SOO Passion or entertainment.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What it stands for?

Geez, you might be reading too much into things duff.

No, I just don't think that most people tend to look past the surface of things. It probably either scares or confuses them.
It's a battle of two peoples & two differing sets of values. I compare it to the American civil war. The free-minded liberal thinkers v the red necks (to over-simplify).
There is more going on than just a footy game.

Duff and the Fluffster, weird boys. Who cares about exhibition games unless our fine young men are injured, then it fires me up. Waste of time imo.

we do obviously and a few others.

what gets me is if you dont care why are you posting opinions on it?

IMO entertainment for kids, a feable attempt to glorify these blokes as gladiators, yada yada.

best player in the world etc, etc.

Nah, it's a chance to get one over a pack of sh1te.

SOO & footy in general is just one part of a much bigger picture. The whole point isn't the players, it's the people that support it & their reaction that means more to me. The way in which a game is analyised & accepted by the public that tells the real story.

Fluff, I only post because your posts are total and you're in need of help to overcome FODD (footie opinion deficiency disorder)

It's a battle of two peoples & two differing sets of values. I compare it to the American civil war. The free-minded liberal thinkers v the red necks (to over-simplify).

LMFAO. If we're going to talk in vague and generic characterisations .........

The only thing the average Sydney sider (and let's face it, Sydney people think Sydney IS NSW) is the size of their bank balance and the next round of cosmetic surgery. This is not only conservative (aka neo-redneck) it is shallow, empty and exceedingly vacuous.

Free minded? Your mob are a slave to your jobs, bank balances and hefty mortgages.

Queenslanders may seem "simpler" becuase they have fewer cares. This is called lifestyle choice and judging by how pent up you are on this issue, I suggest you think seriously about getting help.

The only thing I can say in your defence is that you are the first person from NSW I have met that comes close to Queensland passion.

Hang on a second.

Aren't you the bloke who looked like a toothless hippie that was smoking the joint at the penrith game?

[quote author=Duff]

Hang on a second.

Aren't you the bloke who looked like a toothless hippie that was smoking the joint at the penrith game?

[/quote]
Do I laugh or cry ?
No, that wasn't me.

Haha, man, I've got teeth

[quote author=Duff]

LMFAO. If we're going to talk in vague and generic characterisations .........

The only thing the average Sydney sider (and let's face it, Sydney people think Sydney IS NSW) is the size of their bank balance and the next round of cosmetic surgery. This is not only conservative (aka neo-redneck) it is shallow, empty and exceedingly vacuous.

Free minded? Your mob are a slave to your jobs, bank balances and hefty mortgages.

Queenslanders may seem "simpler" becuase they have fewer cares. This is called lifestyle choice and judging by how pent up you are on this issue, I suggest you think seriously about getting help.

The only thing I can say in your defence is that you are the first person from NSW I have met that comes close to Queensland passion.

[/quote]

Firstly, NSW stands for Newcastle, Sydney, Woolongong.

Cosmetic surgery ? Maybe ask on the Roosters forum about that one.
We're not struggling with mortgages, none of us can afford a house.
I'm sure that most of those in QLD who aren't on the dole have jobs, it tends to be the way of the world.

Sir Joh & Pauline Hanson are two examples of the Christian conservative nature of the place. I don't know that their more simple appearance is necessarily by choice, anyone with half a brain can't be relaxed in this world. The whole world has gone to pieces in so many ways that to not let it get to you is only to not notice.

I don't really know how many people other than yourself would consider Sydney a conservative city, with the poof parade (not that there's anything wrong with that) and the heavy influence of the Greens (especially in the inner city suburbs) and so on.

I don't know why people think that QLDers have more passion, they simply have a bigger chip on their shoulders.

Back to the point about passion, will bring up something i thought was a great moment in the pre match.

Gould pulling out a NSW jumper and parading in front of the stands with it, I loved it, was waiting for the bottles to fly into his melon LOL

Sydney holds dear to the individualistic, materialistic ideals so beloved of the Conservatives. And the poof parade is typical of the vacuous love of political correctness.

You seem to forget that the ALP was born in Queensland? :stupid:

Which survived beyond 5 years. :lol2:

To be honest with you, having lived down this way for 15 years, I do cringe when I return to queensland. At best you could call them "unsophisticated".

Firstly, onya Duff. I can't agree more about having passion and a stand in SOO. I LOVE it. When we win I want to feel their pain, when we lose I know it will hurt. All those that don't give a fig surprise me and I don't understand it.

Mata, you continue with the same crap about Sydney. You have no idea. "Shallow, empty and exceedingly vacuous" describes someone who is not certain that their XXXX can is empty or not :p

Please don't link Pauline with 'Christian' please. I think David Olfield might say she is anything but conservative, especially if he was using a lie detector!! :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4