So we got neither

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's absolutely insane to think that most of the fans here on the forum knew that Foran had made a decision to go to the eels 6 months ago but the club admin and new CEO seemed to have no idea and wasted so much time negotiating with him.
Yeah maybe they should read the rumours as they have become true..

Yes, the club administrators botched the negotiations every step of the way and aren't filling anyone with confidence, but if the players want to be somewhere else, what are they going to do? They both want big money and Foran apparently wants to be the new Darius Boyd and take his relationship with Brad Arthur to the next level. So let them go.
At least now we can get excited about the players we've got coming through and the idea of starting anew.

What's done is done, these guys had a good set up at a great club with genuine mates and they've throw that away for a few extra bucks. They could have stayed and been one club hero's and still have been more than comfortable financially. As the year progresses and we look toward the future, I think the gravity of their decisions will really hit home.

Manly WILL prevail, we WILL rebuild, and we WILL win another Premiership within 5 years ( as we have to keep up the at least one every decade).

This is just a hiccup in the process!!
Relax Mark we have already won a premiership this decade (2011). Still 2 or more would be better ;)

I thought Foran was telling his team mates as 10am this morning - do the media get anything right?

With the injection of some new blood in our pack last week Foz will now wait and see how we go up against the Bulldogs pack. He wants to make sure last Saturday night was not a one off.
He has sensed that these young props have the potential to lay a platform which could take Foz's game to the next level.

Guys, to be fair, their non-committed to Manly attitude is cancerous. The sooner they are cut away like a cyst from the rest of the playing group, the better for our culture. Their mentality and attitude would be rubbing off on the young guns like The Turbo's, Gutherson and co.

As we've seen, losing them balances our team much, much more. If we could snag a top class 1/2 on the cheap due to circumstance (yes, Carney for example), we could build a monster team around him. He would do 80% of the steering, and Mateo could be an amazing foil, and phase in and out of the game as he felt.

Imagine Mateo / Carney behind a forward pack making dominant metres. We'd roll over teams.

Yes I want to get back to the days when we bashed teams into submission. I remember an interview from Brian Smith when he was coaching Newscastle and we belted them at Brookie. He said "it was men against boys". Let's get back to those days :)

Yes but is it me or are we the only club to have there boom 20s riped apart, i suppose warriors have it. But if you look at quality first graders
Jwh, buhrer, oldfield. Foran, dce, hopoate, lussick all gone bar ferris.

From that U20'S side
JWH went for the $$$ early, we couldn't or wouldn't match the money especially with the forwards we had at the time and he would've spent time in reggies.
Buhrer we brought on slowly and look at him now.
DCE spent a year or two in Q Cup after 20's and now commands huge $$$ - yes we botched this one up.
Foz is going for the $$$ and Choc and the Dalai Arthur.
Hoppa went for the $$$ and regular 1st grade.
Lussick went for the $$$ and regular 1st grade.

Conversely, we've picked up Hiku and Sao from the Warriors. Hiku was their player of the year and is now a Kiwi regular. Sao hasn't come on just yet but is only 22 and showed massive improvement from last year so time will tell. Lussick isn't on the radar with rep selectors.

With the side we've had over the past 8 years it would hard to break into as a youngster and the lure of 1st grade and a bigger contract looks great versus biding your time ( that may or may noy come ).
The problem we've got now is having to pay more for the likes of the Turbos and Gutho etc whilst bringing them on to be 1st grade ready.

On the other side of the coin, we picked up someone Chee-Kam who hasn't come on. Do we throw more $$ at him and hope he comes good after 3 years with us or let him go and if he comes good he'll be regarded as another that got away.

A delicate juggling act, keeping the superstars happy whilst keeping the youngsters happy.

We can't keep them all.

History shows that only about 4 players from any U20's side go on to be stars and a handful regular 1st graders.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4