some reputations enhanced!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Before the trial v Souths I had hopes for these, I'm now more impressed ...

Seibs, Flano & Dymock - the side looked pretty organised and together all game, despite losing the halfback just a couple of days before
Bully - very strong and I think he played the whole 1st half, not sure about the 2nd - he's a middle not an edge
Johns - I thought he showed tradesman qualities at Storm, but he has a bit more than that as he showed in 2 quality try assists. Also a character. He's a good pick-up
Gordie - played to the standard I hoped he could, he was tremendous and will be gettting NRL time this year. Maybe quite a lot!
Viliami Fifita - not sure how many minutes he got through but when he is on field he rips in with great effect. Definitely realistic to see an NRL debut this year. And he might just hold his spot when he gets it!

Plenty of others shone too, but I reckon each of these guys can play good roles for us this year.

Good summary SER8.

A few others for me;
Myers - showed some classy touches and good pace
Fainu - played big minutes, a big unit who looks to have some good ball skills
Toby - a bit of a rocks and diamonds performance but looked very busy and purposeful in attack
Vegas - strong and can find the line
Johns- nice try assists and look dangerous
Harry - young half I thought kicked well and played strong. Only blemish was his missed tackle in Souffs last try

Good summary SER8.

A few others for me;
Myers - showed some classy touches and good pace
Fainu - played big minutes, a big unit who looks to have some good ball skills
Toby - a bit of a rocks and diamonds performance but looked very busy and purposeful in attack
Vegas - strong and can find the line
Johns- nice try assists and look dangerous
Harry - young half I thought kicked well and played strong. Only blemish was his missed tackle in Souffs last try
Harry has a massive boot on him. Almost burtonesque. Quite impressive really. I enjoy watching great strikers of the ball. I would of like to see him kick for goal

Myers in the 3/4 line looks a keeper. He looks to have that typical white guy body at 19 years old (i say this only in comparison to some of the pasifika guys who develop much sooner). No where near developed but has some spark about him.
I can see him being a very good NRL centre in the years to come. Definitely a keeper. He looks like Mark Hughes but reminds of me of Matt Cooper for some reason

Great summary - I would add Fainu looked solid and played big minutes and done well and Myers who showed real class and speed "as SER8 already mentioned on another thread".
Toby is so dangerous in attack, but would "NOT" like to see hime at FB in top grade, as would be badly exposed....imagine Burtons, Reynolds or Cleary's kicking game....he would retire at fulltime. Though do agree he could maybe an explosive halves cameo if more controlled without pushing passes ect, just think run son....even out of dummy half would be explosive (defensively hmmm not sure)...
So much to like, but most impressed by Fifita who I think changed the momentum completely soon as he came on with powerhouse running to get Manly on the front foot and 3 tries in a short patch of powerhouse footy.

My take
*negative Tuipolotu defence issues could become costly and I don't see him as shoe in even given his yards run
  • Fletcher myers we have our centre to partner Koula. It really depends when they want to pull the trigger or put him into development for another 12 months.
  • Cooper Johns provides pretty good depth and he seems more than just a system player of storm. He going to be fine to step up if either Dce or Schu get injuried.
  • Gordy kid is pretty crafty and did not see any issues with his size many noted. Imo I see him in 17 by middle of year.
  • forward stand outs - Fainu big unit and no doubt see him in firsts soon. Fifta the same very big unit and mobile.
  • Ray Vaega - @BOZO your man Ray your right he has to be in round 1. Good finisher and hard to handle in defence. Made an error on bomb but looked good.
  • Bully - well sorry Des but look at him as a middle. It's his spot so much better. Ben turbo played good I still think he needs some time in seconds get some confidence will come good imo

IN my opinion

Myer ... Future 1st grader
Fifita ... Future 1st grader
Fainu ... Future 1st grader
Gordie ... hopeful but not convinced.
Skyes ... need to see more, but interested.
Bullemore ... better showing against reggies ... not convinced.
Ray Ray ... what you see, is what you get ... will be in and out of firsts ..
Fulton ... will be a work horse option ... every squad needs one ..
Condon ... a bit disappointed, not as big and dominant as I hoped .. still time.
Josh Stukey .. big and aggressive ... like to see more ..
Ferris ... interesting ..
Cooper Johns ... looks like he calls in sick on Gym days ... but went okay .. fair backup.

