Sons Outdoing Their Fathers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know, I left :D for your comment. I was mainly bringing attention to the fact that BA was advised early that he would never make first grade :)

Oooooh, lol. I get it now.
To be fair, I went outside and the famous Canadian mosquitos took 80% of my blood in about 3 seconds so I'm a bit light headed!

Interesting - at present, most clubs have at least one NRL player whose father also played NRL or equivalent.

Broncos: Billy Walters (Kevin Walters)
Bulldogs: Kyle Flanagan (Shane Flanagan)
Cowboys:
Dragons:
Eels:
Knights: Jack Johns (Matt Johns)
Panthers: Nathan Cleary (Ivan Cleary)
Rabbitohs: Jed Cartwright (John Cartwright)
Raiders: Albert Hopoate (John Hopoate)
Roosters: Sam Walker (Ben Walker)
Sea Eagles: Morgan Boyle (David Boyle)
Sharks: Will Kennedy (William 'Bubba' Kennedy)
Storm: Cooper Johns (Matt Johns)
Tigers: Jackson Hastings (Kevin Hastings)
Titans: Jayden Campbell (Preston Campbell)
Warriors: Bayley Sironen (Paul Sironen)

Note: Tristan Sailor, who formerly played NRL with the Dragons, now plays for the Broncos feeder club.
There is a Bert Tabuai who played for the Cowboys who I assume is related to the Hammer, but I don't know if he is his father.

The great Magilla Ian Thomson played for NSW and Kangaroos, which puts him ahead of his old man who played for Balmain.

img_0678.jpg

Mad Dog got suspended after the 1997 grand final for 3 matches.

Arguable which generation was the better with Ryan Cross, Scott Gourley, Luke Ricketson and Darren Junee.

From way back Joe Pearce at Easts. Son of 'Sandy' Pearce. Also Bob Sullivan at Bears son of Con Sullivan. I don't know who was the better.

Ed 'Tedda' Courtney played first grade with his son Ed jr at Wests in 1924.

Last edited:
At manly most of the dads have been better so far: bozo, Gordon Willoughby (Mark was pretty good, but not an international), OJ, Fatty.

Zane might end up better than Matt dunford, Dave O’Donnell’s son is a very promising hooker. Choc’s son has been on the bench for Flegg this year and has been graded, but not quite there yet.

Ollie Cummins will be much better than rah rah dad Damien.

I think Georgia Toovey played touch for nsw.

There is a Bert Tabuai who played for the Cowboys who I assume is related to the Hammer, but I don't know if he is his father.
The Hammer's mother is from the Torres Straits & his father is Samoan. In a Channel 9 interview, he didn't mention that his father influenced his football, but said he got his speed from his mother. Thus, I assume his father is not Bert Tabuai.
The great Magilla Ian Thomson played for NSW and Kangaroos, which puts him ahead of his old man who played for Balmain.
Thank you, I knew about his uncle Alan, but not his father, Jim. Magilla goes straight into the thirteen!
Mad Dog got suspended after the 1997 grand final for 3 matches.

Arguable which generation was better with Ryan Cross, Scott Gourley, Luke Ricketson and Darren Junee.
Pity Mad Dog wasn't sent off in the first half ...

I agree, these are debatable. However, Luke definitely had a more successful career than his father Doug.

the famous Canadian mosquitos took 80% of my blood in about 3 seconds
Must be huge mosquitoes in Canada :)

What about uncles? Frank Stanton the uncle of Michael Ennis.

Or grandsons: Ron Willey / Anthony Don

Oooooh, lol. I get it now.
To be fair, I went outside and the famous Canadian mosquitos took 80% of my blood in about 3 seconds so I'm a bit light headed!
You have Mosquitoes in Canada? Learn something new everyday.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2