Post-Game Discussion Souths v Manly [Finals Week 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Rabbitohs
Vs
Sea Eagles
32 Suncorp Stadium
24 Sep 2021 19:50
75th minute

Match Stats

Geez , talk about something that was not meant to be with the way and manner it panned out for Manly last night , especially in the i st half . Most things that could have gone wrong for Manly did and the reverse for Souths of course . Guess that there will just have to be some tempering and better execution with some of the attacking plays , can "t win a final or comp with limited possession , no doubt can get that improved but will have to if they want to get to the next level .Just wasn ;t destined this season Sadly in many ways, definitely was a missed opportunity as well Certainly hope that Koula can develop into a strike centre next season [ and maybe even need another ] , doubt if Manly can win a comp with Harper and Parker there . Olokatu - atu is Manly "s best forward at present and can be used even better in attack , got to make him a real long termer . hopefully Foz can go well again fit and able next season , Croker has been valuable but would be a bonus to get Fainu back A S A P . Not that far off being a title winning side and hopefully a healthy roster when they should make the final cut again next season

I'm all out of them @niccipops. Used them up last night. God I hate the day after when you get eliminated.
I agree hurts so badly today

But in the next couple of years if we actually do have success it will make days like this worth it.

Losing a preliminary final hurts badly.

FAFTPqTVcA4skI-.jpeg.jpg

Although very proud of where we finished when all doomsayers predicted our first wooden spoon this year. I just want to say that we were not mentally harden this year to have successfully contested the Grand final. We all know that Manly will be a better team next year after their experience this year. My worst nightmare would have been if we had played the Storm in the Grand final and we were not switched on and they went and scored 40, 50, etc unanswered points heaven and obliterate our 40-0 2008 legacy. because we all know Bellamy would like nothing better than to reverse that stain on his record.

Gotta learn and improve from this season. Don’t be like Barrett’s team. The last time we played finals and finish near the bottom season after.

I've noticed @globaleagle has been conspicuous by his absence since last night's loss (unless I'm imagining it). Wonder if it's sent him into hibernation lol

Well, thanks for noticing! I had to 'sulk' for awhile but the storm losing has made things "ok" again.

It was great to go as far as Melb especially as they do 'everything so amazingly right' and even when Manly win they do 'so many things wrong' according to their 'fans'. lol, how embarrassing for those jokers (esp the ones who join other sites).

So, well done to Manly for their season. It was the style of play the whole league needed to see and was extra special for the fans. Things can only get better.

Now.... get into off season sand dune sprint training tomorrow morning!!!

but the storm losing has made things "ok" again.
I agree to a point.

I don't think that the Storm losing has made things okay again. Better yes but not okay.

At least with Penrith winning, it gives me a team to go for next week because if they had lost to the Storm, I would have had no interest whatsoever for as to wins the Grand Final and I probably wouldn't even waste my time watching it.

Gotta learn and improve from this season. Don’t be like Barrett’s team. The last time we played finals and finish near the bottom season after.
Yep, Raiders in the GF two years ago and battled ever since.
That was Souffs fourth Prelim in a row but the first one they’ve won.
Just shows how hard it is to take the next step and/or stay there.

In the end it’s a game of footy no one died well maybe a little inside for us fans. Maybe we can work on defending kicks in the off season

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4