Souffs v Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Souths or storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I actually felt sorry for melbourne.

What a carve up!

Penalty on penalty to get souffs over the line and 2 disallowed tries.

The storm stuffed up a few of their own as well but it was obvious who HAD to win tonight.

The nrl are taking no chances in getting souffs to the grand final. Once there, it will be up to them and we may see a contest. For now, it will be souffs given a leg up in the next game as well.

Can't have 40,000 or so grand final tickets on ebay. The nrl will do everything to make sure that doesn't happen!

Personally I thought the Bunnies were lucky to win tonight. I think despite looking very flat themselves, the Storm were the better side. IMO they were robbed of 2 legit tries which would have totally changed the face of the game. Had they been awarded Souff$ would not have won that game.

I don't think there was intent from Farrell to injure Waqa, but he was definitely reckless or careless in intentionally bumping (pushing?) his legs from under him while he was flying in mid-air. Farrell could be in trouble there (though being from Souff$ I doubt it). More importantly, Storm player or not I hope Waqa is ok. That looked nasty.

I have to say I am glad the video ref didn't disallow Slater's (first) try by falling for Greg Inglis' dive. Inglis was looking for nothing more than a penalty and it didn't work. Seriously, what is it with the guy and diving?? I mean, Blair hardly touches him and Inglis flies backwards like he's a WWE wrestler. The guy is turning out to be a joke. He's a good player, he doesn't need that crap in his game. Oh wait, he does, he plays for Souff$.

Tonight's refereeing was a farce designed to favor Souff$ as the NRL's "Cinderella" team. And once again it was led by Shayne Hayne who tonight was joined by Bernard Sutton (the video ref). After the game, Nein should have interviewed one of those two as the man of the match.

Tonight, I learned the definition of a 50/50 call.

Clearly, the definition is 50% of the calls will favour Souffs and the other 50% will go against their opposition.

The Drizzle can feel pretty hard done by. They copped two of the worst decisions I've ever seen tonight.

To me I don't think the Storm were trying. I think they knew that the Rabbitoh's have to go straight through to win the title this year, so everyone involved in Rugby League have to make sure none of the other clubs-except for the club that the Rabbitoh's have to play in the GF with- are allowed to defeat them. That means penalties going the Rabbitoh's way all during the game.

The Storm can get back to their winning way next week now that they've got their clash with the Rabbitoh's out of the way.

Hey, I love my Manly Warringah Sea Eagles. If I'm going to be disappointed about a loss, I may need some time to calm down. If they win, I'll be jumping around for joy. I take my Rugby League seriously- it's the way I am. And my large collection of Manly Memorabilia will show my support of the Manly Sea Eagles. :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Went in and couldn't have given a **** who won and came out a goddamn Storm supporter, at least for the night.

Thanks Pink Bats, made the impossible a reality.

I havent seen the game yet, im overseas. But all ive heard on social media and on here has been how bad the ref's were and how dudded the Storm got by the refs. Was it really that bad?

Lord Eagleton said:
I havent seen the game yet, im overseas. But all ive heard on social media and on here has been how bad the ref's were and how dudded the Storm got by the refs. Was it really that bad?
No, the Slater's no try was 50/50. I recall a similar one that was awarded earlier on in the year. Thats the subjective nature of contact sport.

The level of angst in Souths winning is only exceeded by that of Snake not playing:cool:

What intrigues me is why there is no outcry over the measly 21k attendance:huh:
The Souths Fans are not being bashed up by the media like Manly Fans, from across the Harbour, constantly are:mad:

Manly premiership quest is well on track:angel:

Neither side impressed me.

The two no try calls were absolutely correct.

Yes, souffs got the refereeing advantage on 50/50's etc, but that's because it was their home game with a massive crowd. The scum will get it next week in melbourne.

Don't feel sorry for them, they are scum and they deserved what they got.

HappilyManly said:
Lord Eagleton said:
No, the Slater's no try was 50/50. I recall a similar one that was awarded earlier on in the year. Thats the subjective nature of contact sport.

The level of angst in Souths winning is only exceeded by that of Snake not playing:cool:

What intrigues me is why there is no outcry over the measly 21k attendance:huh:
The Souths Fans are not being bashed up by the media like Manly Fans, from across the Harbour, constantly are:mad:

Manly premiership quest is well on track:angel:

Wow good call HM I didn't know there was only 21000 there. There will be silence from the media

1971 was the last time the Rabbids won a Qualifyer, so one would think that, as the match was actually at their home ground, it would be reported :mad: Crowd: 21,609.

Even Nein, who blab on like the dithering old bastards that they are, omitted the crowd figure in their telecast :huh:
Those of us Manly Supporters, making the 16km trek, in the wind and the rain tonight, expect a DT retraction of maligning Manly Travelling Supporters (in 9 months) :)

I know most of it has been said before in this thread, the pinkies love their bunnies and the vermin again profited from dud refereeing from the pinkies. I am never ever going to back the drizzle but seriously as a neutral fan watching you got the feeling that no matter what the drizzle did the game was already decided.

The liberties that Souffs get in the ruck is so unfair, they walk off the mark constantly, giving them an unfair advantage, they get consistent clusters of penalties from the pinkies.

The only small consolation for me is that all the finals for the rest of the series will be in Sydney, so that straight away boosts our chances.

The NRL insist that the vermin get Friday night football, all cause of 9 and the bloody ratings. To make 4 teams play a double header at a smaller venue to accomodate the vermin is so unfair and at the heart of this decision is bias from Greenturd and his cronies.

Hopefully last night we saw the vermins last win for this season. The pressure on them will be enormous for that game and they will be ripe for the picking.

HoldenV8 said:
... More importantly, Storm player or not I hope Waqa is ok. That looked nasty.
I'm sure every league fan agrees with that. Good luck to Sisa Waqa, I hope he makes a full recovery. This guy is seriously athletic and his strong physique may be the only thing that saved him from being carted off to the morgue instead of hospital.

It was horrific to watch. The rule should be changed to protect attacking players as well as defenders.

Good luck with your recovery Sisa.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4