Souths- why are they in the comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just don't get it !! Their team could look like this:-

01. David Peachey
02. Luke Macdouggall
03. Adam Macdouggall
04. Yileen Gordon
05. Shannon Hegarty
06. John Sutton
07. Ben Walker
08. Peter Cusack
09. Stuart Webb
10. That Nth Qld dude
11. David Faalogo
12. Joe Gulovou
13. Mark Minichello

14. Shane Walker
15. Shane Rigon
16. ?
17. ?

I may have stuffed some of the names up, but that actually looks like a competative team !!!

True Ryan thats why I tipped them to make the 8 :blush: :blush: . Imo the loss of Ben Walker in their first game of the season when Morley took him out started the rot as he was a big part of their late 2005 season success. Peachey should make a difference but the fact is they had a few injuries to key personell and do not have the depth of other teams. They needed their first 20 or so players to remain injury free to stay competitive.

so you admit that on a comparative basis Manly have a better record than the Bears in their last 10 years of existance :clap: :lol2: as dont forget in 1999 which was the Bears last season they finished 14th (I think), and they were broke. Do you really think they would have been a powerhouse for the next few seasons if they survived? I doubt it.

Ryan, I never wished I supported another club. If you wished you were a Manly supporter during the 90's you must understand why Manly supporters think Norths are/where so pathetic.

[quote author=Ryan]

01. David Peachey
02. Luke Macdouggall
03. Adam Macdouggall
04. Yileen Gordon
05. Shannon Hegarty
06. John Sutton
07. Ben Walker
08. Peter Cusack
09. Stuart Webb
10. That Nth Qld dude
11. David Faalogo
12. Joe Gulovou
13. Mark Minichello

14. Shane Walker
15. Shane Rigon
16. ?
17. ?

I may have stuffed some of the names up, but that actually looks like a competative team !!!

True Ryan thats why I tipped them to make the 8 :blush: :blush: . Imo the loss of Ben Walker in their first game of the season when Morley took him out started the rot as he was a big part of their late 2005 season success. Peachey should make a difference but the fact is they had a few injuries to key personell and do not have the depth of other teams. They needed their first 20 or so players to remain injury free to stay competitive.

[/quote]

Espescially when you look at the end of their 2005 campaign. I kind of feel sorry for them. Parra on the other hand....SUCKED IN !!!

You celebrate mediocrity.

I never once remember The Bears totally collapsing like The Eagles did in the back end of last year !!!
What Rock are you hiding under Ryan. One year in which they did better than Manly doesn't make a lifetime.

Bears collapsing like the Sea Eagles last year - They did it most weeks. No club knew how to snatch defeat from the jaws of Victory like the 'Yogi' Bears.

Where do you get evidence that I support mediocrity? Just because I don't head out to The Gap each time we lose or do a BridgeClimb on each win doesn't sustain your suggestion.

[quote author=Fluffy]
Ryan has done it again

Norths last 10 season 90 - 99 won 129 games
Manly last 10 seasons 93 - 05 won 135 games :dance: :dance: :dance:

and if you look at 90 - 99 we won 146 games

Face it - bears are and always were mediocre at best.

Try 96 - 05 !! That's the last 10 years of MANLY'S existance !!! Regardless of their title during this period.

[/quote]

changing the dates yet again

from 96 - 05 manly won 113 including the JV

Norths won 83 including the JV

sorry champ but after having to pay your player out we suffered and still as manly we did better than norths in our last 10 years

[quote author=Utility Player]
[quote author=Ryan]

01. David Peachey
02. Luke Macdouggall
03. Adam Macdouggall
04. Yileen Gordon
05. Shannon Hegarty
06. John Sutton
07. Ben Walker
08. Peter Cusack
09. Stuart Webb
10. That Nth Qld dude
11. David Faalogo
12. Joe Gulovou
13. Mark Minichello

14. Shane Walker
15. Shane Rigon
16. ?
17. ?

[/quote]

Espescially when you look at the end of their 2005 campaign. I kind of feel sorry for them. Parra on the other hand....SUCKED IN !!!
[/quote]

I feel for sorry for their fall from grace. They have great players like Morrison and Stringer doing the right thing, and certain ferals keep letting them down.

Anyways, they are the team I dislike the most, so couldn't argue if they punted the reason I dislike them - Fitzgerald.