Last edited:
Be interesting as to how Bully may be used next week with most of the main squad no doubt to be given a run . Samual Fainu and Fifita , really good input , can " t beat the basis of power type play . Cooper Johns seemed to exceed expectations . Myers of course a stand out , Gordon did all that would have been expected and then a bit more , Vagea and Tippy Toes , certainly strong finishers and no doubt trying to improve their games in a couple of other areas . Hopefully the resilience factor can be replicated through the whole team grouping and right through the season if that noticeable comeback last night is any example . Actually thought that Jason Ferris was almost a dead ringer for Harper initially , good to give all of the non main squad a run to see how they go and their level of competitiveness

My take
*negative Tuipolotu defence issues could become costly and I don't see him as shoe in even given his yards run
  • Fletcher myers we have our centre to partner Koula. It really depends when they want to pull the trigger or put him into development for another 12 months.
  • Cooper Johns provides pretty good depth and he seems more than just a system player of storm. He going to be fine to step up if either Dce or Schu get injuried.
  • Gordy kid is pretty crafty and did not see any issues with his size many noted. Imo I see him in 17 by middle of year.
  • forward stand outs - Fainu big unit and no doubt see him in firsts soon. Fifta the same very big unit and mobile.
  • Ray Vaega - @BOZO your man Ray your right he has to be in round 1. Good finisher and hard to handle in defence. Made an error on bomb but looked good.
  • Bully - well sorry Des but look at him as a middle. It's his spot so much better. Ben turbo played good I still think he needs some time in seconds get some confidence will come good imo
Bully was always a middle at the Donkeys and that’s why I had him pencilled in to do well.

But Des tried to change him , and it failed.

We’ve got a few gooduns coming through.

Myers wouldn’t be out of place at centre , now!

Fifita & Fainu will definitely be pushing those ahead of them in FG.

If the Schu doesn’t work at 5/8 , Cooper John’s is a ready made replacement.

Young Fulton isn’t a one trick pony.

Veaga went ok on the wing , a better option while Saab is injured than Tui.

Toby’s will get a gig somewhere else if we don’t play him.

IN my opinion

Myer ... Future 1st grader
Fifita ... Future 1st grader
Fainu ... Future 1st grader
Gordie ... hopeful but not convinced.
Skyes ... need to see more, but interested.
Bullemore ... better showing against reggies ... not convinced.
Ray Ray ... what you see, is what you get ... will be in and out of firsts ..
Fulton ... will be a work horse option ... every squad needs one ..
Condon ... a bit disappointed, not as big and dominant as I hoped .. still time.
Josh Stukey .. big and aggressive ... like to see more ..
Ferris ... interesting ..
Cooper Johns ... looks like he calls in sick on Gym days ... but went okay .. fair backup.
Woodsie what didn’t you see in Gordon that makes you think he might not make NRL? I thought he was terrific for a first gamer

Woodsie what didn’t you see in Gordon that makes you think he might not make NRL? I thought he was terrific for a first gamer

Not saying he won't ... I'm just not convinced he will make the jump up to NRL level ... I have only seen him play against SG Ball and reggies ... and whilst he goes well, I remain unconvinced ... his defence is competent without being powerful. ... his service is competent ... he is wily and scheming .. but is that enough ... I don't know .. if I have to think about it, then that tells me he probably hasn't got it ..

I guess the test is say Fifita and Fainu ... within 10 minutes there was no doubt they have it.

And Myers ... no doubt at all ... just has it ...

So what could it do to dessies reputation. Time will tell

virtually a different team last night with new coaches and one game. Not comparing oranges but nice regardless as blacktown was pretty average

good prospects . nice hope. Absolutely. Nice crop of young players that des helped assemble

Curious
do some think that dessie threatened to drop players if they played with structure ?
always found that weird that professionals were only following a game plan that seemed pretty non existent

accountability was missing. Some fresh players on the fringe aiming up with attitude and effort wise is promising though and the competition is long overdue.

and they are all getting closer to first grade age and ability. Cap management probably decides if they all fulfill that potential at manly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6