Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Round 4, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

13 12
Accor Stadium
25 Mar 2023 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we dominate them in the forwards, and going on what Sths have we should. We should have them back pedalling with or without the ball and they'll find it hard to mount any worthwhile sweeping backline plays that they are famous for.
Still think they’ll turn up and play a pretty physical game, that’s just the way they play, also think they‘ll believe the key for them is our edges, especially our right, their specials at playing side to side off shape and just as happy to attack through the middle playing flat, there constantly at you with the ball, it won’t be an easy game even with the outs.
I tend to agree and think we win the middle and providing we earn the right our attack will be good enough to get the chocolates.

It’s got all the ingredients to be a cracking footy spectacle. There’s no doubt the bunnies will be fired up with the “Sattler” effect, there won’t be a need for a motivational speech in their shed! We will need to ride out the first 15 mins then our forwards should lay down the foundations for our backs to take control. It’s going to be close, our defence needs to be spot on as we seemed vulnerable at times in the last game as there were occasions when it took 4/5 tackles to put a Parra man down. We need some big hits early to show our intent and we know that we have the fellas to do that. We need to snare Campbell Graham, he’s their rabbit in a hat, he’s kicked off the season in tremendous form. Go Manly, an emphatic win will have the rest looking over their shoulders even at this early stage.

It’s got all the ingredients to be a cracking footy spectacle. There’s no doubt the bunnies will be fired up with the “Sattler” effect, there won’t be a need for a motivational speech in their shed! We will need to ride out the first 15 mins then our forwards should lay down the foundations for our backs to take control. It’s going to be close, our defence needs to be spot on as we seemed vulnerable at times in the last game as there were occasions when it took 4/5 tackles to put a Parra man down. We need some big hits early to show our intent and we know that we have the fellas to do that. We need to snare Campbell Graham, he’s their rabbit in a hat, he’s kicked off the season in tremendous form. Go Manly, an emphatic win will have the rest looking over their shoulders even at this early stage.
Think your spot on about Stretch, his in career best form.

Souths will be fired up to win it for Satts.

I'm getting a similar vibe to the day Bozo passed away and we went out and shut the Slime down.

I'm doing everything I can to stop the Vermin by tipping them. If they can carry me as well, they're better than I thought they were. I'm the deadset mock. :cool:

Just looked at the forecast, 18-23, cloudy with a 33% chance of rain, given we play at 7.30 it shouldn‘t be too bad, hopefully theres no rain.
Forecast getting steadily worse the last 3 days 😣 Anyhoo.

I'm getting a similar vibe to the day Bozo passed away and we went out and shut the Slime down.
A difference is that Bozo passed away on the day of the Eels match. This engendered a lot of raw emotion for our players. Most of them knew him and, of course, he was actively involved in the club till recently and his offspring managed the Pathways program. I don't think Sattler had such an active connection with Souths.

Looking forward to it, as It will be a good indicator of where Manly stand in the comp.
BTW. How many minutes into the game before Cody W. is trying to push & shove someone around?

Bunnies are one of the best attacking teams from set restarts. They love scrums and taps. With their depleted middles I think we need to keep the ball in play as much as possible.
Great advice. It could work though if we go to the extreme with this tactic. I think they also rely on a fast free flowing game. If we can turn it into a grind and get our defensive lines right we might just force a few errors when they try and create some space. We could frustrate them into forcing their hand. Also they will be a little disjointed in attack with their changes this week.

Are we wearing maroon home jersey this week? There's no jersey colour clash with Souths so no need for the white jersey.

l_1974-Big-League-20200419-(189).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4