Souffs game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
We could be in big trouble this week.

Their massive forward pack could rip us a new one. Not to mention a possible attendance of Kevin Shayne Hayne and a huge Souffs following.

But I have 100% faith in the boys to not let this weeks calamity happen again, its not in our DNA.

DCE to have a big one, Snake to play if its not raining, the KingDog to return and belt Sam Burgess. and Wolfy for a hat-trick.

Will be a good test I think.
Souths will also be looking to get us back for knocking them out last year.
Could not be a better test for our forwards
As others have suggested we need to play a full 17.

Not a good way to start a season with so many injuries to key players. And our win record without The Snake playing is pretty ordinary.
Souths will run over the top of us the'll be fired up from last year.
I hope we can win but don't see it happening.

ManlyArmy said:

Their massive forward pack could rip us a new one. Not to mention a possible attendance of Kevin Shayne Hayne and a huge Souffs following.

But I have 100% faith in the boys to not let this weeks calamity happen again, its not in our DNA.

DCE to have a big one, Snake to play if its not raining, the KingDog to return and belt Sam Burgess. and Wolfy for a hat-trick.
Agree, & as we all know,Souths will be fired up all the more, as they will still be smarting from being rolled by Manly in last years finals.
So look out.

It's March isn't it?
It's not like we lost to Saints or Parra, Melbourne are a quality outfit even without Cronk.
We start the season by playing 2 of last years top 4, we looked better than the chooks in Rd 1. Any of the top 4 can beat any of the others on any given day and we won't be hit at Origin time.

I hate Souths with a passion but I enjoy seeing their continued misery and their broken dreams, this Friday night in Gosford won't define our season either way.

No one remembers who did what in March - except souths fans - but we sure as $h!t remember who wins in Sept/October.

ManlyArmy said:
Their massive forward pack could rip us a new one.
Our players have just had a stark reminder of the importance of retaining possession. Starve Souths of the ball and they won't look so big.

ManlyArmy said:

Yes we could be.

They'll have 2 extra days' rest on us, as well as their big boppers pack. Added to that, they'll want payback for last year's finals and no doubt have a big crowd with them. We'll need to be nearly full strength, otherwise I fear the worst for this one.

If its any consultation, last years GF winners got rolled by Souths.
Imagine the soul searching going on there.
It'd be like a egg eating goanna in the
fowl house at Bondi.

Irrelevant who we play. Refereeing will decide the game like it does with most nrl games. Its the reason why I dont watch other teams much. Too many games decided by whistle blowers.

I agree we are huge underdogs in this game. We don't have anywhere near the size of Souths and they've just ripped the Roosters apart.
As a one eyed Sea Eagle what I want from this game is a huge improvement on their last 40 minutes play and a seriously competitive attitude.
Tooves and the team have heaps of hard training and video analysis to get through this week.
A win doesn't seem highly likely as the bunnies appeared flawless and Manly full of errors.
It's not impossible though.
Regardless of the result it's early days in the comp and there's plenty to like about the 2014 Manly Sea Eagles. We need to keep the faith.
Go Manly!:D

Ok, they're all saying the game is faster this year. We should turn this to our advantage and try to out-speed the big Souffs forwards. Lawrence, Buhrer, Ballin, Lui and Choc to some extent, should all put on their running shoes and try to go around the Burgesses. Tire them out, maybe we can get them late, thru some DCE , Lyon Magic.

Snake will not play for weeks !

How about Brad Arthur & Parra beating the Warriors?
This was something I didn't expect.

BTW, just wanted to throw in this cool Choc pic.

I've bought my tickets for this one -> the ticket pax was only 5,782 (at 3pm) so plenty of tickets left people! It's our "home game", would hate to see more Souths fans than Manly fans there.

Carn Manly, time to step up like we did in prelim final :)

mickqld said:
Irrelevant who we play. Refereeing will decide the game like it does with most nrl games. Its the reason why I dont watch other teams much. Too many games decided by whistle blowers.

I share your cynicism.

Souths looked as fit as I've ever seen a team look in round 1 . They must have been hammered by Maguire in the off season. Inglis, Sutton and even Tuquiri looked fitter than you'd normally expect at this stage. The trick is to peak at the end of the year which is something Manly always aims to do. I can see Manly giving it to Souths for about 25 minutes in the first half then struggling to contain Souths in the final 15 to 20 minutes.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8