SOO 3 ( what a waste of time)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The changes were made by a coach fearful of moving on old players but trying to appease the outside cries for blooding youngsters. So, what does he do... gets rid of Bird amongst a couple of other younger players and drops in the PR line about having blooded 8 new faces this series. Pathetic.

Gallen and Farrer (and perhaps Jennings) should have been left out. It's funny, but the decision to leave in Gal and Farrer seems to add support to Gus' suggestion that the leadership is selfish...

No I understand the Gallen / Farrer / Bird choice , chance to say farewell!!!

Reynolds is officially out of the game.....and yesterday Penrith got the $hits with things and had Bryce Cartwright leave camp in Coffs Harbour to head back to Sydney.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ns...r/news-story/6b8d528eb70689d7cbbe7142cabd2e38

And get this.....Paul Gallen has endorsed, shock horror, his own Cronulla team mate Wade Graham (who has yet to actually play Origin) to be the next Blues skipper.....

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/st...n/news-story/b9037499c0967ddacccdc425ca0db13a

Even forgetting the star players Qld still have and have had, its not hard to see why NSW have lost 10 of the past 11 Origin series.

Why you would toss a guy like Moylan, who didn't do anything wrong is beyond me. First bloke gone should have perennial loser Gallen. I'm almost at the point of hoping for a NSW win so we get some interest back in it.

Why you would toss a guy like Moylan, who didn't do anything wrong is beyond me. First bloke gone should have perennial loser Gallen. I'm almost at the point of hoping for a NSW win so we get some interest back in it.

It's his last game mate, ditto with the selection of Myles, and straight back in even though he hasn't played a game since the last one.

I'll probably watch it, but could very easily give it a miss.

To be honest , I'm sick of it not being the gladiatorial contest it used to be, now it's just " ho hum QLD by either 2 or 3 games.

I'm sure as a QLDer you'd love that , but you can't be surprised that those in NSW aren't really interested much any more.

It will eventually come back to being interesting , but only after about 6-8 of your current lot are retired.

Ha, I continue to dream that Qld win the next ten so as to kill the stupid divisive concept.

Ha, I continue to dream that Qld win the next ten so as to kill the stupid divisive concept.

Well that would probably do it, although they'd just play all the games in QLD, to sell
out crowds with the locals chanting "20 in a row 20 in a row".

The TV ratings in QLD would be huge, meanwhile in NSW Chan 9 reverts to replays of Pretty Woman & Notting Hill.

The thing I love most about SOO3 is that it's the last one.

The thing I love next most is nothing.

The result doesn't matter. Celebrating a potential win will be like trailing 42-0 with 5 to go, barging over from dummy half and then proceeding to give it to the opposition.

The Blues have become a joke. And the punchline's not funny.

Moylan needs to be in the halves now if the Blues are serious about winning and staying consistent. He's the only one who tries to create something and the fact he hasn't played any games in the halves in first grade doesn't matter because he plays like a half in the opposition end zone all the time. Being rag dolled and weak under the high ball is his only major weakness and that's also gone when he's in the halves.

For what its worth, my NSW team for Origin 3 would be:

FB - James Tedesco
WG - Josh Mansour
CE - Dylan Walker
CE - Jack Bird
WG - Tom Trbojevic
FE - Matt Moylan
HB - James Maloney
PR - Aaron Woods (c)
HK - Nathan Peats
PR - David Klemmer
SR - Wade Graham
SR - Josh Jackson
LK - Tyson Frizell

Res - Jake Trbojevic, Bryce Cartwright, Andrew Fifita, James Tamou.

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Well that would probably do it, although they'd just play all the games in QLD, to sell
out crowds with the locals chanting "20 in a row 20 in a row".

The TV ratings in QLD would be huge, meanwhile in NSW Chan 9 reverts to replays of Pretty Woman & Notting Hill.

The QLDers only lost that series a couple of years ago because they were getting close to 10 in a row and they knew that if they did manage to get past 10 in a row, they would have to take their boots and socks off to count to 11 because they couldn't count without using their digits as displayed by each year that they won a series, they would shove that many fingers in front of the TV cameras and say how many. :D

I'm pleased about this. While Tedesco is probably the better player, Moylan offers great potential. If you add the two Turbos and some other young'uns NSW could win a series in the next few years.

Whenever the three " game managers " Scam Smith , Immortal Thurston and my girlfriends better than yours Cronk" retire they will come back to the pack.

Apart from the obvious TV reasoning , this next game is a total waste of time and effort and just another chance for players to be injured.

For gods sake it's a dead rubber, means nothing, only to QLD to get a whitewash.

It's about time the NRL grew some balls, and told the QRL and NSWRL that game 3 only goes ahead if there's a need to.

Of course we know that's not going to happen , but I can at least whinge about it.

By the way for the game that doesn't matter QLD will probably be off the pace , and with Gallen retiring NSW will lift and win.

Whoopy do, I'm excited..........not!

Your prediction and score ?
Better still Mark, how about we just have one S of O game a year, that would solve everything

If there was ever a competition that needed match fixing its the SOO. I am not saying the better state should chuck it, but please make it 1-1. Come on!

The sponsors, broadcasters, players and just about everyone has a big sigh. It's only the Queensland fans that crave a whitewash. Go figure.

Really if it was 1-1, it would be a grand final, but it's now as exciting as a pre-season trial match.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6