So what to do with Nate right now?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Because of Walker's injury Brown will likely stay in the centres with Wiliame taking Parker's place on the wing.

As for Myles? Barring injury to himself he'll come straight back into the 17. I'm actually surprised that he didn't play yesterday TBH. Who he replaces is anyone's guess but its probably going to be AFB because I can't see us going with 4 props on the bench (I wouldn't mess with our starting pack right now unless Parcell was fit).

My next weeks team would probably be:

Tom, Jorge, Brown, Wiliame, Wright, Killer, DCE, Darcy, Api/Parcell, Taupau, Green, Buhrer, Jake. Res - Myles, Vave, Starling, Api/Parcell/Leary.

I'd prefer Myles to swap with Leary or Starling. They're both off contract and not as effective as AFB currently, nor are they garunteed to be playing for us in 2017. Adin would learn a lot this year with Myles in the side and he has a bright future so Leary or Starling have to make way hopefully

image.jpeg

For turbo:

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: B Williame
4: M Wright
5: B Parker
6: J Lyon
7: D Cherry-Evans
8: D Lussick
9: M Parcell
10: M Taupau
11: N Green
12: J Buhrer
13: J Trbojevic

14: L Brown
15: A Fonua-Blake
16: N Myles
17: S Vave

Sadly no Api, Brown covers too many spots.

We will win

Reactions: MRW
Interesting stat. Here are the average metres per game our forwards are making in 2016 (it also shows just how many forwards we've used this year). Please note that some players (e.g. Api, Brown) have not played exclusively in the forwards. It also doesn't take into account that some have obviously played more games and thus more minutes than others.

Martin Taupau - 129.0
Jake Trbojevic - 113.8
Darcy Lussick - 112.3
Jamie Buhrer - 105.4
Siosaia Vave - 105.3
Brenton Lawrence - 93.9
Nate Myles - 86.3
Josh Starling - 82.1
Tom Symonds - 82.1
Addin Fonua-Blake - 72.4
Nathan Green - 70.8
Feleti Mateo - 65.0
Luke Burgess - 63.0
Api Koroisau - 55.7
Lewis Brown - 52.3
Matt Parcell - 51.0
Blake leary - 36.8

Oh, and just for the record Tommy is leading the team for metres gained. He's currently averaging 159.9 metres per game (from FB he's averaging 144.2 per game compared to Snake's 53.3).

Last edited:
Because of Walker's injury Brown will likely stay in the centres with Wiliame taking Parker's place on the wing.

As for Myles? Barring injury to himself he'll come straight back into the 17. I'm actually surprised that he didn't play yesterday TBH. Who he replaces is anyone's guess but its probably going to be AFB because I can't see us going with 4 props on the bench (I wouldn't mess with our starting pack right now unless Parcell was fit).

My next weeks team would probably be:

Tom, Jorge, Brown, Wiliame, Wright, Killer, DCE, Darcy, Api/Parcell, Taupau, Green, Buhrer, Jake. Res - Myles, Vave, Starling, Api/Parcell/Leary.
I would rather have AFB in the side instead of Starling . With AFB we have more power upfront

Personally I think Baz ain't in love with Leary. Just looking at his game time. Not am I after that idiotic penalty.
I agree, after last season I thought Leary would improve and become another Buhrer but that chip and chase and now that push after the tackle, he's got no dicipline. How the **** did he think he was going to get away with shoving someone to the ground. I think Nate Myles coming off the bench replacing FB, but I'm sure there will be injuries from various players that we don't have to worry about dropping people to reserve grade

There is no way myles is getting left out if he is fit. Final team will depend on parcell's fitness but at least Leary will make way.

Also I'm not sure how our second tier cap problems are going but I imagine Parker is eating into that as well, and seeing how we struggled to get knight a start a few weeks back then maybe he might make way for hex if that is still an issue.

Interesting stat. Here are the average metres per game our forwards are making in 2016 (it also shows just how many forwards we've used this year). Please note that some players (e.g. Api, Brown) have not played exclusively in the forwards. It also doesn't take into account that some have obviously played more games and thus more minutes than others.

Martin Taupau - 129.0
Jake Trbojevic - 113.8
Darcy Lussick - 112.3
Jamie Buhrer - 105.4
Siosaia Vave - 105.3
Brenton Lawrence - 93.9
Nate Myles - 86.3
Josh Starling - 82.1
Tom Symonds - 82.1
Addin Fonua-Blake - 72.4
Nathan Green - 70.8
Feleti Mateo - 65.0
Luke Burgess - 63.0
Api Koroisau - 55.7
Lewis Brown - 52.3
Matt Parcell - 51.0
Blake leary - 36.8

Oh, and just for the record Tommy is leading the team for metres gained. He's currently averaging 159.9 metres per game (from FB he's averaging 144.2 per game compared to Snake's 53.3).

Myles is more a defensive prop, 3rd highest tackler in our side this year.

Starling also offers better defense than Vave or AFB - its all about finding balance

In all seriousness any chance we have of making the 8 will be largely determined by our experienced players.

Nate will be required to hold the centre of the ruck together in defence. The last couple of weeks not much has been asked of us in that area, that will change.

In short Nate needs to be our forward leader along with Marty Taupau. Those pair and Jake give us a very good pack if all 3 are firing.

Bring on the Burgess Cats.

A big fan of AFB, but he needs to be more consistent and lift his energy rating if he is going to hold his spot.
Agreed, he wasn't at his best against the Warriors. He needs to work on his leg speed for next year. Build up some velocity with his runs and he will be a wrecking ball.

I would rather have AFB in the side instead of Starling . With AFB we have more power upfront

Six of one, half a dozen of the other really. AFB is probably better overall running the ball but Starling's defence is better. As @Fluffy said its all about finding the balance.

Starling is averaging more metres per game but has also played 5 more games. Starling is averaging 39 minutes per game, AFB is averaging 24 minutes. Defensively Starling averages 20 tackles per game, AFB averages 13.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other really. AFB is probably better overall running the ball but Starling's defence is better. As @Fluffy said its all about finding the balance.

Starling is averaging more metres per game but has also played 5 more games. Starling is averaging 39 minutes per game, AFB is averaging 24 minutes. Defensively Starling averages 20 tackles per game, AFB averages 13.
To me Starling does every thing slower than all the other forward I have seen in the NRL . Once AFB gets more NRL game time and match fitness his games stats would be a lot better than Starlings and being young he also has much more potential than Starling .
Don't forget we wanted to offload Staling but no club was willing to take him

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6