Post-Game Discussion Souths v Manly [Round 4, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Rabbitohs
Vs
Sea Eagles
13 Accor Stadium
25 Mar 2023 19:35
81:58 minute

Match Stats

It will be interesting to see if the ref Chris Sutton gets the sack for this weeks matches.

Really poor decisions should have consequences.
He will probably now get all the remaining souths games - he's the MVP for rabbits now

FB_IMG_1679799761877.jpg

Looks like a try to me.

That's because we have a professional sport but officiated by amateurs still. Not to mention how the bunker clown can over rule the onfield no try decision to Walker on the back of inconclusive video replay from a fair distance which never showed the ball being anywhere but touching the deadball line.
yeah, thought it a bit strange that they didn't take an all angles look on this. Also, Walkers leg appears to be on the line when he forced the ball. Certainly at normal speed it was out for all money...yeah a bit sus for mine.

Just a reminder to the perpetual whinges,there’s a photo just a few posts ago by @mave ,showing conclusive evidence of Walker’s try.No idea where @mave got this photo,but the television broadcast doesn’t have all the access the Bunker does
Why wasn't this shot shown on the fox coverage, all's we got was a hazy not so sure kind of shot instead.

And when it comes to tries or no tries off dubious calls. As siebs said sometimes you get the call sometimes you don’t.

Last round against parra they had a try disallowed off a “forward pass” too. I think parra got dudded a fair try in that call, but it was good for our boys.
But it could’ve been a loss last week if it wasn’t a dubious call.

By far the most impressive stat of the game was this one -

Effective Tackle - 94.39% (Manly)

353 --Tackles Made

17 - Missed Tackles

4 - Inefective Tackles

The Rabbitohs Missed 14 More Tackles than us & also made 20 More Inefective Tackles than us.

We also managed 14 more Tackle Breaks than Souths and 11 more offloads

We were clearly the Dominant Team and not a bad performance for only our 3rd hit out.

If we can back up the intensity next week we really should have a Big Win vs the Nights.

:)

We are only averaging 16 Missed Tackles per game - which is the Best in the Comp!

The Melbourne Storm are averaging more than Twice than us lol

:)

Very promising signs nonetheless. When our attack finally clicks (and we have some work to do) we will become an Unstoppable Force!!!

Very promising signs nonetheless. When our attack finally clicks (and we have some work to do) we will become an Unstoppable Force!!!
Add Gordan would be a start
Give him a full year in first grade with our squad watch our attack be transformed.

Turbo looked injured at the end of the game, it looked like he wanted to grab the back of his leg but didn't in a effect not to show it. Maybe I'm just PARANOID.

The sad thing for mine is that we dominated the contest (as well we should have given how many they had out) and we didn't turn it into enough points. It's a loss that really should have been a win. Best we can do now is learn from it.

I think one of the biggest weaknesses of our squad is that big occasions get to them. It's something we will need to rectify if we want to mount a premiership tilt.

The sad thing for mine is that we dominated the contest (as well we should have given how many they had out) and we didn't turn it into enough points. It's a loss that really should have been a win. Best we can do now is learn from it.

I think one of the biggest weaknesses of our squad is that big occasions get to them. It's something we will need to rectify if we want to mount a premiership tilt.
Yep, it's those sort of game you need to ace if want to be a top 4 and premiership contender. We didn't and can't afford to let those opportunities slip again. The Knights will not be easy next week either. They are unpredictable side.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4