SOLUTIONS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know it is David Penna, former Eels halfback in the late 90's.  Seems to be pretty decent based on results from the 20's in the last few years. 

BAZ link said:
ads
I don't recall saying the CEO should have a say in game tactics or player selections
read my post
the power thing I am talking about and I can't speak any slower now: is that Des has power over EVERYTHING down to the brand of toilet paper in the loo ( thats not something I heard - just trying to make the point )and I suggest that full 100% power with one guy isn't healthy

If he had 100% power over everything at the club, that would mean he would have to be out chasing sponsors etc, I have no doubt he is not playing a part in that role

Everything football related, he should have complete control of imo. How much info is put out in the public domain about the side, I can live with his input in that area as well. Des, Crusher, Tooves and co should get exactly what they want, and live and die by those results

At the moment, with what what he has achieved, Des is nowhere near on life support in my eyes

My mail is that Des only listens to Crusher and no one else. That is to say, he listens to Crusher and then does what he wants.

What?
SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183956.msg273252#msg273252 date=1278824688]
Penna or Costin could do the job.  A fresh approach.
What is their policy on toilet paper?
[/quote]

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=183956.msg273191#msg273191 date=1278814704]
Des has earned more than enough credit to try and turn things around

I hear you Isz, but like many I'm waiting for the trying to start.
[/quote]

Would you not expect that from the players?

Door a parra...not wanting to be interviewed...all smack of Des caring / trying

lsz link said:
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=183956.msg273221#msg273221 date=1278821569]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Door at Parra smacks of spoilt brat having dummy spit.

Have to agree to disagree - to me it was passionate block gutted that we lost

The question here is . Does des power hinder the rest of the club performing the tasks they are employed to do and does this power impact on recruitment of players and sponsors in the future

Its a team and as long as everyone is doing there job, nO problems. If he is having a negative impact on the manly brand ,as we know players, fans, coaches , media managers all come and go that is a different story

I say let him have his own way as long as he is doing the jobs he wants competantly. If there is any doubt its time to have another look

The whole club needs to work toward the same goal, and not just the 2010 goal but the future

But before he starts doing someone elses job, or telling them how to do it, he should do some of his chores better, ie media responsabilities and selling the manly brand to the rest of the world, sponsors etc. A footy coach has to do that in 2010 regardless of the result. He can be prickly 6 days a week . Not everyone outside his footy team is the enemy

If he really wants to live under the radar i suggest some acreage somewhere and a hobby farm. Rugby League is the most scrutenised job in Australia

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=183956.msg273304#msg273304 date=1278832073]
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=183956.msg273221#msg273221 date=1278821569]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Door at Parra smacks of spoilt brat having dummy spit.
[/quote]

LOL, You believe that ?

To me it smacks of a guy that was pissed off his team lost a footy game in the manner it did, some may say a bit of passion, which many on here are bagging the club for as lacking

I spoke to someone today while we went motorcycling around McCarrs Creek Rd, and he mentioned that after The Penrith flogging, an "element" of the coaching / admin staff turned to each other, and basically confirmed our season was over.

This is from his mouth, and he has always given me correct information, but according to him, there is an element of "loafing" throughout the team, and also an element of dissent, and from his mouth, that was from the "younger" section of the team, and towards our coaching / admin staff.

He then mentioned a few players are feeling put out due to the size and conditions of some of our players contract, and some are feeling they are not being treated with the same courtesies.

Man, this gossip hasn't been this bad since Peter Sharp days :(

Nah, we stop for a pie or sausage roll etc mate. But gossip is gossip....hopefully it was all ****....I guess we should all remember that when a team struggles....rumours always surface.

Kiwi...us Bikers talk a LOT of ****e when we pull up for a pie....mostly about how fast we took the last corner....I think Ryan has a faster bike than me plus he's younger and less inclined to be carefull....so there would be a LOT of ****e coming out!!

Ryan link said:
Nah, we stop for a pie or sausage roll etc mate. But gossip is gossip....hopefully it was all s**t....I guess we should all remember that when a team struggles....rumours always surface.

Wasn't Canberra in turmoil before last nights game. They lost 4 in a row and they were supposedly a club in crisis. I'm sure all there troubles will dissapear this week after a good win.

LOL Mark

Rightio, let's say that Ryan's info is correct

These young blokes need a kick up the arse if that is their attitude. The blokes on contracts they may think are large, have actually done something in the game over a period of time to earn them, something these youger blokes have yet to achieve. You have to earn your stripes in this game, not everything is handed to you on a plate, and many of these young 'stars' are learning that now

On a lighter not, while on the younger players in our game, I did have a laugh this morning reading a quote from Hayne that Slater has "small man syndrome"

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Kiwi...us Bikers talk a LOT of s**te when we pull up for a pie....mostly about how fast we took the last corner....I think Ryan has a faster bike than me plus he's younger and less inclined to be carefull....so there would be a LOT of s**te coming out!!

Got my bike up to hmmmm....lets just say I got her humming today mate :) Because I'd only ever do 168 odd k/m's hour on the track, because it would be illegal on say a road out to West Head ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2