Some questions for perspective

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
If Monaghan left the club at the end of the year:

1. Would we be bemoaning his loss in 12 month's time?
2. Would he come back to bite us with another club?
3. How exactly would he be remembered?
4. Would he be a member of our pantheon of legendary halfbacks and/or captains?
5. Would he make the team of 2000 to 2009?

1. Would we be bemoaning his loss in 12 month's time?

Definately not. His money could allow us to snag a rep type player either in the forwards or second row.

I don't think so. I don't really think he would end up at a quality club, as they all have fantastic 1/2 backs already. He isn't a match winning type of 1/2 back, although he HAS shown in patches he can play well. It's the lack of consistency that would find him probably in the ESL or somewhere else.

3. How exactly would he be remembered?

Unfortunately because of all the trouble around his re-signing. If there was a little tact from whatever side (I don't know who's fault it was), and he just signed straight up, saying he never wants to be anywhere else, a lot more respect would have been afforded to him.

We aren't measuring apples against apples here. Therefore - no contest. Toovey, Dessy & co. bled for this club, and had a lot more skill. They did probably have the same amoutn of effort though. I think Monnas tries his arse off.

No, but then again, a lot of real other quality 1/2 back wouldn't as well.

He was - and that's what I meant. But he says "a lot of other quality half backs wouldn't as well".

To clarify my point, I in no uncertain terms consider Monnas a quality 1/2 back. Hope that spells it out. LoL...

It's funny you know, there WAS a time I thought he may have had the goods. Just never when I could remember.

1.Would we be bemoaning his loss in 12 month's time?
Michael who ?
Not unless we enter a team into the English Super League
3.How exactly would he be remembered?
The bloke who played half-back before Orford
No
No

1. Would we be bemoaning his loss in 12 month's time? We might be if ballin or Witt dont shape up but unlikely
2. Would he come back to bite us with another club? Unlikely but possible
3. How exactly would he be remembered? The guy before the guy bfore Groom
4. Would he be a member of our pantheon of legendary halfbacks and/or captains? No, but not many players are
5. Would he make the team of 2000 to 2009? no, but most wont

It's funny you know, there WAS a time I thought he may have had the goods. Just never when I could remember.
This time last year I was defending him against rabid attacks from sue and vegas. :blush: :blush:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2