Ryans Post Dated Sat May 20
anyone else confused ??? ;)

I never once remember The Bears totally collapsing like The Eagles did in the back end of last year !!!

couldnt resist looking up the last time norths lost 8 of their last 10 games (same as manly last year and we won the 11th last)

had to go a long way through the archives, all the way back to 99, their last year in the competition

yet another fail

Ryan - Take it from a fellow ex bears supporter.... no one wants to hear the sh!t .... i have great memories of the bears and i rarely remember being disappointed with them (because we did make the finals consistently) but this is a Manly website for Manly supporters... of course your dribbling about the bears is going to go down like a lead balloon.

Do like I and keep the memories to yourself and let it GO.... Norths farked themselves over. It was their own fault!!

Go the Eagles!!

Ryan - Take it from a fellow ex bears supporter.... no one wants to hear the sh!t .... i have great memories of the bears and i rarely remember being disappointed with them (because we did make the finals consistently) but this is a Manly website for Manly supporters... of course your dribbling about the bears is going to go down like a lead balloon.

Do like I and keep the memories to yourself and let it GO.... Norths farked themselves over. It was their own fault!!

Go the Eagles!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: well said!

[quote author=Ryan]

couldnt resist looking up the last time norths lost 8 of their last 10 games (same as manly last year and we won the 11th last)

had to go a long way through the archives, all the way back to 99, their last year in the competition

yet another fail
[/quote]

Fluff where you getting the stats from ??

Fluffy, I don't think you have proved conclusively enough that the Bears were much worse side than Manly has ever been. I am still not convinced!!

gronk

im disproving ryans comment that we are the 2nd worst team in the last 10 years behind souths. He has then changed the goal posts a dozen times and manly have come out on top every time.

as for proving conclusively well your a hard man to please or a norths supporter

113 - 83 wins since 96

last 10 seasons of head to head (90 - 99) manly 146 - 129

manly Vs norths, Manly 64 - 38 with 3 draws

premierships Manly 6 - 2

Wooden spoons Manly 0 - 9

GF appearances Mnaly 9 - 1

Minor premierships Mnaly 9 - 2 (which automatically gave them the premiership at the time ie no finals)

Semi final appearance Manly 34 - 18

Games won manly 687 - 669

longest winning streak manly 15 - 9

longest losing streaks manly 8 - 12

Stevie stats for all games are at rleague.com

gronk

im disproving ryans comment that we are the 2nd worst team in the last 10 years behind souths. He has then changed the goal posts a dozen times and manly have come out on top every time.

as for proving conclusively well your a hard man to please or a norths supporter

113 - 83 wins since 96

last 10 seasons of head to head (90 - 99) manly 146 - 129

manly Vs norths, Manly 64 - 38 with 3 draws

premierships Manly 6 - 2

Wooden spoons Manly 0 - 9

GF appearances Mnaly 9 - 1

Minor premierships Mnaly 9 - 2 (which automatically gave them the premiership at the time ie no finals)

Semi final appearance Manly 34 - 18

Games won manly 687 - 669

longest winning streak manly 15 - 9

longest losing streaks manly 8 - 12

Stevie stats for all games are at rleague.com

Great stuff. Nothing like some actual facts to hammer the story home!!

Just don't call me a Norths supporter....that's just insulting!!

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Utility Player]
[quote author=Ryan]

01. David Peachey
02. Luke Macdouggall
03. Adam Macdouggall
04. Yileen Gordon
05. Shannon Hegarty
06. John Sutton
07. Ben Walker
08. Peter Cusack
09. Stuart Webb
10. That Nth Qld dude
11. David Faalogo
12. Joe Gulovou
13. Mark Minichello

14. Shane Walker
15. Shane Rigon
16. ?
17. ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I feel for sorry for their fall from grace. They have great players like Morrison and Stringer doing the right thing, and certain ferals keep letting them down.

Anyways, they are the team I dislike the most, so couldn't argue if they punted the reason I dislike them - Fitzgerald.

Ryans Post Dated Sat May 20
anyone else confused ??? ;)

[/quote]

It's called basic comprehension Stevie. One post was about Souths. The other, Parramatta. In both posts I mentioned they are the team I dislike the most (albeit feel a tad sorry for them).
Does that clear things up mate?

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ - in case you needed the help 8| 8|

Go the Eagles!!

Mate - I was thinking that the last time I posted. Consider where Saunders is working now !!! And where does Manly stand in the scheme of revenue raised? Reeks of Bears all over again (hopefully not).

Geez guys - I support Manly now ok.

Did Ryan really support the Bears?

I always thought we just painted him with that brush because they are both losers.

Go the Eagles!!
From another ex bears supporter I entirely agree. Take Nutz' advice Ryan. Its good advice.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7