SOO Passion or entertainment.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
I’m sort of interested in whether we actually care about the result of the game.

a) Has the result ruined your day or make you delirious.

b) or does it give us another reason to bag players like Hayne and White, but in the end of the day we couldn’t give a toss?

I don't care about the outcome. However I support the Blues. If they lose than I don't really care because its a great game of footie.

I suppose that comes from being born in NSW but living in QLD. However the bogans up here take it quite seriously.

Yeah I'm option b.

Don't really care about the result, when you see Haynes pass it makes you wonder if he was slipped a blank cheque after half time.

Manly is more important, main thing for me is our players getting through the game ok.

I only watched about half the game as well, had a engagement party in the city and the tv was upstairs so I couldnt spend the whole game up there.

For the record I hope White and Hayne or not dropped for the 2nd game. White has some agro and NSW need it.

Waking up to frost on the windscreen in this God-forsaken state, my day is a hell of a lot better after a Queensland triumph.

But that's the difference isn't it. Queensland know they're superior but we have to prove it to you dumb block heads year after bloody year.

Enjoy your $1.50 per litre petrol and frozen tundra you cheating cockroach scum.

I used to be more passionate about it, maybe I have mellowed as I've got older. I still yell at the TV though, but I can recognise when we get outplayed and not look for excuses.

The thing that has taken some of the gloss off the game for me is the TV coverage. I can't stand how they beat it up each year and feed us all this hyperbole and gladatorial metaphors. They talk it up so much that it inevitably can't live up to the expectation and in a perverse way becomes a disappointment. Just let the game talk for itself, it'll stand up to scrutiny if you leave it alone. I don't need to hear ****wits like Gould, Voss, Warren and Vautin wetting themselves each year over SOO. The most pathetic thing is that every year the sign off on the series as being the best ever. "Just when you thought Origin couldn't get any better".......well it didn't.

C'mon the Blues

I want more biffs.

The passion has gone out oforigin at least for the blues. The Canetoads still play with passion and still play origin football but the blues well they have lost the intensity.

i dotn knwo byso they have Indie....and I tell ya I love a good stroll down the gold coast streets during that time.

and **** they have some fine women

I want more biffs.

Agree, in years gone by it was guaranteed that there would be some biff. They should allow the biff in origin, should be no fear of suspension or getting put in the bin for getting into a blue.

We should be allowed to take aim at that big chin of Tonie Carroll and knock him on his arse. It should be encouraged.

Bring back Tommy and the cattle dog!!!!!!

I used to be more passionate about it, maybe I have mellowed as I've got older. I still yell at the TV though, but I can recognise when we get outplayed and not look for excuses.
Same here, now I just look for positives like great Kafusi is out and White has a broken nose, but Lyon, Bell & Kite pulled up ok. ;)

must admit i cricnge every time manly player gets near the ball, i would love the blues to win , but losing doesnt rate on the same scale as an eagles loss.

I think Manly had so many players playing for queensland over the years, its hard to "hate" them.

I just like to see a good tough game. I think a lot of Blues fans see it the same way, which is why people really do believe it means more to them.

"B" for me Byso. Deep down i really dont care, i watch for the entertainment and the abilty to bag Parra fans at my work the next day when there players choke.

year after year the ref's play for queensland and give them all the momentum it is most obviously designed to keep the bogans keen on footy up there to promote the game thats why it was created and thats what it is today.

yeah I want more biffs and so do all the random people who don't follow our game who tune in once a year to watch it!
State of Origin is the one time of the year that alot of non- league supporters actually sit down and watch a game and most don't care who wins. They like seeing someone get smashed then get straight back up - the hard stuff- the fights- the niggle.
I'm a NSW supporter but at the end of the day it doesn't upset me too much when we lose- I'm alot more upset when Manly lose.

Waking up to frost on the windscreen in this God-forsaken state, my day is a hell of a lot better after a Queensland triumph.

But that's the difference isn't it. Queensland know they're superior but we have to prove it to you dumb block heads year after bloody year.

Enjoy your $1.50 per litre petrol and frozen tundra you cheating cockroach scum.
Can we export this dinosaur to QLD then. They are growing fat off our share of the tax cake, they have chips on both shoulders and somehow think they are superior. Any state that produces Pauline needs a Mata living there as well!!! 8)

For me SOO has a long history. It involves bets on both sides of the border and bragging rights. I guess somehow some of the great passion has gone but nothing will stop it being one of the highlights of the year. Just because it really does pit the best against the best (crap selectioons aside).

Memories of great moments like Slater's try make SOO what it is. Obviously for Qlders it means a lot more than for us and I guess that is the fun in spoiling a whole State of rabid throwbacks their glory. The fact that it has been so close in total games won and points scored means that it is a real contest.

I think people just don't have passion in almost anything anymore. Wear your heart on your sleeve and live for the moments and you get more out of life.

Totally ruined my night.

It means almost as much as Manly.

I hate everything about Queensland & what it stands for.
Seeing thousands of Queenslanders happy absolutely sickens me.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4