Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Round 4, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

13 12
Accor Stadium
25 Mar 2023 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think bozo meant more to our players because he was basically still running the club when he died. I think sattler has been living in qld for the last 50 years, so while he is a legend for souths, he’s a historical figure, a bit abstract.
Yeah maybe but given he's mostly known for the broken jaw he got playing Manly in the GF, that's all we'll hear. I thought we would struggle anyway but now it will take a very special effort to knock them over. I'm already having nightmares of Johnston running in try after try.

Yeah maybe but given he's mostly known for the broken jaw he got playing Manly in the GF, that's all we'll hear. I thought we would struggle anyway but now it will take a very special effort to knock them over. I'm already having nightmares of Johnston running in try after try.
They have the best left side attack in the league. The key for us is to shut down Cody and Trell. Easier said than done. Hopefully Ola can get into Cody's ribs and give him plenty of lip. Once the red mist descends Cody's errors and penalties go through the roof.

As well as the fact we have lost 12/13 last games at accor stadium and not beaten south's there since 2013 I just don't have high hopes this week.

If we can remain competitive this week that's a win in its self.

Can't see us getting up but who knows.

As well as the fact we have lost 12/13 last games at accor stadium and not beaten south's there since 2013 I just don't have high hopes this week.

If we can remain competitive this week that's a win in its self.

Can't see us getting up but who knows.
Yeah, that's a shocker of a record. Law of averages maybe?? I'll grab anything.

Sad for the Sattler family and the South fans, particularly the older generation, they will definitely feed off it for Saturday’s game, if we can overcome our poor record at Accor and the emotions of a fired up South’s, it will be a huge win for the club.
Yep and another reminder for the current players when it comes to head knocks. Of course, I have no idea if John Sattler's dementia was related to his footy days but it's a reminder of what can happen if they take too many heavy knocks. Anyway, certainly a sad day for the Souths Club.

That's how the Rorters beat them. Through the middle. My main concern is Tippytoes. He's so Sloooooow to turn. I just hope that DCE can steer the ship around and not do his chook interpretations. Shuster needs a big one.

Sad to hear about Sattler. Iconic images of the guy from before my time have been part of the game my entire supporting life..

If he was as important to the Bunnies as Bozo was to us, then we're going to have to play an all-time game to get over the bunnies, at home, with a bereavement motivation.

Being at the Eels game the fateful day of Bozo's passing, i have seen first hand the lift it gives a team seeking to honour their greats.

Might not be popular, but 3-1 is still a great start for us! Lets hope we keep it competitive!

Not writing us off by any measure, but reaslitically we were underdogs before this sad turn happened. Now I think its a monumental task. Good luck to them!

Sad to hear about Sattler. Iconic images of the guy from before my time have been part of the game my entire supporting life..

If he was as important to the Bunnies as Bozo was to us, then we're going to have to play an all-time game to get over the bunnies, at home, with a bereavement motivation.

Being at the Eels game the fateful day of Bozo's passing, i have seen first hand the lift it gives a team seeking to honour their greats.

Might not be popular, but 3-1 is still a great start for us! Lets hope we keep it competitive!

Not writing us off by any measure, but reaslitically we were underdogs before this sad turn happened. Now I think its a monumental task. Good luck to them!
We need this to be a slug fest. If it's a shoot out like last week it's gonna be a scary ride.

Anyone see the face to face show on Fox with Jake Duke?
His guest was Liam Knight. A really good, brutally honest interview.
And of course who did he mention in his misspent youth?
The Trbojevic family of course. I won’t spoil it, but it was funny when Duke
asked him to name his favourite Trbojevic from favourite to least.
Fortunately for us Liam won’t be back till mid-season.
I agree with others though, it was always going to be a tough match, but with
John Sattlers passing, it is going to be emotional there, and I just hope we stay competitive.

Footage of the incident. They both had a swing and hit each other at the same time.

Last edited:
Can we please NOT have Tui on the wing put somebody there that knows to stay out on his man .
Sivo gifted 2 try's by him
OR read him the riot act not to rush up like good old George , i was not impressed , however he did have a reasonable game other than that.
We have had the same discussions for years (wingers rushing in)
It is almost like that is the way they are coached…

Footage of the incident. They both had a swing and hit each other at the same time.
Gee that's the first time I've seen or heard of that. It's always been portrayed as an unprovoked act of thuggery by Bucknell but as you say the footage shows otherwise. The Manly bloke just landed the better shot, so he's forever the villain and Sattler forever the hero. How frightening was the game back in those days!

Not sure about all the 'Satts to Souths is the equivalent of Bozo to us' conjecture.

For mine, the closest you'd come from Souths at a Bozo level would be Piggins.

Gee that's the first time I've seen or heard of that. It's always been portrayed as an unprovoked act of thuggery by Bucknell but as you say the footage shows otherwise. The Manly bloke just landed the better shot, so he's forever the villain and Sattler forever the hero. How frightening was the game back in those days!
Can someone put this on the souths forum, it busts the myth that he was blindsided, they are both looking, both swinging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4