South's shouldn't even be in the comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PJ

Bencher

Now I know this might sound harsh but I don't think the bunnies should even be in the competition at the moment if the league was consistant about all the forced mergers a few years back.
On their own I think Balmain, Wests, St George (obviously), Illawarra and Norths if still in the competition would all be much more of a force both finacially and on the football field than the lowly bunnies (and I suppose you could throw the Gold Coast in too).
I understand that the league couldn't sustain the amount of teams they had BUT why allow Souths back in the comp because a bunch of their celebrity supporters organised a rally and pulled on peoples heart strings....I hate it when people feel sorry for the bunnies- if you want to feel sorry for anyone feel sorry for the supporters without a true club to support or ones that have to now support another team as well because of forced mergers (that was us too for a period and we all know how that felt).
The bunnies are crap- they have shown very little since come back and I sincerely hope they fall in a heap and allow for a much more deserving unit to have a team in our competition.
Yes I understand that they have a alot of tradition in their club but so did alot of the before mentioned teams who are now non-existent as one unit.
Where's is all the sympathy for these teams, or do we need the likes of Rusty, Ray and Andy Denton to really bring it to our attention.
Screw the bunnies- they shouldn't be in the comp and I hope they collapse before too much longer and stop this continuing injustice towards the other clubs that have been swept aside so as the NRL can move forward- where is the consistency.

they are doing a lot better than the knights.

They will improve and as they do their financial situation will improve.

I for one would prefer all the afore mentioned teams to the mergers/super league scum that is around.

The more great ARL clubs that remain the better

This is the first slump the Knights have had for a while and they still have the support of the whole city- if you have a look at their crowd figures they are still up there. The Knights have also won a Grand Final not too long ago- what have Souths done ??? What are Souths crowds like ????
You are kidding if you want to compare Souths to the Knights- why should Souths be given the opportunity considering what they have shown over a long period of time.
The last time I can remember they had a competitive team was the late eighties and that is a long time ago.

Souths have had a few good wins, flogged Parramatta and the Knights.
If anyone, the Knights are in a shaky position; it will take like a decade to get out of this "slump" IMO.
The juniors they have bought up are pretty average, and the only "good" player in their team is maybe Buderus, Kurt Gidley and Steve Simpson.

Why is Souths still in the competition ? I am talking about bad performances on the field, crowd wise... everything and not just over the first couple of weeks of this season- I've seen the supposed resurgence of Souths many times over the past decade when they strike up a couple of arsey wins when the opposition takes them lightly but they always have slipped back to the Souths of old. Newcastle has alot more to fall on than Souths for instance a one town team.Don't get me wrong I hate the Knights but facts are facts and Souths just don't fit the bill.

I totally agree PJ Souths are a farce and have been for 30 years.

They just keep !BDH!

And I think they should ditch the "South syndey" from there logo. As that bloke suggested.

yep, hope the lads put on a cricket score on the weekend, i wont settle for anything less! will put our "killer instict" to good test!

Souths are still around for legal reasons and PR. They did get the boot but a judge found initially that it was done illegally. Since then public opinion/sympathy has been with them.

I have never quibbled with their right to be in the comp - especially as the clubs that ratted on others (Superleague) still all exist. Ultimately clubs that can't get a decent level of support will die a la the Bears!

I heard on 2UE last night a few Bears supporters who are still trying to !BDH! Poor lads!!! !drunk:

I agree though it was the new CEO of Norths (6th one in 6 years) who was talking things up - and then a few supporters who were trying to talk down Souths to Norhtpower and talk the Sharks up to there (as if the Hobbits will let that happen).

Gibbsy and Brandy were the two on last night - no idea where Bossley was but who cares.

Norths = Extinct!

So we get rid of souths this year - in 5 years when the knights, tigers, parra etc havnt done anythign they go.

We will be down to 12 - this is sounding like super league talk again

Fluffy when was the last time Souths did anything in the season proper- you'd being going back a bit longer than 5 years.
I am talking about Souths and that is it- they should not be there now. Look at their crowd figures (supporter base) and look at their performances.
I never said anything about Parra, Knights and Tigers because they are in a totally different and much stronger position all round than the bunnies.

Despite the parlous state of Souths I am not about getting rid of 97 years of tradition in the game.

If ever Souths get some success on the field their supporters will come out of the woodwork like Manly's are starting to.

If they are going to die let it be by suicide and self imposed rather than by News/NRL.

(The quicker they are not running the game the better in my opinion. The Storm are just as endangered as anyone - no real base and really just propped up by Murdoch Monopoly money!!

I cant stand talking about this ****.

Do we all remember the days when sides like the Rams, Reds, Seagulls, Crushers, Chargers, Steelers, Dragons, Tigers, Magpies, Bears, Rabbitohs ran around on the park. Football was just so much better.

These days we all seem to get wrapped up in who should quit the league to scrap the bye or 3 clubs, all exceptional entries vie for one position that could really cater for them all and who's roostering the salary cap and who's going to union, who's snorting lines in Night Clubs and why you can't see your side on free to air tv.

Im not complaining, I still love my footie, but I just remember growing up when football was fun. These days its occupied by controvesy and argument. The only time football is what its ment to be... is for 90 mins a week. Very sad really.

Where to draw the line - i feel that some of those are not too far above souths

Footy has always been about controversy and that is what sells papers. Before Supergreed it was in-goal touchies etc and tackle counts. Boyd was just as much a bad boy as Hoppa and various players/teams were supposed to be on the take etc.

Nothing much has changed except that some of the older clubs got shafted (as collateral) in a fight to improve Pay TV subscriptions!!!

If we get rid of every team bar manly we will be right - we will win every comp and get the most fans out of anyone

PJ based on your logic Manly should have been punted a few years back then. Poor crowds, poor results and all sorts of financial difficulty.

Fluffy when was the last time Souths did anything in the season proper- you'd being going back a bit longer than 5 years.
I am talking about Souths and that is it- they should not be there now. Look at their crowd figures (supporter base) and look at their performances.
I never said anything about Parra, Knights and Tigers because they are in a totally different and much stronger position all round than the bunnies.

Manly 1998-2004. Everything you say above fits that example. Did nothing in the season,and the crowds were not interested

Using your logic there we shouldn't be on the field this season

Souths are makung huge steps in the front office,and have put together a useful enough squad. Give this regime more than 6 weeks before making comments like this

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4