't bother about recouping costs and could run it free for everyone (which realistically it is free with some minor inconvenience ads).

I run the site on my own account with adverts and they don't tend to bother me, however I understand they do bother others. I have managed to find the advertiser that was getting trigger happy with the footer ad and have disabled that for the time being, the slide up ad at the top still exists but you can slide it up with one click then scroll on past the ads to the content.

The first big advert is the one that makes the majority of the money for the site as its an above the fold ad and I don't want to remove that at this point. It doesn't seem to bother me as I have become "ad blind" and just auto scroll past it

Spam | Definition of Spam by Merriam-Webster
1596014465945.png
www.merriam-webster.com › dictionary › spam

Definition of spam. (Entry 1 of 3) : unsolicited usually commercial messages (such as e-mails, text messages, or Internet postings) sent to a large number of recipients or posted in a large number of places.

On my laptop I have no issues - I gave my new laptop to my daughter who is starting a diploma course so I have been using my iphone. I have just brought my old laptop home from work so I will use it from now on. However, the post was for your info with feeedback on the site on iphone. Feel free to ignore it but I suspect others will feel as I did that it wasn't worth the effort of struggling with.

this is the view from my laptop - I think you will see the difference.
1596015274158.png
1596015274158.png

Bottom advert shouldn't be there, may be an issue on your device.

Same view from my galaxy s9

Screenshot_20200729-200039_Samsung Internet.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4