Sons Outdoing Their Fathers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daniel Gartner -> Clive Gartner
Mat Rogers -> Steve Rogers, Dad probably just outshines son
Hoppa Jr -> Hoppa Snr
Ryan Hoffman -> Jay Hoffman, a must
Justin Horo -> Mark Horo
Jarryd Hayne -> Manoa Thompson

Last edited:
Jesus was the better man.God allowing his only son to be crucified was unsavoury. I think if it was my kid and I was all powerful there'd be a price to pay.........you did what to my boy?....Look out Romans, I'm going to **** you right up....

You have Mosquitoes in Canada? Learn something new everyday.

Certainly do

Here's a 'stylised drawing' of me spraying a small one recently....

06-getaway-span-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Also.. thanks @40 nil , this has been an interesting thread to read. No more 'squtio talk from me, sorry to go off topic..

On the grandfather/grandson front:

Manly junior and first grade prop (1959 grand finalist), the late Denis Meaney (played the bulk of his career at Wests from 1960 onwards), and grandson Sean - now making his way at the Squall.

Manly junior and first grade prop (1959 grand finalist), the late Denis Meaney (played the bulk of his career at Wests from 1960 onwards), and grandson Sean - now making his way at the Squall.
I could be wrong but the Grandson may be the Sean Meaney that grew up in Freshwater and played a few first grade games for the Tigers and did a few years of juniors for Manly along with his brother Kieran. Of course there could be more than one grandson and the Nick Meaney at the storm could be among them

I grew up with the Meaney family I speak of and a little FB stalking doesn't reveal Nick but it isn't out of the question obviously. The Meaney family I knew sired a few Manly juniors and if I recall a manly Marlins player - they were a family of some pedigree, I remember that their mother was a rep netballer at some level. They are stalwarts at the Freshie SLSC also

Last edited:

It was pointed out to me that grandfathers didn’t meet the criteria for the thread. In all fairness I need to inform you of your error.

I could be wrong but the Grandson may be the Sean Meaney that grew up in Freshwater and played a few first grade games for the Tigers and did a few years of juniors for Manly along with his brother Kieran. Of course there could be more than one grandson and the Nick Meaney at the storm could be among them

I grew up with the Meaney family I speak of and a little FB stalking doesn't reveal Nick but it isn't out of the question obviously. The Meaney family I knew sired a few Manly juniors and if I recall a manly Marlins player - they were a family of some pedigree, I remember that their mother was a rep netballer at some level. They are stalwarts at the Freshie SLSC also
Sorry, I meant Nick. They’re probably all related.

Daniel Gartner -> Clive Gartner
Mat Rogers -> Steve Rogers, Dad probably just outshines son
Hoppa Jr -> Hoppa Snr
Ryan Hoffman -> Jay Hoffman, a must
Justin Horo -> Mark Horo
Jarryd Hayne -> Manoa Thompson
Daniel, Ryan & Jarryd are already in the team. Hoppa Jr doesn't get a spot ahead of the Morris twins, Tezza or Mad Dog. I don't know if Justin can be rated a better player than Mark. He was selected for the Kiwis just once compared with his father's sixteen appearances.

Here's a 'stylised drawing' of me spraying a small one recently....
Canada seems like a very dangerous country - grizzly bears, moose, coyotes, cougars, wolves & giant mosquitoes!

This is an interesting Wikipedia of Rugby League family relations across different countries. I learned that Isaah Yeo's father, Justin, played for Norths & Balmain (have added Isaah to the team). I didn't know that Matt King was the brother of former Manly player, Andrew King. Also, there have been four generations of players in another King family: Cec (Souths) > Johnny (St George) > David (Gold Coast) > Max (Melbourne)

Sorry, I meant Nick. They’re probably all related.
FB Stalking hasn't revealed it but yes there is no doubt a possible connection

And google has revealed he is the grandfather of Nick - but you new that

Last edited:
We could almost make a 90s manly son team:

Daniel O’Donnell,
Zack Hosking
Zac Fulton
Albert Hopoate
Nathan cleary
Zane Dunford

Randall
Sam Walker
Will Hoppa
Bradman Best (Grandfather)
Woodsie - ive done the math.

The Manly Trbojevic's were 4 brothers. 3 of them have played first grade.

Let's assume Jake, Ben and Tom father 4 boys each and 3 of those play professional rugby league.

Therefore, In the year 2050 there might be 12 Turbos playing first grade for Manly.

So that begs the question - who will be the 13th player in that team?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8