SOO 3 ( what a waste of time)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hope not - we can do without Jake getting injured in a nothing game :(
As for SOO3 being a waste of time, me thinks its a waste of a lot of money.
A dead rubber also puts your good players at risk for nothing, which is fine as long as they don't play for Manly ;)

Yep, everyone but Myles can get injured and we don't care, come to think of it maybe it's better if he did too ( said as a joke of course I don't mean that ).

To combat the young P-plater with the Queensland horn beeping, I might hide in the bushes with a large super soaker mixed with a full bottle of blue food colouring.
Every time he horn blasts, I blue blast him. Sounds fair to me.:giggle:

I hope Myles does get injured as he chose a dead rubber over his injury ravaged Club this week :swear:

The actual game is on tonight - then no more for 12 months :clap: :party:

Yes noted that , but it's his last ever game ( not that he or they have announced that but I bet if they win he/they will) so I sort of understand

Queensland by 40 points I hope. A clean sweep for them in 2017 and the concept should be on it's knees. Looks like we are on track for the demise of Origin by 2020 by when Qld will have won 15 of the previous 16 series.

Queensland by 40 points I hope. A clean sweep for them in 2017 and the concept should be on it's knees. Looks like we are on track for the demise of Origin by 2020 by when Qld will have won 15 of the previous 16 series.

Whilst ever it rates so highly, and whilst ever the ARL makes 60 million from it, and whilst ever the players earn an extra 50k a game the circus will go on.

Just imagine the interest in NSW in 2025 after QLD has won 19 of the last 20.

It will never die, never ever.

'80 & '81 were just 1 game, wasn't it?
Then, from '82 the best of 3, is that right?
In 1980 and 81 the traditional interstate NSWRL vs QRL matches were played twice, prior to the SOO games. With NSW leading the series 2-0 in each year, the decision was made to play the third under the Origin banner.

As the fear was that NSW fans wouldn't care about the match they gave the first years of Origin to QLD for hosting.

The mix of NSW/QLD alignment for players threw up some interesting scenarios with Ribot and Morris two players bouncing between the blue of NSW and QLD maroon:

Rod Morris played in the first Origin in 1980 but only after playing front row for NSW in the two Interstate matches, as well as for NSW City Firsts. In '81 he played the final Interstate match in NSW colours then a week later ran out for QLD in the second Origin played.

Ribot in 1981 played NSW City Firsts and for NSW in the Interstate matches twice, but didn't player Origin until 1982, where he again had turned out for NSW City Firsts, this time a week prior to his Origin debut.

I shall watch until the first square up penalty goes Qld way ( just as the ball is kicked off) then Mad as hell here I come.

Moylan will have more traffic coming his way than a silent cop !!!

I shall watch until the first square up penalty goes Qld way ( just as the ball is kicked off) then Mad as hell here I come.

Moylan will have more traffic coming his way than a silent cop !!!

I was listening to the ABC RL talkback radio on Sunday coming back from a bush trip, a guy called up and said the only reason QLD's won so many series is the latitude given to Smith / Cronk / Thurston / Slater , they poo poo'd him but he kept at them saying he had prepared vision of dozens of penalties given to QLD and the comparison versions where they hadn't been awarded to NSW.

We know on here they are a " protected species " so I think he's possibly right.

Let's see if the same thing happens tonight!!

I was listening to the ABC RL talkback radio on Sunday coming back from a bush trip, a guy called up and said the only reason QLD's won so many series is the latitude given to Smith / Cronk / Thurston / Slater , they poo poo'd him but he kept at them saying he had prepared vision of dozens of penalties given to QLD and the comparison versions where they hadn't been awarded to NSW.

We know on here they are a " protected species " so I think he's possibly right.

Let's see if the same thing happens tonight!!

Sounds like you're getting excited, Mark!!
@;)

I love origin. I couldn't care less who wins. There is too much emphasis put onto the fact that Qld dominate it, and too much time spent coming up with reasons for why. It is just a good hard battle and a great promotion for the game in general.

People accuse Manly of being refs pets and whingers that always get our own way as well when we are dominating the comp.

Sometimes sour grapes are blue, sometimes they are maroon. So, just stop eating grapes and enjoy the spectacle. That's what I do!

Bring on tonight!!! Should be a ripper!

gall got it right about the queeensllaaaander fans being bad winners,they are even badderer when they lose,probably a day full of excuses tomorrow,hope so anyway

Adam MacDougall got it right when he commented on NSW most successful coach and his whingeing comments after game 2.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/or...e/news-story/7426a62f469ef86a08e430fda63692ae

One thing is for sure, whingers will always find something to piss and moan about...no matter the situation.

As for me, I'll be sitting quite content tonight after viewing another great game of footy! Might even break my rule of no mid week drinks.

*cough*
:nod:

Moylan & Tedesco are going to have more traffic running at them than what you see on the M1 ( or Pittwater Road for you southerners) at 8am each weekday morning.

The Queenslanders up here have been talking about it all week.

And no doubt they'll love it if they just give it to Gallen all night, as they like nothing better than giving it to him.

If Moylan plays 5/8 I'll be amazed. He doesn't play in the position for his club side, and yet he is being asked to spark a lackluster NSW! Bird, at least, is rugged enough to handle the dour SOO style.
I can't see NSW winning. But what's new?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8