• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I fell asleep just before half time in the game last night and missed the "grand stand" finish.

Doesn't say much for soccer though, does it.

However, I will say it was more entertaining than that incredibly boring Test match between the Wobblies and Poms. Union just seems to keep on getting stodgier (and that coming from a Union fanatic bought up to live and breathe the game).

6000 people braving 6 degrees in Fed Sq. The atmosphere was something of the likes I have never experienced before. I have never hugged so many random people. One of the best sporting experiences I have ever had.

I have never hugged so many random people.

Surely they would have been mostly female Doug, too good an opportunity to waste IMO ;)

I went ot bed with 14 mins to go thinking we were gone, heard a massvie cheers from the neighbours, jump up and turn the TV back on to see we were 2-1 up. Amazing finish to the game.

Well done Soccoroos, can't wait for the Brazil game :clap:

Brazil to win 4-1.

When Japan and Croatia draw, it wont matter

Yeah a few chicks Wheel. One I didnt hug was a chick I watched rapidly deteriorate after she had been polishing off shots. I actually attribitue the Aussies win to this lass, for soon after she vomited all over the ground (and herself and in her friends handbag) the Aussies kicked 3 goals!! :drunk:

The worst of all was that I had an interview at 8am this morning so I had to stay relatively dry last night. It wont be the same tomorrow night I can assure you.

how the fluck they allowed that Japanese goal is beyond me

I was thinking "aren't Japan and Germany allies?"

So why launch a kamakazi attack on a Schwarzer?

Wish I'd been in the crowd for that one. I'd have started a "Kokoda" chant.

The goal was a funny one. You can look at one of two ways

a) There was nothing in it. A bit of contact should be allowed
b) Keepers are a protected species. 9 times out of 10 that is called a foul – not saying it is right but that is the case

My brother was lucky enough to jag 4 tickets to the match at the last minute – he was in a Japanese section! He said they were great – lots of tears at the exit though

was a great game with the better team winning not matter how many penalties the ref wanted to blow against us.

I reakon Guus should come out and say that brazil are divers - the ref should then let us get away with murder based on last nights attrocity of an official.

If brazil does not beat croatia tonight we will go down by a few, if they do we are a chance as there is no cockier team.

[quote author=PJ]
how the fluck they allowed that Japanese goal is beyond me

I was thinking "aren't Japan and Germany allies?"

So why launch a kamakazi attack on a Schwarzer?

Wish I'd been in the crowd for that one. I'd have started a "Kokoda" chant.
[/quote]

I was surprised by the noise generated by Australian supporters at the game even through the TV...they booed the ref for a long time after he allowed that goal, which was good to see!

Yeah PJ, the singing of the national anthem was fantastic. Don't really remember such enthusiasm from a crowd.

Mata is right. Union is just pathetic. The rule changes have done so little and as a spectacle it leaves me cold.

The fact is both union sides are pretty ordinary on Sunday night and when played 'ordinary' union is boring as watching grass grow.

The fact is both union sides are pretty ordinary on Sunday night and when played 'ordinary' union is boring as watching grass grow.

On Sunday you needed grass just to get thru the game.

I had a feeling we would get one back when Aloisi came on.. but 3? woah.. I think we dont have a chance against Brazil but if Japan can get a result against Croatia... Its all on in the last game! The times dont make it easy in the day though.. I was buggered the next day. Against Brazil its middle of the night. Argh.

when was the union test on?

I had a feeling we would get one back when Aloisi came on.. but 3? woah.. I think we dont have a chance against Brazil but if Japan can get a result against Croatia... Its all on in the last game! The times dont make it easy in the day though.. I was buggered the next day. Against Brazil its middle of the night. Argh.

when was the union test on?
On Sunday night just gone.

I watched the Rugby Yawnion at The Surf Rock Hotel at Collaroy. That's 2 hours of my life that I'll never get back. Very boring !! We had a good night apart from the game.

btw , has anyone from the northern beaches been to the Surf Rock at Collaroy. We've been there twice recently.It's a good place , but what's with the downstairs toilets ? A see-thru thick glass wall that enables guys to see thru to ladies toilet entrance & allows girls to see guys doing their thing at the urinal. In 1 word - "Bizzare"

How much better was it to see real men playing a men's game in the Origin game last night?

Far better than watching a bunch of wogs with accents masquerading as Australians rolling around a pitch in mock agony every time someone tugs at their shirt.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4