Post-Game Discussion Souths v Manly [Round 4, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Rabbitohs
Vs
Sea Eagles
13 Accor Stadium
25 Mar 2023 19:35
81:58 minute

Match Stats

Yep, it's those sort of game you need to ace if want to be a top 4 and premiership contender. We didn't and can't afford to let those opportunities slip again. The Knights will not be easy next week either. They are unpredictable side.
And if we just think turning up next Saturday is going to get us the win then we are in for a rude shock.

Going to be a lot closer than people think next week.

Find it interesting as always after the game and we all do it me included all the what if’s
If the ref doesn’t rule the forward pass ,if Manly took the 2 , Should of kicked off in golden point , none of things guarantee the outcome , The outcome is when the final whistle blows
Got to deal with the disappointment and come out next week better

I watched the game in a Bangkok sports bar, which wasn't ideal as I was three rows back. For example, it took a while for me to realise it was DCE, not Turbo who took the intercept. To get a full appreciation of the game, I probably need to watch the replay, but usually, I can't be bothered rewatching losses :)

I was with an American friend who knows very little about NRL. However, he thought it was dumb to not take either of the two in front penalty shots and also he took a disliking to Aloiai (Personally, I don't like or dislike Aloiai - the main thing is whether he plays well and helps us win games).

Last edited:
Hence why I turned it off as soon as the game finished. Experience told me that it was going to be a wankfest over Souths "winning it for Sattler". Bad enough on Fox League, so I can only imagine how bad it would have been if it had been a game on Ch.9.......

As for the game..... while I agree our attack in the 2nd half should have been better, I do feel like we were robbed last night. No way in hell was there even close to a forward pass in Turbo's no-try while that penalty to tie the game at 12 all was complete BS. Not only was it an actual forward pass to Latrel, but FFS all Lawton did was grab his shoulders. Sutton gifted Souths being in that game.
The voice of reason.:clap:

I watched the game in a Bangkok sports bar, which wasn't ideal as I was three rows back. For example, it took a while for me to realise it was DCE, not Turbo who took the intercept. To get a full appreciation of the game, I probably need to watch the replay, but usually, I can't be bothered rewatching losses :)

I was with an American friend who knows very little about NRL. However, he thought it was dumb to not take either of the two in front penalty shots and also he took a disliking to Aloiai (Personally, I don't like or dislike Aloiai - the main thing is whether he plays well and helps us win games).
3 rows back or 3 sheets to the wind? @:D

3 rows back or 3 sheets to the wind? @:D
Had to look up that expression :)

It was actually three tables back. I was sitting on an orange juice throughout the game & my friend drank coke. However, the guy in front of us was buying different drinks every time the bar girls came round and the guy in the front of him was a boisterous Souths supporter (couldn't see whether he had any teeth).

Aloiai mupped it not me :/ :0

It's easy from the stalls :p

Statler_Waldorf_muppets_KYM.jpg

Had to look up that expression :)

It was actually three tables back. I was sitting on an orange juice throughout the game & my friend drank coke. However, the guy in front of us was buying different drinks every time the bar girls came round and the guy in the front of him was a boisterous Souths supporter (couldn't see whether he had any teeth).
Bloody Souths supporters are everywhere. You could be seeking solitude in the Siberian Salt Mines and some bloke would show up in a Souths jumper.

NRL admits forward pass call wrong

“He rotates his body and he’s looking at Schuster who’s chasing him. The angle of the ball as it comes out of the hands is being passed backwards,” NRL head of football Graham Annesley said at his weekly briefing.

“From the point where the ball is passed … to the point where the ball is caught, the ball has clearly moved forward across the ground.

“But that’s not the indicator of a forward pass. It’s not about the path that the ball travels across the ground, it’s about how the ball comes out of the hands. That’s the rule and it always has been.”

“We were in the position to win the game and I coughed the ball up. There’s really no excuse for it. It was a rubbish error. It really hurt us and they were good enough to get the ball back and slot the field goal.

“They’re too good a team to make that kind of error at a crucial time.”

Aloiai addressed the error on social media and was expecting to receive hundreds of messages from trolls blaming him for the loss.

But the response from fans shows the community has jumped on-board and is willing to ride the wave in 2023, with Aloiai declaring he’ll repay the faith the next time he takes the field.

“To be honest, I was expecting to jump on my social media and get absolutely slammed,” he said.

“I would have been ‘yeah that’s fine, I deserve it’, but I got so much support from the Manly community. I’m really grateful for that and I’m going to return it tenfold, I promise you that.”

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4