SOO 2 - 2018 Game Day - Blues Win Series

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Look, we are all one-eyed Manly fans here but I'm not going to make excuses for that play by Tom. It was a poor decision regardless of whether we think Roberts would have been beaten or not. He has to trust Roberts otherwise there is no point playing out there on the wing.
Never happens in the modern game. Always need two defenders to make a tackle. Especially against inglis. You never see a winger just stand there and let a player run past him

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Their backs are giving us a bath so far... smart tactic by Qld to expose the defensive vulnerabilities of our backline.

yokahontas

Bencher
Disagree. His momentum was never halted. Geez, we watch Gordy drag a player halfway across the field into touch and celebrate it as an iconic SOO moment. Penalising that was wrong in terms of the momentum rule and precedent, IMO.

Disagree right back. If you’ve got a fistful of jersey and are dragging a guy laying prone on the ground as if you’ve got hold of a tow-rope, you’re going to get penalised every day of the week. The only momentum was Latrell Mitchell’s. Tallis should’ve been penalised for his as well, it’s just another case of idiots jizzing themselves over foul play that would be penalised in any other game.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Never happens in the modern game. Always need two defenders to make a tackle. Especially against inglis. You never see a winger just stand there and let a player run past him
I love your biased passion, but cannot agree... really? All wingers come in to make a two man tackle on the running centre and just leave their opposing winger unmarked???

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Disagree right back. If you’ve got a fistful of jersey and are dragging a guy laying prone on the ground as if you’ve got hold of a tow-rope, you’re going to get penalised every day of the week. The only momentum was Latrell Mitchell’s. Tallis should’ve been penalised for his as well, it’s just another case of idiots jizzing themselves over foul play that would be penalised in any other game.
Yeah, I do agree now in hindsight on the momentum aspect. If a player is laying prone and not moving then I prefer they call it held and prevent dragging.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Impressive by Ado... and agree with Sterlo, that was brave by Maloney... could have gone horribly wrong.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Taking up somebody's comment earlier about inconsistent rulings and the NRL lottery... Holmes dropped bomb is called knock back and that one is somehow called forward... Yep, inconsistency is frustrating

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Thought a penalty try was 2 kicks at goal. One in line of where it would have been scored, and one in front of the posts??? I must be 100 years behind!
That’s an 8-point try. The defence commits an offence like kicking the try scorer in the head after he puts the ball down. Kick in front after the initial conversion.

Example: Ray Price slid into Tom Mooney’s back after Mooney scored in the S-W corner at Stadium Brookvalia in 1979. John Gray failed to convert the try but kicked the second goal. We lost anyway - 28-13.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18